Pakistan wouldnt stop shelling afghan militants

Pakistani Nationalist

:thumb:
ISLAMABAD:
Islamabad has made it clear to Washington and Kabul that shelling on the Afghanistan-based militants from Pakistan would continue in the future, as it was necessary to counter terrorists who have been consistently attacking Pakistan's security forces over the past weeks, Ambassador Mohammad Sadiq told The Express Tribune.

Pakistan took this position at a Core Group Meeting with US special envoy Marc Grossman and Afghan Deputy Foreign Minister Javed Ludin in Kabul on Tuesday.

Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir explained during the meeting that the bombardment was not directed at Afghan civilians.

A similar meeting between the US, Afghan and Pakistan security officials also took place at the Army Headquarters in Peshawar the same day, highly placed sources told The Express Tribune.

The officials were to discuss cross border strikes by Afghan militants and Pakistan's retaliation operations.

Shelling by Pakistan on Afghan militants during the week has so far claimed several civilian lives besides a large number of miscreants who crossed over to Pakistan to attack its security forces.

Ambassador Sadiq was summoned by the Afghan ministry of foreign affairs last week to receive a demarche over the shelling which, according to the Afghan media, led to the deaths of several civilians, forcing others to flee their houses in Kunar and adjoining areas.

The recent shelling on Afghan villages by Pakistan's security forces was not an intentional act on the part of its forces, Sadiq told the Afghan foreign minister.

"Several hundred civilians and security personnel were killed by Afghan militants who crossed over into Dir and Bajaur during the last few weeks, Sadiq said, adding "the armed lashkars from across the border targeted Pakistan's security forces six times during the last three months".

US-Taliban contacts

Ambassador Sadiq confirmed that Washington was in contact with the Taliban for reconciliation. However, he said that at present there was no discussion between the US and Afghan Taliban on reconciliation and transition.

"Washington was in contact with former Taliban spokesman Syed Agha," he said, adding that they had held three meetings in the past in Qatar, Kandahar and Germany.

Contact with Syed Agha was arranged by Germany which is pleading for a negotiated settlement of the Afghan crisis. "We have learnt that both sides have exchanged terms and conditions for the talks," Sadiq explained.

Regarding reports of talks between the UK and the Afghan Taliban, Sadiq said there were no such negotiations between the two parties.

Core group talks: No let-up in shelling militants, says Pakistan – The Express Tribune

JayATL

too damn funny- they did not care about their ISI supported terrorists killing in Afghanistan but now that the tables are reversed are protesting/pleading for afghans and US to help. No worries- afghans, as I said, have replied through their " non state actors" based in Pakistan. :D ---- how many were killed in today in Pakistan today?

Pakistani Nationalist

too damn funny- they did not care about their ISI supported terrorists killing in Afghanistan but now that the tables are reversed are protesting/pleading for afghans and US to help. No worries- afghans, as I said, have replied through their " non state actors" based in Pakistan. :D ---- how many were killed in today in Pakistan today?

Ur a pathetic ......... thts all i can say abt a ///// like urself........

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Why? Tell me something PN, do you believe that Pakistan is a victim of it's "neighbors" like India and Afghanistan or is Pakistan cause of it's own troubles with it's neighbors?
Who do you think started the India-Pak wars in 1948, 1965, 1971 and 1999 (kargill).
Why do you think Kashmir is a problem?
Is Kashmir comparable to Baluchistan in terms of history?
Is Indian Kashmir and PoK ("Azad Kashmir") comparable in terms of development, economy etc.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Why? Tell me something PN, do you believe that Pakistan is a victim of it's "neighbors" like India and Afghanistan or is Pakistan cause of it's own troubles with it's neighbors?
He does. Every ill in Pakistan according to him is due to "Evil Indian Hindoos" and Israel's Jews combined with USA and NATO, while Pakistan has been the perfect country before these countries "invaded" Pakistani.

Who do you think started the India-Pak wars in 1948, 1965, 1971 and 1999 (kargill).
Of course terrorist India did, according to Pakistanis.

Why do you think Kashmir is a problem?
Because it is a Muslim "country" "struggling against evil Hindoos". :lol:

Is Kashmir comparable to Baluchistan in terms of history?
Kashmiris are fair, tall and handsome Muslims, not dark skinny Indians. So they are not Indians :lol:

Is Indian Kashmir and PoK ("Azad Kashmir") comparable in terms of development, economy etc.
As per him, development is not as important as turning the state into a Taliban puppet.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Look who's talking about being pathetic. First control what you have. How many have snuffed it since the "civil war" in Karachi started? The last time I checked (yesterday), it was 42 in 3 days. And Karachi is supposed to be your financial capital. :pound:

JayATL

what! I'm so saddened by yet another one line comment from you ;). Why would you be so negative about " non state afghan freedom fighters actors" ? you have mumbai 2008 x 100 times because of your ISI and military insistence on good taliban / bad taliban.

Pakistani Nationalist

Thread taken over by troll!

@tshering... i heard sikkim was occupied by india using force... good for u.... Troll harder man.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Pakistan needs to be erased from the world map.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles