Pakistan to Get Four more F-22P Frigates

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
but there is now one called fm-90(N):thumb:
What do you expect a 1st gen Crotale clone to stop? It doesn't have a prayer of intercepting Brahmos or LGB equipped aircraft. PN AAW is so weak , your navy is little more than target practice.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
What do you expect a 1st gen Crotale clone to stop? It doesn't have a prayer of intercepting Brahmos or LGB equipped aircraft. PN AAW is so weak , your navy is little more than target practice.
there was a news that crotale can't hit even a helicopter those pak bought from france

i don't know why pak in the past bought french stuff..

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I don't know why Pak is buying Chinese clones of 30 year old obsolete French rust. Maybe b/c they are broke! :lol:
pakistan already has french origin crotale

officiall proposes to sold them to scrap but the cost of transport was more than what wil the scrap offer us

quality suck

Tronic

What may, can, will does not count until its official..
That's not how it works for Farhan. Everything is a may, can, will as far as he is concerned. Good example is the JF-17 thread where he is still gloating over a 2 year old Janes piece which had suggested that Egypt may procure and produce the JF-17. Farhan has literally been running along with that idea since, daydreaming about it, as if everything is full and final. He represents the Pakistani mindset, which is to live more in some dreamworld, than the reality of today.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
That's not how it works for Farhan. Everything is a may, can, will as far as he is concerned. Good example is the JF-17 thread where he is still gloating over a 2 year old Janes piece which had suggested that Egypt may procure and produce the JF-17. Farhan has literally been running along with that idea since, daydreaming about it, as if everything is full and final. He represents the Pakistani mindset, which is to live more in some dreamworld, than the reality of today.
this is not so and your wrong as well

keeping egypt to the other thread

modified f-22p is suppose to get a new SAM and this one can also be upgraded

Tronic

modified f-22p is suppose to get a new SAM and this one can also be upgraded
See? There you're at it again. "Suppose to do this, suppose to do that, this will happen, that will happen." Show me where Pakistan has ordered a new SAM for the F-22P in the upgrade!

This is what I got from the article about the upgraded F-22P:

According to a spokesman for Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works, the Pakistan navy recommended a large number of modifications for the follow on batch of frigates, and these modifications have been accepted by the Chinese designers.

A spokesman for CSTC was unable to say if the eight FM-90 SAMs (Crotale copy) would be replaced by a larger number of more capable missiles housed in a VLS however. The SAM armament of the current F-22P class frigates is a noted shortcoming of the design.
China and Turkey battle for sales in Pakistani arms fair | Defense News | defensenews.com
So where's the order for the new SAM system? Where are you pulling this from? Dream-weaving again?

I'm not saying that Pakistan cannot get a better SAM system for the ship, but you have to talk with facts if they have done so or not. You are speaking how you would like things to be, not how things are at the moment.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
pakistan already has french origin crotale

officiall proposes to sold them to scrap but the cost of transport was more than what wil the scrap offer us

quality suck
You still use 30 year old French planes and missiles, the quality can't suck that bad. :rofl:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
See? There you're at it again. "Suppose to do this, suppose to do that, this will happen, that will happen." Show me where Pakistan has ordered a new SAM for the F-22P in the upgrade!

This is what I got from the article about the upgraded F-22P:

So where's the order for the new SAM system? Where are you pulling this from? Dream-weaving again?

I'm not saying that Pakistan cannot get a better SAM system for the ship, but you have to talk with facts if they have done so or not. You are speaking how you would like things to be, not how things are at the moment.
lol

No but the plans of a modified f-22p as f-23p are old..and SAM was one major modification

Pakistan needs more F-22Ps, not Type 054A

the f-23p would be close to type54A

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles