Pakistan Upset After Called Most Dangerous Country in World

BangersAndMash

Liam Fox upsets Pakistan after calling it 'the most dangerous country in the world'

Liam Fox, the former Defence Secretary, has provoked a diplomatic spat with Islamabad after describing Pakistan as "the most dangerous country in the world" and one of the gravest threats facing humankind.

The claim provoked a furious response from Islamabad's man in London, who accused Dr Fox of "bias" and being blind to the deaths of tens of thousands of Pakistanis at the hands of terrorists.

The angry words are a reminder of suspicions that Pakistan continues to harbour terrorists and is unable to protect its nuclear weapons, even as it soaks up billions of dollars in Western aid each year.

In a brief extract from his new book, Rising Tides: Facing The Challenges Of A New Era, Dr Fox said he had twice visited Pakistan and had no personal animosity to the country.

"On balance, however, I think it is probably the most dangerous country in the world," he wrote.
The reason, he continued, was its inherent political instability.

"The Pakistan authorities are widely suspected of knowing that Osama bin Laden was hiding in Pakistan before the CIA discovered and killed him. Chronically unstable, Pakistan has nuclear weapons, a major concern in the region. Its generals are even accused of selling nuclear secrets to North Korea," he wrote.

Dr Fox resigned from the government two years ago after a string of newspaper stories about his close relationship with Adam Werrity, a close friend who worked as a lobbyist.

Pakistani leaders will wonder whether his views reflect those of David Cameron, the prime minister, who sparked a full-scale diplomatic row during a visit to India in 2010 by accusing Islamabad of promoting the export terrorism.

Wajid Shamsul Hasan, Pakistan's High Commissioner to London, described Dr Fox's claims as "overly alarmist". He pointed out that the British government had repeatedly praised Pakistan for successful elections this year.

He said it was unfair to accuse a country of promoting extremism when so many Pakistanis had been victims of terrorists.
"His regretfully myopic vision is blind to the enormous sufferings in terms of human and economic losses in Pakistan's pursuit for global peace," he said. "He is contemptuously oblivious of the fact that so far over 35,000 Pakistanis have lost their lives and the country incurred a loss of about $70 billion to the economy."

Liam Fox upsets Pakistan after calling it 'the most dangerous country in the world' - Telegraph

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing new, we all know Pakistan is a curse to the world and uses terrorists and terrorism as a tool and is state policy. Pakistan's usual excuses are a bloody joke, if you are one of the worst victims of terrorism (as pakis claim and cry and about), STOP being two faced, STOP your double game, STOP playing good terrorist, bad terrorist and clean up your f**king house if you are sincere (and pigs will fly).

dhananjay1

But they are not upset when there is a bomb blast every other day.

bennedose

I mean tell me this - if you live in a country where 35,000 people have been killed in terrorist acts, what would make you imagine that you live in a safe country?

BangersAndMash

Pakistan considers their good terrorists to be strategic assets!

Pakistan has terrorist training camps operating on their soil, funded and supported by the terrorist pakistani state!

And Pakistan cries it is a victim of terrorism! :tsk: :crazy:

naseem

I mean tell me this - if you live in a country where 35,000 people have been killed in terrorist acts, what would make you imagine that you live in a safe country?
Normal life guzarnai mai kiya hai zindagi mai thora maza thora action hona chahiyai

naseem

Pakistan considers their good terrorists to be strategic assets!

Pakistan has terrorist training camps operating on their soil, funded and supported by the terrorist pakistani state!

And Pakistan cries it is a victim of terrorism! :tsk: :crazy:
World biggest terrorist is usa who is now supporting al qaeda in syria

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
World biggest terrorist is usa who is now supporting al qaeda in syria
no for me worlds biggest terrorist is pakistan and then usa.

I am glad R&AW is doing very good work in pakistan.you know karachi burning sindhudesh movement,bla,baluchis killing punjabis.

pakistan will soon be a tiny country like sl with baluchistan,sindhudesh and india as it's neighbor :lol:

naseem

no for me worlds biggest terrorist is pakistan and then usa.

I am glad R&AW is doing very good work in pakistan.you know karachi burning sindhudesh movement,bla,baluchis killing punjabis.

pakistan will soon be a tiny country like sl with baluchistan,sindhudesh and india as it's neighbor :lol:
It will never happen

naseem

How can you be so sure ? please elaborate....
Pakistani nation has seen more worst days than today from the day of its creation we have seen many timelines that pakistan will break and rejoin india but nothing happened

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Why would a whore take offence when some one calls them whore?. Same with Pakistan. It is a most dangerous country where a bomb-blast a day and targeted killings are the daily feature. Do';t understand why it is upset.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
About 50,000 +

Bilal

Actually Karachi has been named the most dangerous in the world,i have lived there had three attempts on my life ;)

bennedose

There are some people in Pakistan - primarily the very wealthy and the army who can afford to live with armed guards or in well protected enclaves for whom Pakistan is a great place to live. The people we see on the internet and in the news, in pictures in the Dawn or the Friday times or on Geo TV are these beautiful, rich Pakistanis who make believe that Pakistan consists of people like them and that they are perfectly happy and safe and can attend rock concerts and plays like "Vagina monologues" indicating that Pakistan is a gentle. free and liberal country that is just being given a bad name by people who are jealous of Pakistan.

The really wealthy people in Pakistan and their extended families constitute less than 1% of Pakistanis. If I liberally accept a figure of 1% then 1.8 million Pakistanis belong to wealthy families and 178 million are outslde. beyond this, if we take the total number of cars and vehicles in Pakistan as indicative of a middle class who have access to vehicles - the number for 2011 is about 15 million vehicles. This gives a figure of about 165 million Pakistanis who fall outside this group.

What can we guess about 165 million Pakistanis who do not own vehicles or are not extremely wealthy?
1. They are below lower middle class or poor
2. Most probably they do not speak or read English
3. Illiteracy among this group will be reflected in the national literacy figures of Pakistan - that means 70% females are illiterate and probably 50% of males are illiterate
4. About 40% (that is 65 million) out of 165 million are children

It is these people who are suffering the most deaths from terrorism. You can be sure that terrorist leaders like Kiyani and Hafiz Saeed are wealthy, own cars and speak or understand English. It is these latter English speaking people who speak to foreign media and say that Pakistan is a safe and happy place. Pakistanis who try to tell the truth about Pakistan are either killed or have death threats. Saleem Shezad was killed. Asma Jehangirs life is under threat. And that man ho appears of Geo (I forget his name) who is brutally honest about Pakistan has once been bashed up by people - at which time he even had a hart attack. There is YouTube clip of him saying that somewhere

Pakstan is a country that is being run by several different groups - none of them has complete powr. All of them have some power. The army has maximum power, but it still cannot control Baluchistan, Karachi and the frontier areas. the army shares power with teh Jamaat ud Dawa. The Jamat ud Dawa supports the army, but has less power then the army. The army retains military power, but JuD has street power. Other minor lords and the Taliban control various parts of Pakistan including karachi

I am sure many of you know this but for those who don;t, let me explain:

"Monarchy" means mono (one) + "arch" (over/lord) = king power
"Oligarchy" means "oligos" (few) + archy = power of a few
'Anarchy" means "An" (not/none) + archy power = no single controlling power
Pakistan falls between oligarchy and anarchy.

Pakjab and Sindh have oligarchy. Karachi has anarchy. Parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa have anarchy. Rich and educated Pakistanis on teh internt and in the west get angry at this sort of stuff, but like someone said "The truth will set you free, but it will first piss you off"

Long ago I gave a name to the rich English speaking Pakistani. I called them

Rich Anglophone(one who speaks English) Pakistani Elite - or R.A.P.E. for short

Last edited:

vram

Country flag
Pakistani nation has seen more worst days than today from the day of its creation we have seen many timelines that pakistan will break and rejoin india but nothing happened
ROLF!The day Pakistan re-joins India will be the day when I give up my Indian Citizenship and become the Citizen of Zimbabwe

Global Defence

New threads

Articles