Pakistan's Nuclear Artillery?

Country flag
Using a weapon like this would guarantee a conflict can go nuclear. A flawed
military strategy. Using close to the border would also mean Pakistan will
suffer from the nuclear fallout. A 2 kiloton weapon is useless.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Has Pakistan minituarized nuclear warheads??
what is the premise of using a low yield nuclear weapon if response is a higher yield nuke?
Most nations have accepted nuclear weapons as last line weapons while artillery is usually
first line combination is puzzling?
Does your definition of artillery include rockets?

Tactical Nuclear Weapons

Nuclear artillery shells have been phased out of the U.S. stockpile, the last one having been reported destroyed in 2003.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
suffer from the nuclear fallout. A 2 kiloton weapon is useless.
only meant for small destruction.
Hence not useless

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
nasr cost is much less but India will spend billions for counter measures

cm400akg again cost less though now India will float a new tender next generation Sam
Nasr cost may be less. Making, storing and securing nukes is not. Good luck. It makes our cities safer while it makes your cities open to annihilation

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
nasr will be used within Pakistan very Close to the border

and if nuclear war started will be followed by bigger as well
as pakistan is SUPPOSE to be manufacturing a facility of launching 84 ballistic missiles in one go
Ok same topic going on in two threads.

But again, 8 IBGs make massive thrust into Pak. Now many Nasr with nukes will be used? Let's double the warheads Pak has right now from 100 to 200. You will use what 100 Nasr to break IA thrusts? That many nukes less for counter value targets. Add to that India's BMD, how many will get through? Add to that India launching strikes to take out facilities that allow Pak to launch. How many left. Come to think of it, India will be a lot safer with Pak goin the tactical nuke route. Makes Indian cities safer.

This will mean Pak will have to make even more nukes, even more missiles and get into even greater trouble.

The more I think, the more I admire Gen Sundarji and his minimum deterrence theory. More can be achieved with less!

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
do you think pak will only use nasr and nothing else and the number warhead are well over 1000 already since khushab reactor plutonium output 15years before was 14kg per year.now the facilities upgraded and 4 more reactors

800 tonnes of uranium reserves are alone discovered in dG KHAN

now imagine the numbers

leaving that pak is also expanding conventional force while the nuclear submarine being the most important add by 2020

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
do you think pak will only use nasr and nothing else and the number warhead are well over 1000 already since khushab reactor plutonium output 15years before was 14kg per year.now the facilities upgraded and 4 more reactors

800 tonnes of uranium reserves are alone discovered in dG KHAN

now imagine the numbers

leaving that pak is also expanding conventional force while the nuclear submarine being the most important add by 2020
Right from now on, I stop taking you seriously and waste my time on you.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
suffer from the nuclear fallout
. A 2 kiloton weapon is useless.
I would assume that as far as fallout is concerned, the prevailing winds (surface and upper level) are from West to East.

Decklander

tactics not lies
about Kirana hills test

Kirana Hills - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pakistan will never improve and they do post this wrong data on wiki as it is maintained by general public. Most data on Wiki is debatable and has part lies in it.
If you read about JF-17 on wiki, JF-17 emerges as the best fighter ever designed. Our Pak frnds have done a good job on wiki.
But Farhaan, did your nukes stop India from retaliating with full force in Kargil in 1999?
Had it not been US interference and stupidity of Chaarpayee, Today Pakistan wud have been history.
Indian No first use policy has a grey area which you guys do not know. Have you heard that proverb,"Sau sunaar kee aur ek Loohaar kee".
What we did in 1971 in just 14 days, can be repeated in just 7 days now.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I would assume that as far as fallout is concerned, the prevailing winds (surface and upper level) are from West to East.
Low yield tactical nukes on Paki soil. I don't think India will be too worried about the fallout.

Really there is a lot of non sense going on in Pak. Nukes have become the first second and last line of defence.
India actually sits pretty.

Defcon 1

Country flag
@farhan_9909
I have a question to the thread starter. What is your point in starting this thread?

The author of the article himself has said he doesn't believe pakistan can develop a nuclear device of such small size, although he admits that he is intrigued by it. So basically the author himself is as confused as anyone else and now you have just started a fire by posting such a crappy article and you go on to make tall claims about 84 missiles in one go and your nuclear submarine. A few months ago you were busy claiming that pakistan will get 14 additional F16s by December 2012. This is december 2012. I don't see any new F16s nor any news about them.

Such threads based on extremely thin info and crappy articles shouldn't be allowed to flourish on this forum.

Mod: Mention added

Last edited by a moderator:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
@Defcon 1
Please mention the name of the member whose attention you need.
The mention will send a notification to them when they visit the forum again.
I've edited your post with the same.
This is a small tip for everyone. Things work better that way :)

Regards,
Virendra

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistan will never improve and they do post this wrong data on wiki as it is maintained by general public. Most data on Wiki is debatable and has part lies in it.
If you read about JF-17 on wiki, JF-17 emerges as the best fighter ever designed. Our Pak frnds have done a good job on wiki.
But Farhaan, did your nukes stop India from retaliating with full force in Kargil in 1999?
Had it not been US interference and stupidity of Chaarpayee, Today Pakistan wud have been history.
Indian No first use policy has a grey area which you guys do not know. Have you heard that proverb,"Sau sunaar kee aur ek Loohaar kee".
What we did in 1971 in just 14 days, can be repeated in just 7 days now.
well sir about Kirana hills tests you can get many sources just Google it

thats the reason it is said that pak had nukes since 1983
though India acknowledged that in 1986.if i Am not wrong article about this was also published in India

now you think pak nukes are not improved this is your problem.though i Am sure your think tanks are not that stupid to think so

about the latter part
Bangladesh was thousand miles away,more important the people were against us as civil war was already started

i just wish that only once again a full scale war happen.
We will see Where you stand and and Where we

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
@farhan_9909
I have a question to the thread starter. What is your point in starting this thread?

The author of the article himself has said he doesn't believe pakistan can develop a nuclear device of such small size, although he admits that he is intrigued by it. So basically the author himself is as confused as anyone else and now you have just started a fire by posting such a crappy article and you go on to make tall claims about 84 missiles in one go and your nuclear submarine. A few months ago you were busy claiming that pakistan will get 14 additional F16s by December 2012. This is december 2012. I don't see any new F16s nor any news about them.

Such threads based on extremely thin info and crappy articles shouldn't be allowed to flourish on this forum.

Mod: Mention added
Pakistan to receive surplus US F-16 fighters

Gareth Jennings Aviation Desk Editor - London

Pakistan is set to receive a number of modified Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon combat aircraft over the coming months, the US Embassy in Islamabad has revealed.

Pakistan looks set to receive a further 14 surplus F-16s from the US in the coming months.

According to a US Embassy statement issued in early January, "several ... F-16s purchased by Pakistan from the US are undergoing mid-life upgrades [MLU] and will arrive in Pakistan beginning in late January. Deliveries will continue throughout this year and next."

While Pakistan is known to be waiting on the delivery later this month of the last of 18 new-build F-16C/D fighters ordered under the 'Peace Drive' I programme, there has been no clear statement on the status of upgraded legacy F-16 platforms due to be delivered.

In July 2006 a US Defence Security and Cooperation Agency (DSCA) notification informed the US Congress of the possible sale of 36 F-16C/D Block 50/52 fighters and 60 Falcon Star MLU kits: the proposed F-16C/D deal was later halved to the 18 jets currently being delivered.

While some of the Falcon Star MLU kits are to be fitted to the Pakistan Air Force's existing F-16 inventory, 28 have been earmarked for ex-US Air Force F-16A/B (or perhaps early F-16C/D) aircraft to be donated to Pakistan at no cost (except for the cost of the upgrade and transportation to Pakistan). To date, only 14 surplus aircraft have been donated, with Pakistan waiting on the remaining 14 F-16s.

In March 2011 Pakistani Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman confirmed that talks were taking place with Washington for the acquisition of the 14 outstanding F-16s and it is thought that the US Embassy's statement refers to these aircraft.

Pakistan originally purchased F-16s from the US in the 1980s but delivery was suspended with 28 outstanding in 1989 by then President George HW Bush over Islamabad's nuclear weapons programme. In 1998 the US agreed to pay Pakistan compensation of USD325 million in cash and USD140 million worth of surplus wheat and soy for the outstanding aircraft.

COMMENT
The timing of this apparent agreement between the two countries for the release of the 14 F-16s is especially significant as it comes at possibly the lowest ebb in relations between the two countries.

Following the air strike by US helicopters on a Pakistan Army position close to the Afghan border on 26 November 2011, the already fraught and dysfunctional relationship between the reluctant allies hit an all-time low with Pakistan closing its border with Afghanistan to US and NATO supply convoys.

Despite US apologies over the incident, which left 26 Pakistani soldiers dead, Pakistan has so far rebuffed any overtures from Washington and, publically at least, steadfastly refuses any conciliation with its supposed partner in the war against the Taliban.

With coalition forces set to end combat operations in Afghanistan by the end of 2014, the US military has already drawn up plans to ship its more than USD30 billion of equipment out of the Central Asian country. With the Pakistan border crossings providing the route in and out of Afghanistan for more than 30 per cent of NATOs equipment, Washington will be eager for a normalisation of relations with Islamabad as quickly as possible.

Whether or not this F-16 deal is intended to help ease tensions between the US and Pakistan is unclear, but the arrival of additional fighters will no doubt go a long way to calming the waters between them.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

though India acknowledged that in 1986.if i Am not wrong article about this was also published in India

now you think pak nukes are not improved this is your problem.though i Am sure your think tanks are not that stupid to think so

about the latter part
Bangladesh was thousand miles away,more important the people were against us as civil war was already started

Pakistan failed to win the last war which was but a small war. With les than 15 days of fuel left, your PL had to run to the US and ask Clinton to request India to end his misery.

Yeah we should have not listened to Clinton and gone ahead with a major war. We would use seen who stands where. Oh wait, Pakistan would not have stood.

Decklander

about the latter part

I wish to inform you that what you did in Kirana was not nuke testing but nuke triggerring machenism testing.
A cold test is done to check the uniform collapse of central core of a nuke device to provide energy for starting the fission reaction. It does not have nuke material in it instead a dummy stuff is put.
One of the biggest problems of a nuke device is the complete and simultaneous combustion of these explosives with a uniform shock wave travelling to the centre of the device.
So info of RAW was correct that Pak acquired the ability only in 1990 and not before that. What Pak did was that after they had successfully tested this trigger device, they had assembled many nuke bombs but never tested a complete device however one such device was tested in china by Pakistan in 1992. After that in 1998, the device they tried to explode3 failed. So they requested china and got a device only for satisfying the Pak public. pak had been enriching uranium but the device they exploded was Plutonium device which chinese have.
The so called other smaller devices were nothing but conventional explosives which were used to give an impression of a sub kiloton device like North Korea.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I wish to inform you that what you did in Kirana was not nuke testing but nuke triggerring machenism testing.
A cold test is done to check the uniform collapse of central core of a nuke device to provide energy for starting the fission reaction. It does not have nuke material in it instead a dummy stuff is put.
One of the biggest problems of a nuke device is the complete and simultaneous combustion of these explosives with a uniform shock wave travelling to the centre of the device.
So info of RAW was correct that Pak acquired the ability only in 1990 and not before that. What Pak did was that after they had successfully tested this trigger device, they had assembled many nuke bombs but never tested a complete device however one such device was tested in china by Pakistan in 1992. After that in 1998, the device they tried to explode3 failed. So they requested china and got a device only for satisfying the Pak public. pak had been enriching uranium but the device they exploded was Plutonium device which chinese have.
The so called other smaller devices were nothing but conventional explosives which were used to give an impression of a sub kiloton device like North Korea.
Oh sir ji your Reply approach is very different
would you tell me who told you all thi

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistan failed to win the last war which was but a small war. With les than 15 days of fuel left, your PL had to run to the US and ask Clinton to request India to end his misery.

Yeah we should have not listened to Clinton and gone ahead with a major war. We would use seen who stands where. Oh wait, Pakistan would not have stood.
while i heard that it was Pakistan too serious with using nukes

though because of India usa interfered

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
beside this as per Indian nuclear scientist pokhran 2 test failed

so until and unless India test nukes again for me Indian warhead design is still the French borrowed in 70's

Global Defence

New threads

Articles