Pakistan to be the biggest recipient of UK AID

pmaitra

I have been told by relatives in UK that British take comfort in saying Asians for 2 reasons this way they are not discriminating against Pakistanis (equal-equal) and it sounds less threatening by saying Pakistanis in the press and scaring the British public .
Now that's a funny idea of equality, don't you think so? Why should all ASIANs take the blame for a few troublemaker Pakistanis? Is this not yet another kind of stereotyping?

Country flag
Now that's a funny idea of equality, don't you think so? Why should all ASIANs take the blame for a few troublemaker Pakistanis? Is this not yet another kind of stereotyping?
If they say Pakistanis are trouble makers or the world's biggest terrorism exporter then it makes their creation of Pakistan a failure,it is denial. A slap in the face to the British empire to face the mess that exists today in many places that originates directly from the British empire.

niharjhatn

If they say Pakistanis are trouble makers or the world's biggest terrorism exporter then it makes their creation of Pakistan a failure,it is denial. A slap in the face to the British empire to face the mess that exists today in many places that originates directly from the British empire.
The British DID the whole partition deal, knowing Pakistan would never become a functional nation, and also to help divert the energies of India from regaining its place in the pre-colonial years to fighting humare pyaare pyaare dost

Country flag
The British DID the whole partition deal, knowing Pakistan would never become a functional nation, and also to help divert the energies of India from regaining its place in the pre-colonial years to fighting humare pyaare pyaare dost
This is why aid is always given to keep them a float and the kashmir issue always fresh,meanwhile they were the ones who made the boundaries during partition that Pakistan has violated. But they will never address this point they want to keep the Kashmir issue alive and stay a permanent thorn for India.

prototype

what will the share of zardari to transfer the aid to Pakistan from British hands,10 % or more.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Good job UK maybe you should open up more immigration for Pakistanis. Pakistanis burned down Bradford,
Burnley,oldham in incidents involving teenagers and a few other towns in Northern England totally burned
down most of these towns ,all the whites had to flee; BDL could not save them in their own country
and not one Pakistani was deported. British press was scaird shitless and could not even say Pakistanis
in the press said it was "ASIANS".

Summer 1992 riots in England - European Counter Network | libcom.org

I can't watch the video, the accent is making my ears hurt.

Funny thing is that Britain is the only country where 'ASIAN' specifically refers to South Asians. In America, an 'Asian' refers specifically to East Asians only (basically, anyone who looks Chinese). I have never heard an American refer to an Indian, Pakistani, or Bangladeshi as an 'Asian' in colloquial speech.

Last edited by a moderator:

AOE

I have to disagree here. The reason why the British don't call a spade a shovel in respect to Pakistanis has to do with perceived 'racism' in using such terms, and indeed if they did call out the Pakistanis for their behavior (and I have known Brits who try to), they are called xenophobic, bigots, etc... the topic of colonialism eventually gets brought up as a guilt card, and eventually the issue is 'solved' by throwing money at the Pakistanis until they go away. It is dysfunctional, I would agree, but for different reasons than might be apparent.

The funny thing is if many Indians who immigrated to England made their own side of the story voiced, and that the Pakistanis are a rogue state sponsoring terrorism against the British and Indians, then that would change the dynamics of the argument away from guilt and back to reality. That in itself is a golden opportunity right there.

Country flag
AOE -Look at the map I posted, this is the official map of the Partition of India. As you can see POK and Aksai Chin belong to India. A simple question- why is the illegal occupation of POK never addressed by the British??

AOE

AOE -Look at the map I posted, this is the official map of the Partition of India. As you can see POK and Aksai Chin belong to India. A simple question- why is the illegal occupation of POK never addressed by the British??
Do you mean the British government? I'm not sure why, but you could probably apply the same argument I made above to this issue, that many in the UK feel guilty about colonialism so they just throw money and aid until the problem goes away. Most English people would probably not talk about this either due to a lack of knowledge, or because the racism and colonialism card would come up again for the trillionth time. Somehow a Pakistani would find a reason to blame this issue on them, or it would turn into a Tu Quoque where the Brits would be labelled as war mongers for their involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq, so how dare they have an opinion on this issue, etc... at least that's my initial thoughts.

Perhaps they don't want to step on the toes of the Chinese for similar reasons; these are all crazy arguments I know, but they are what I would consider popular rhetoric that prevents any real or serious discussion on the matter in the UK.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
the british are those people who created pakistan.i think every indian should have the same hatred towards britain as he has towards pakistan.we should hand over the mmrca contract to rafael and stop further defence associations with them.

Country flag
the british are those people who created pakistan.i think every indian should have the same hatred towards britain as he has towards pakistan.we should hand over the mmrca contract to rafael and stop further defence associations with them.
The world no longer runs this way where feelings dictate foreign policy. Look at what feelings have done to a country like Pakistan where foreign policy is based solely on religion and feelings.

Oracle

The world no longer runs this way where feelings dictate foreign policy. Look at what feelings have done to a country like Pakistan where foreign policy is based solely on religion and feelings.
Why are the Indian diaspora in UK so muted? I never heard anything positive from the many Indians residing in the UK. The Indian lobbyists in US is a strong one, what about it in the UK? All for fish n' chips?

Country flag
Why are the Indian diaspora in UK so muted? I never heard anything positive from the many Indians residing in the UK. The Indian lobbyists in US is a strong one, what about it in the UK? All for fish n' chips?
I have wondered the same thing for years. IMO Indian diaspora in UK is very well integrated into British society putting British interests first and their place of origin second,and they do not want to rock the boat??

Oracle

I have wondered the same thing for years. IMO Indian diaspora in UK is very well integrated into British society putting British interests first and their place of origin second,and they do not want to rock the boat??
The same thing is for Indians who live in US. Did not get the bold part.

Country flag
The same thing is for Indians who live in US. Did not get the bold part.
They want to keep the status quo do not want to be viewed as troublemakers. Indians in USA is a very different situation, USA is a much larger and diverse country and it has no colonial ties to India, but Indians are much more politically vocal. Second biggest contributors to Obama's campaign were Indians.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
It's never good to hate anyone and let that dictate foreign policy. It's better to have "strong rational dislike", or is that the same thing :D

niharjhatn

It's never good to hate anyone and let that dictate foreign policy. It's better to have "strong rational dislike", or is that the same thing :D
You don't highlight the differences, you highlight the indifference :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles