Pakistan wants China to build naval base

sandeepdg

Good move by Pakistan and a benefit to India 3 ways:

1)It will guarantee USA stays in Afghanistan and possibly builds up afghanistan against pakistan.
2)USA will need better relations with India more than ever especially with Iranian chabahar port and Indian ports becoming more vital to neutralize the Chinese.
3)Baluchistan liberation may become a reality with Western nation support

this is also possibly positive for Iran if it take pressure of their nuclear program and improve relations with the west??
Actually, LF, I see it the other way round, there's a possibility than Iranians also tie up with the Chinese for some help or other in their military infrastructure, they already have good ties with China and the Chinese have made quite some investment in the energy sector in Iran and Iran isn't exactly friendly with India as such, though they hate the Pakistanis more, but they have no issues with the Chinese, and they can also invite them for use of their naval facilities by the Chinese. So, it can be a nightmare for the West, twin Chinese naval presence in Iran and Pakistan !

Rage

DFI TEAM
In the event of war IN can blockade both karachi and Gwadar don't worry. There are lot of ports around the vicinity which are lot more busier than Gwadar.
Its never about what the IN can or cannot do. It's about deteriorating the enemy, and making our job easier.

Lots of ports are obviously busier around Gwadar, because it hasn't been fully built yet, is not properly managed and is not connected by either road or rail to any city of consequence.

Once it is built, If it is built, it will have an unmatched location rivaled only by Chabahar, Ras al Khaymahr and Bandar-Abbas.

badguy2000

Respected Member
USA will not let this happen. They will send Pakistan back to the stone age before this happens .
USA is not as almighty as you think...
in fact, USA didn't want General Motors and Lehman Brothers to bankrupt...but both did bankrupted.
USA didn't want to retreat from Vietnam,either....but it was indeed asskicked out of Vietnam.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Actually, LF, I see it the other way round, there's a possibility than Iranians also tie up with the Chinese for some help or other in their military infrastructure, they already have good ties with China and the Chinese have made quite some investment in the energy sector in Iran and Iran isn't exactly friendly with India as such, though they hate the Pakistanis more, but they have no issues with the Chinese, and they can also invite them for use of their naval facilities by the Chinese. So, it can be a nightmare for the West, twin Chinese naval presence in Iran and Pakistan !
well, military expansion is quite low costperformance to CHina......

To CHina today, the most costperformance expansion is economic expansion.
With 3 trillions USD forex as sticks and high costperformance industry products,CHina can easily get what she wants ---raw resource....

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
hope Chines worker get insurance and they have to wear this
24X7 as terrorist try to blow them any time any place in Pakistan.

Best of luck China if you take Pakistani offer.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
The news says Pakistan wants china to build a nava base, it didn't say it wants china to mann or even take control of that nava base. Further more I've not seen a word over this from the chinese media. If I were indian I would hardly get sleepless nights because of the news.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
The news says Pakistan wants china to build a nava base, it didn't say it wants china to mann or even take control of that nava base. Further more I've not seen a word over this from the chinese media. If I were indian I would hardly get sleepless nights because of the news.
Dont worry mate, no Indian never gets sleepless nights due to such news. Now it has become casual news for us. No one here fears the rising strength of our neighbors.

joe81

The Chineese are supporting our enemies and are using them as pawns to counter India. It is high time tha we also declare Tibet and Taiwan as Independent states and also declare for Taiwan and Tibet an arms package. This will bring the Chineese to the negotiating table.

satish007

Aap Kaisey Ho?
I am newbie. work for a global company , I have a lot of Indian friends.
Indian and China should be friends. Joe81' idea is not new. Gov. India and China had deal of Sikkim & Tibet ,Taiwan.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
The Chineese are supporting our enemies and are using them as pawns to counter India. It is high time tha we also declare Tibet and Taiwan as Independent states and also declare for Taiwan and Tibet an arms package. This will bring the Chineese to the negotiating table.
well, why not try it? just do it,then talk, ok?

Yan Luo Wang

Good, do it then.

These two points might make it a little tricky though:

-The Taiwanese government itself (KMT), does not consider Taiwan to be an independent country. They follow the "One-China" policy.
- The Tibetan government in exile, does not consider Tibet to be an independent country. The Dalai Lama says that he wants more autonomy, not independence.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Aap Kaisey Ho?
I am newbie. work for a global company , I have a lot of Indian friends.
Indian and China should be friends. Joe81' idea is not new. Gov. India and China had deal of Sikkim & Tibet ,Taiwan.
Apparently, they don't know it. They just like to take everything for granted.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Pakistan has trained Terrorists and used against us but now they are fighting against Pakistan, in the same manner China is supporting Pakistan who will later bite China itself as Chinese are not following Islam and are Infidels.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
What a stupid nation ! Look at this news 2 days back
Taking charge: China ready to operate Gwadar port
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
:pound: Now it seems their begging bowl was rejected !

China says it is unaware of Pakistan naval port proposal

BEIJING May 24 (Reuters) - China said on Tuesday that it had not heard of Pakistan's proposal for China to help it build a naval port at the deep water port of Gwadar.

"Regarding that specific cooperative project, I have not heard of it," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu told a regular news briefing in Beijing. :pound:

"It's my understanding that during the visit last week this issue was not touched upon," she said.

She was referring to Pakistani Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani's visit to Beijing last week. (Reporting by Michael Martina; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)

Last edited:

Sikh_warrior

Professional
China says it is unaware of Gwadar port proposal

BEIJING: China said on Tuesday that it had not heard of Pakistan's proposal for China to help it build a naval port at the deep water port of Gwadar.

"Regarding that specific cooperative project, I have not heard of it," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu told a regular news briefing in Beijing.

"It's my understanding that during the visit last week this issue was not touched upon," she said.

She was referring to Pakistani Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani's visit to Beijing last week.

China says it is unaware of Gwadar port proposal | World | DAWN.COM

lets wait for clearifications from both side. OR misunderstandings!

Sikh_warrior

Professional
China rejects Pakistan's naval base request[/B

BEIJING: Apparently jolted by the Taliban attack on Pakistan's naval base, China on Tuesday indicated it would not invest funds on creating another naval base in that country.

Chinese foreign ministry said it had not seen any proposal to build a naval base in Pakistan. The statement amounts to a rejection of Pakistani defense minister Ahmad Mukhtar's claim that his government was pushing Beijing to build a naval base near the Gawdar port.

"China and Pakistan are friendly neighbors. Regarding the specific China-Pakistan cooperative project that you raised, I have not heard of it," Jiang Yu, Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman told a regular news conference in Beijing.

This is a reject of Mukhtar's claim that China had "acceded to Pakistan's request to take over operations" of the Gwadar port. "However, we shall be more grateful to the Chinese if they agree to build naval base at Gwadar," the Pakistani defense minister said last Saturday.

Jiang's statement is significant because it comes after the Taliban attack on a naval base in Pakistan, and the four-day China tour by the country's prime minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani.

"It's my understanding that during the visit last week this issue was not touched upon," Jiang said.

The Gwadar port was built in 2007 with Chinese assistance amounting to $200 million. Pakistan has since been asking Beijing to put more money for expanding the capabilities at the port.

Pakistan's purpose is to show the United States that it has an alternative source of funding if Washington cuts off aid. The strategy has been punctured by the statement by the Chinese foreign ministry, which has rejected funding both for port expansion and the naval base.

Jiang also indicated China's assistance program was mainly aimed at welfare of the people rather than military assistance.

"For a long time China has done its utmost to provide help to Pakistan and we hope this can help improve the livelihood of the Pakistani people and promote economic and social development, and we will continue doing this," she said.

China rejects Pakistan's naval base request - The Times of India

satish007

folks, China will not help Parkistan build navy port, it is just a port for business, oil,etc. The Malacca is so far for China , so expensive. and China navy is also having heavy duty to protect business ships, you know, lots of pirates, Countries don't like communistics force, hard to find fresh water, food, they also need a place to do so.btw, thanks Indian Navy for saving Chinese last time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles