pakistan to get new F-16 in 2010

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Why should somebody be surprised when US gives all the advanced weapons to Pakistan?? Pakistan has been regarded as an ally by the US for decades. So Pakistan does not have much to worry about.

Pakistan is an ally of both US and China, That's why in the 1970's Pakistan acted as a middleman to bring US and China together, and fended off Soviet Union and India.
Do you keep paying a middleman for life when you buy a house or strike any deal? That transaction has been completed and the fee paid for!

Pakistan is an ally to USA, the most unreliable ally. One just has to look at their support to Taliban killing their soldiers in Afghanistan and how every death of USA soldiers is cheered on their forums.

DaRk WaVe

India voices concern over US equipping Pakistan army

Press Trust Of India
Thiruvananthapuram, March 06, 2010
First Published: 15:58 IST(6/3/2010)
Last Updated: 16:22 IST(6/3/2010)

Government on Saturday expressed serious concern over the US equipping Pakistan army with modern weapons and asked Washington to ensure that they were not used against India.

"United States decision to provide sophisticated weapons (to Pakistan) is a matter of serious concern to India. The US should ensure that these weapons are not targeted against India," Defence Minister A K Antony told reporters here.

Noting that the issue had already been taken up with the US Defence Secretary during his visit to India recently, he said the American explanation that Pakistan army has to be strengthened to fight terrorist outfits like Al-Qaeda and Taliban in Afghanistan was not convincing to India.

Antony, who inaugurated a new building at the Coast Guard Station at Vizhinjam near here, said, "Our past experience is bitter" on this issue.

The Defence Minister said he told US Defence Secretary that even though they were providing equipment to fight terrorists, Pakistan army was deploying them on Jammu and Kashmir borders.

"This is a matter of concern to India and I hope that the US will take a serious note of this," Antony said.

He said while India preferred to carry on talks with Pakistan, Islamabad should take firm action to dismantle as many as 42 terrorist camps operating on its soil.

"Unless these terrorist camps are destroyed, it is a difficult situation. We want some action (by Pakistan) to dismantle these camps," he said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/rssfe...-equipping-Pakistan-army/Article1-515845.aspx

DaRk WaVe

Pakistan is an ally to USA, the most unreliable ally. One just has to look at their support to Taliban killing their soldiers in Afghanistan and how every death of USA soldiers is cheered on their forums.
I am not going to deny this line every death of USA soldiers is cheered, but you need to understand that stupids are every where Americans have succeeded in Mrajah & they WILL succeed in coming Operation for Kandhar, The thing that matters is that Policy makers in GoP know they have to eliminate Taliban(or atleast do it for the time being) & they are doing it ( No conspiracy theories please)

& by the way lets keep this 'their forum & our forum' thing aside, I hope you won't mind, Thanks

Last edited:

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I am not going to deny this line every death of USA soldiers is cheered, but you need to understand that stupids are every where, The thing that matters is that Policy makers in GoP know they have to eliminate Taliban(or atleast do it for the time being) & they are doing it ( No conspiracy theories please)
I am not convinced but I would wait for more facts to emerge.

& by the way lets keep this 'their forum & out forum' thing aside, I hope you won't mind, Thanks
Its not about comparison of forums! Just a reflection of popular Pakistani opinion. That opinion is one of the most anti-American in the world and it has been manipulated that way.

It is mostly like a contract marriage, a marriage of convenience with little in terms of shared values. More about some short term interests while both parties warily watch each other. ;)

DaRk WaVe

I am not convinced but I would wait for more facts to emerge.
sure but still ......

US welcomes Bajaur success, rejects conspiracy theories on Pakistani anti-militant drive

WASHINGTON, March 3 (APP): The United States welcomed Pakistan’s success in wresting control of a strategic militant redoubt in Bajaur tribal area which al-Qaeda- linked militants used as a hub for activities across the Afghan border.“I don’t know the details, but I’m delighted they feel they’re making progress....the fact that they feel they’ve succeeded there is a very positive development,” Richard Holbrooke, Special Representative for Pakistan and Afghanisan said Tuesday upon his return from a visit to South and Central Asian countries.

He spoke hours after a senior Pakistani commander said in Damadola village of Bajaur tribal region on the Afghan border that the Pakistan security forces had seized the infrastructure including a network of caves the militants used for their activities.

Ambassador Holbrooke also hailed Pakistan’s recent arrests of some top Afghan Taliban leaders and rejected “conspiracy theories” and media speculation about motives behind Islamabad’s stepped up anti-militancy drive, which coincides coalition forces’s operation in Marjah in Afghanistan.

“I see no evidence to support that theory. But it’s out there.
Conspiracy theories are stock-in-trade in not just in this part of the world. But I don’t see any evidence for it,” he answered when asked about to comment on a news story speculating that Pakistani captures of Afghan militants were meant to harm the reintegration process underway in Afghanistan or perhaps Pakistan wanted to show its influence over militants.

“And I know somewhat more than I’m at liberty to disclose about the circumstances under which these events took place, and every detail tends to work against that thesis,” Holbrooke stated emphatically.
He elaborated that anti-militant efforts are “work in progress” and particularly noted the fact that Islamabad is continuing its operations in the face of some pressing economic, water and energy problems.
“This is a very important sequence of events, and we hope it will continue. I don’t want to draw any strategic conclusions from it. I just want to express my appreciation to the Pakistani Government and its army for what it’s doing,” he said referring to a series of actions against Taliban in Swat, South Waziristan, elimination of Pakistani Taliban leaders and capture of Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Baradar.

“They’re doing these things in the face of enormous, overwhelming economic problems. They’re doing it in the face of water and energy problems, which are getting more and more of our attention. We, in turn, are trying to increase our support for the Pakistanis.”
Ambassador Holbrooke also cited improvement in US-Pakistan relations over the last year as a result of high-level American engagement with the Pakistani leadership.

“Well, this is a work in progress. This Administration took office just over 13 months ago. I have said before and I’ll say it again today that U.S. relations with the Government of Pakistan, civilian and military side, are much better today than they were 13 months ago,” he said referring to visits by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Defense Secretary Robert Gates, National Security Adviser James Jones, Senator Kerry and other American leaders.

“So there’s a cumulative effect, in my view, of this effort.
And to me, the turning point trip was Secretary Clinton’s at the end of October--- she did a very public series of meetings and a very intense private series of meetings. She answered every question, no matter how hostile they were, and won over a lot of people. And this came right on the heels of the misunderstanding over the Kerry-Lugar-Berman legislation, which was an unfortunate misunderstanding, in my view. So this process has produced a gradual improvement in cooperation.”

Holbrooke said a water resources task force has been set up at the State Department and the US is working on ways to help Pakistan grapple with water issues.
Its not about comparison of forums! Just a reflection of popular Pakistani opinion. That opinion is one of the most anti-American in the world and it has been manipulated that way.

It is mostly like a contract marriage, a marriage of convenience with little in terms of shared values. More about some short term interests while both parties warily watch each other. ;)
It is no way manipulated by GoP, we all know on record GoP will condemn the Drone strikes but we all know drone strikes are
beneficial, Just because some individuals are using this 'manipulation' for their politics & fame (They are failing miserably in it) does on means GoP has that policy of manipulating anti American sentiment

Thanks

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
sure but still ......
I would say that I hope you are right in what you seem to believe.

That would mean that we are on the same side as far as the wanting destruction of the medieval Taliban is considered.

The only difference is I am not fully convinced about the change in heart. Only sustained actions over a long period will convince me and most people out there.

It is no way manipulated by GoP, we all know on record GoP will condemn the Drone strikes but we all know drone strikes are beneficial, Just because some individuals are using this 'manipulation' for their politics & fame (They are failing miserably in it) does on means GoP has that policy of manipulating anti American sentiment
I didn't mean the GOP as in the Zardari government.

DaRk WaVe

I would say that I hope you are right in what you seem to believe.

That would mean that we are on the same side as far as the wanting destruction of the medieval Taliban is considered.

The only difference is I am not fully convinced about the change in heart. Only sustained actions over a long period will convince me and most people out there.
Another addition to the list :)

though there are conflicting reports, Pak official said he's captured & US is saying that they haven't been able to confirm it(may be they don't want to talk about it)

Officers: Pakistan arrests American-born al-Qaida

KARACHI, Pakistan – The American-born spokesman for al-Qaida has been arrested by Pakistani intelligence officers in the southern city of Karachi, two officers and a government official said Sunday, the same day Adam Gadahn appeared in a video urging U.S. Muslims to attack their own country.

The arrest of Gadahn is a major victory in the U.S.-led battle against al-Qaida and will be taken as a sign that Pakistan is cooperating more fully with Washington. It follows the recent detentions of several Afghan Taliban commanders in Karachi.

Gadahn — who has often appeared in al-Qaida videos — was arrested in the sprawling southern metropolis in recent days, two officers who took part in the operation said. A senior government official also confirmed the arrest.

They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information.

Gadahn grew up on a goat farm in Riverside County, California, and converted to Islam at a mosque in nearby Orange County.

He moved to Pakistan in 1998, according to the FBI, and is said to have attended an al-Qaida training camp six years later, serving as a translator and consultant for the group. He has been wanted by the FBI since 2004, and there is a $1 million reward for information leading to his arrest or conviction.

The 31-year-old is known by various aliases including Yahya Majadin Adams and Azzam al-Amriki.

He has posted videos and messages calling for the destruction of the West and for strikes against targets in the United States. The most recent was posted Sunday, praising the U.S. Army major charged with killing 13 people in Fort Hood, Texas, as a role model for other Muslims.

A U.S. court charged Gadahn with treason in 2006, making him the first American to face such a charge in more than 50 years. He could face the death penalty if convicted. He was also charged with two counts of providing material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization.

Gadahn has appeared in more than half a dozen al-Qaida videos. The video released Sunday appeared to have been made after the end of the year, but it was unclear exactly when.

Dawud Walid, the executive director of the Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Southfield, Mich., condemned Gadahn's call for violence, calling it a "desperate" attempt by Al-Qaida's spokesman to provoke bloodshed within the U.S.

Walid, a Navy veteran, said Muslims have honorably served in the American military will be unimpressed by al-Qaida's message aimed at their ranks.

"We thoroughly repudiate and condemn his statement and what we believe are his failed attempts to incite loyal American Muslims in the miltary," he said.

Imad Hamad, the senior national adviser for the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, based in Dearbon, Mich., condemned al-Qaida's message and said it would have no impact on American Muslims.

"This a worthless rhetoric that is not going to have any effect on people's and minds and hearts," he said.

Al-Qaida has used Gadahn as its chief English-speaking spokesman, and he has called for the destruction of the West and for strikes against targets in the United States. In one video, he ceremoniously tore up his American passport. In another, he admitted his grandfather was Jewish, ridiculing him for his beliefs and calling for Palestinians to continue fighting Israel.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_pakistan_al_qaida_arrest

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
^^ Great. Let's hope Mullah Umar is next in line.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
New threats? And who is that? For the last 60 years, for the pakistanis it is only india which is a threat.
he may be referring to Afghanistan! ;)

That is the only new threat I can think of.

DaRk WaVe

he may be referring to Afghanistan! ;)

That is the only new threat I can think of.
so we will use AIM-120Cs & AIM-9s for Afghan Air Force, funny isn't it?

& BTW we don't have a tag

"Not For Use against India - Uncle Sam "

on these weapons ;)

Last edited:
Country flag
Since we are on the F-16 topic has USA placed any conditions on the F-16's being datalinked to the KJ-2000 AWACS??

DaRk WaVe

Since we are on the F-16 topic has USA placed any conditions on the F-16's being datalinked to the KJ-2000 AWACS??
Well i never heard of such 'conditions'

F-16s will be certainly data linked to SAAB Erieye (Excerises will be conducted in a week & AWACS is participating)

Country flag
Well i never heard of such 'conditions'

F-16s will be certainly data linked to SAAB Erieye (Excerises will be conducted in a week & AWACS is participating)
The pride and joy of Lockheed Martin datalinked to a Chinese AWAC,when all the chinese neighboring countries have F-16 ;and no conditions by Lockheed would seem unbelievable.

DaRk WaVe

The pride and joy of Lockheed Martin datalinked to a Chinese AWAC,when all the chinese neighboring countries have F-16 ;and no conditions by Lockheed would seem unbelievable.
may be there are some conditions, but i havent read & heard of any, may be you can post something about it

DaRk WaVe

US, Pakistan air forces conduct air refueling information exchange

Air Force News — By Air Force News Agency on March 10, 2010

Pilots and aircrews from the U.S. and Pakistan air forces participated in a joint aerial refueling information exchange as part of an on-going effort to enhance cooperation and develop the air refueling capabilities of both nations in early March at Pakistan air force base Chaklala.

Pilots and aircrews from the 22nd Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron arrived at PAFB Chaklala March 3 to conduct the information exchange with their Pakistan air force hosts.

Upon arrival, the Airmen invited PAF pilots and aircrews aboard their KC-135 Stratotanker aircraft to familiarize them with Air Force air refueling equipment and procedures.

U.S. Navy Vice Adm. Michael LeFever, the senior U.S. Defense Representative to Pakistan, hosted Pakistan Air Commodore Tahir Ranjha, the PAF air transportation director and Air Commodore Khalil Ahmed, the PAF Chaklala commander, aboard the KC-135 aircraft.

"Events like these promote understanding and enhance our military-to-military relationships while also boosting capability and expertise," Admiral LeFever said. "In addition, with the planned arrival of more F-16s to Pakistan later this year, developing PAF air refueling expertise is critical to increasing their airborne endurance" (confirms that we are getting KC-135)

Last edited:
Country flag
I have read that they will most likely be datalinked to air surveillance plances and surface ships I have not seen anything specifically mention F-16's, Chinese are secretive about this and not much news has come out in a long time they are hoping Pakistan can help finance them to develop the platform further but nothing new has been heard in awhile, and I have not heard any new Russian sale of IL-76'S to China so it still may be being developed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles