Pakistan wants to join Nuclear Suppliers Group

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Lol..Realistically what can India do ? Tell me honestly. The best we can do is NOT talk to them.Other than that unless US thinks so, nothing can be done on this.
Really? Get me to Foreign Minister position in a civilized government. Only then I will have the resources, plans and ideas around me as to what step to take. Let me suggest a few with what limited stuff I know:

- Increased strategic cooperation level with Iran (not enough to threaten Israel but enough to mutually benefit us)
- talks of recognition of Falkland Islands as Argentinean territory.
- Jump-start the Surya ICBM testing (starting 12,000 KM range).
- Get tighter with Russians and French in terms of scoring big geopolitical points--- there are more than one ways in MOFA.

I am sure when in MEA people like you and me will have more ideas and resources to get the better of what the "world community" thinks.

As for Pakistan:

- STOP ALL TRADE with Pakistan.
- Ban ALL ACCESS to Indian markets for Pakistani businessmen: half their stuff is running due to our grace.
- SEVERE ALL communication at civilian level and stop all this bullshit talks of "peace".

War isn't always guns and men; it is economical as well that can destroy a country like that.

Well we made the noises, but again the Chinis successfully argued that the deal was grand-fathered and hence no body could stop it.
We simply think that Chinese are too smart in geo-politics; whereas the reality is that they're just doing normal stuff for themselves... it is just that we have @$$h**e$ in our government. If we were what democracy Turkey or even Israel have, we'd be the thing they'd be worried about rather than the current reality.

I hope you know why the deal with US in in limbo and I fully support that. We cannot allow a repeat of Bhopal disaster in India again.
I totally agree. Even I am against giving that no-liability bill to US companies. The last time something like that happened, we had poison gas spread everywhere in Bhopal. This time it is hardcore radioactive substance. We need to look for more eager partners in nuclear technology till then--- like South Koreans. They'd be more than happy to get our contract. While US might be their master, even US cannot say anything since we've been cleared for most other aspects of deal and like with France and Russia, we can easily strike a deal with the Koreans. They've recently won a big contract with UAE. We can wait for the US-Japan stuck up while we simultaneously create alternates. Not to mention speed up that thorium reactor research and get it started in at least 10 different spots in the country.

I have no love lost for UPA, but lets be honest.
Couldn't agree more. UPA is the source of all problem

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles