Pakistan troops along LoC put on high alert

SHASH2K2

Pakistan troops along LoC put on high alert

NEW DELHI: An embattled Pakistan Army has put its troops along the Line of Control (LoC) on a high state of alert as it scrambles to emerge from the embarrassment of having been caught unawares by the US troops, who raided the cantonment town of Abbottabad to take out Osama bin Laden.

According to authoritative sources, all units of Pakistani Army along the entire 740-kilometer LoC and the 110-km Actual Ground Position Line in Siachen were on Friday put on a "higher state of alert". Accordingly, "active deployment" has been beefed up along forward posts, said a senior official of Indian Army.

The officer said Indian Army has been careful not to respond to the high state of alert by Pakistan and "would not respond to it." Traditionally, the two sides are used to tit-for-tat responses to military actions.

Pakistan Army's move came a day after its corps commanders met with Army chief General Pervez Kayani to warn India against any misadventure. The statement was meant to be retaliation for remarks of Indian Army and Air Force chiefs that India has the capability to carry out an operation like the one executed by the US Seals in Pakistan.

The Pakistan Army top brass said in a statement on Thursday, "The forum, taking serious note of the assertions made by Indian military leadership about conducting similar operations, made it very clear that any misadventure of this kind will be responded to very strongly. There should be no doubt about it."

According to Indian military sources, ever since the last Monday raid by US troops to kill Bin Laden, there has been panic, embarrassment and disbelief in the Pakistan military over the way US helicopters travelled through their airspace, carried out the Special Forces Operation in Abbottabad, and went away with bin Laden's body All the way through, the Pakistani air defence did not pick up any signals of the 'intrusion'. Worse, the first Pakistani fighters were scrambled almost a full hour after the American helicopters entered the Pakistan aerospace, shows Indian assessment.

Indian security establishment has been getting a stream of inputs showing the state of confusion and disbelief in the military. One senior officer pointed out that Pakistan Army's decision to put its units on high alert is reflective of the frustration of the strategic vulnerability exposed by the US operation. Khan Research Laboratories at Kahuta, the nerve centre of Pakistan's nuclear programme, isn't very far from Abbottabad, meaning even strategic assets of Pakistan suffer from similar vulnerability, sources point out.

As more clarity emerge about the US operations, Indian military sources are now beginning to suspect that Americans may have deployed electronic counter-measures to jam Pakistan's radars from picking up the movement of the helicopters to Abbottabad and back, thus mocking normalcy. There are contradictory reports emerging from within Pakistan about what really happened to the radar network. While its foreign secretary hinted at the possibility of radars being jammed, the air force maintains that its radars were inactive on the particular day.

Oracle

Good idea. Bleed them economically! Not a single bullet fired, and much to gain!

SHASH2K2

We should also give them response in same manner. lets get our troops stationed on border for a month. With USA rethinking about alms and gulf countries also not forthcoming in support pakistan will be broke in a month or so.We will destroy without firing even a single bullet.

pmaitra

Why is Pakistan doing this?
  • We have seen the post-OBL-raid reactions from multiple quarters of Pakistan. now Pakistan needs a bogey to keep it from going the Libya way.
  • Pakistan needs to divert the attention of the radicals, jihadis, as well as liberals, who have all trained their guns at the Pakistani government as well as, perhaps for the first time, the military.
  • Pakistan needs to show the world how 'threatened' they are from the east.

Some of the stern measures we can take against Pakistan:
  • Setup a naval blockade. Cut off all fuel and food supplies. Let them starve to death.
  • Send more troops to the border as well as the LOC.
  • Establish a no fly zone over the coastline so that their planes have to take a larger route to access anything other than Central Asia.
  • Establish a no sail zone near Pakistan's port cities so that their vessels are grounded.
  • Shoot down a few of their reconnaissance planes and sink a couple of their coast guard vessels for not being subservient to the naval blockade and no-fly zone.
  • This summer. Yay! Shut down all the water supplies and throw the Indus-Water Treaty outta the window.
  • Simply starve them. Let their fuel run out.

If the Pakistanis threaten to nuke India, after all that is the only thing they can do, then show this to them. -> :thumb:

Tronic

Why should India do anything? India making a move right now would be the stupidest thing possible. India should rather make the Pakistani military look even more stupid by not doing a thing! Infact, If I were the Indian leadership, I would even announce pulling back some of the troops from the borders (small token movements along Rajasthan and Punjab, its the PR which counts).

Country flag
This is all drama to take some of the heat of them an to play the victim card. Also if it looks like they are threatened it increases their chances of getting aid or more aid with the worldwide tour they are on with the begging bowl. Best thing to do is just ignore them and let them continue making fools of themselves. What general goes to other countries and proudly says his soldiers are incompetent??? Only Musharraf and Pakistan.

ganesh177

Country flag
I dont agree that india shud do anything on border. This will give them chance to cover up there embarassment world wide and also that will unify the pakistan which at the moment is shattered. Remember, india is the only card which will unify pakistan and sort out all there differences. I say dont do and say anything publicly, and keep the covert operation rolling on, rather increase it multiple folds. This is high time RAW shud increase there presence and activities in the troubled parts of pakistan like balochistan. Diplomats should visit other prominent nations and convince them and isolate pakistan further as they are found pants down with OBL. this actually wud be the death by thousands cut to pakistan, giving them the taste of there own medicine.

Country flag
These incompetent idiots as Musharraf refers to them did not fight in the war on terror to clean the extremists and want to start another war to lose for a fifth time.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Hehehehe, something that we discussed before that pak will use India to ratchet up support for its sullied image. India has not done anything to warrant the high alert. All this is actually aimed at the US to show we are now moving towards the eastern border and no more WoT. They want their arses whipped by the US I guess.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
PM, this is the first time I see you post in a burst of emotion I think.

USN battle group is right there to ensure supplies. How will india enforce a blockade?

India has to publicly laugh it off saying it's for Pakistans domestic consumption. Privately though be on an alert. Never know what there idiots could do.

I am waiting for a dumb move from them to piss the US which would then invite B2 strikes and the beginning of the end of Pakistan.

pmaitra

PM, this is the first time I see you post in a burst of emotion I think.

USN battle group is right there to ensure supplies. How will india enforce a blockade?

India has to publicly laugh it off saying it's for Pakistans domestic consumption. Privately though be on an alert. Never know what there idiots could do.

I am waiting for a dumb move from them to piss the US which would then invite B2 strikes and the beginning of the end of Pakistan.
You're right Yusuf.

I had a look at what other members commented, and I totally agree, it is better not to do anything whatsoever that will give Pakistan a casus belli.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You're right Yusuf.

I had a look at what other members commented, and I totally agree, it is better not to do anything whatsoever that will give Pakistan a casus belli.
Lol, you look really pissed with them. As off course the rest of the world. I had a peek in a global forum where one from across the border was trying to defend his country with all gusto. Concoction of facts is an art they have mastered and denial as well.
The guy was denying BD genocide as fabrication by India!!!

pmaitra

Lol, you look really pissed with them. As off course the rest of the world. I had a peek in a global forum where one from across the border was trying to defend his country with all gusto. Concoction of facts is an art they have mastered and denial as well.
Yeah, this is an art that the Pakistanis have perfected over decades. Genocide of East Pakistan apart, I have heard stories of how Mujibur Rehman was about to be executed, I have closely followed all the events that led to the brutal murder of Najibullah followed by that of Ahmad Shah Masood and Akbar Bugti. Other than that, I have lived in Mumbai through the serial train bomb blasts (my personal and up-close experience because I used to live on the Western Line), seen the Parliament attacks and then 26/11.

Times are not quite perfect right now. If only we could get Iran and US from squabbling, a join Indo-Afghan-Persian army could simply crush this menace once and for all, because there exists no neighbour of Pakistan that is not troubled by it. We gotta watch out. PRC and Pakistan have already joined hands. Now we have a new headache called Nepal and Indians aren't particularly treated well there. Anyway, this is OT.

Said all that, yes, I was indeed emotional in my earlier response and right now, India should simply sit back and watch.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We don't have to close any tap to barren Pakistan. All we need is that concrete evidence cone out that yes PA/ ISI at the highest level connived with OBL and continue to fund and support AQ and Taliban. The rest will be done by the US. There will be no further questions asked. No more you are with us or them.

prahladh

Respected Member
I Hope they have turned on the radars this time. Ha ha ha.

Illusive

Country flag
Fools are on the wrong side of the border, B2 spirit would be coming from the west not east. US has intentions of more such attacks, but why bother, PA has told that its India centric. Such obsession with India, such fear of India.

Param

Forget about BD genocide yesterday in youtube I came across two idiots from across the border who even denied defeat in 1971.They started talking about about some UN resolution and that they obliged & granted BD independence.They are more than denialists. These people are like that that boiling frog that does not realise that it is being slowly boiled alive.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles