Pakistan test fires indigenous "Coastal Defense System" named "ZAARB"

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Given the fact that it was tested from a coastal battery, it is plausible to suggest that the Zarb is basically the C-602.

A C-602 being fired in China from a land-based launch vehicle.

The Pakistan Navy has recently test-fired a shore-based anti-ship missile (AShM) named “Zarb.” Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) did not offer any specific information, such as range, speed, or payload weight.

Pakistan had issued a navigational warning notice several days in advance of the test. The maximum range allotted for the test was set at 300km, which was compliant with the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), an international legal framework that regulates commercial missile and drone sales on the global arms market.

The Zarb was inducted to enhance Pakistan’s area denial capabilities by equipping its coastal areas with AShM-tipped launch batteries, which in turn could fire AShMs at intruding surface ships up to a maximum range of 300km.

Upon concluding the test, the Navy announced that it had formally inducted the Zarb AShM. With no prior tests registered over the Arabian Sea, and the fact that it is MTCR-compliant, it is likely that the Zarb is an off-the-shelf purchase.

That said, the specific characteristics of the Zarb AShM are unknown. Given the fact that it was tested from a coastal battery, it is plausible to suggest that the Zarb is basically the C-602.

Produced by China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC), the C-602 is a heavy AShM capable of delivering a 300kg warhead. A heavier variant (with a 480kg warhead) is also available in the form of the CM-602G.

The idea of Pakistan acquiring the C-602 is not a surprise, but the use of a local name (i.e. Zarb) suggests that the missile is being produced domestically.

On the other hand, the C-802 is in use with the Pakistan Navy’s Zulfiqar-class (F-22P) frigates, Azmat-class fast attack crafts (FAC), and even the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) JF-17s. Moreover, there is nothing to stop the C-802 from being launched from land either.

http://quwa.org/2016/04/10/pakistan-navy-inducts-new-anti-ship-missile-zarb/

So, this missile is too heavy for Pakistani ships and is thus meant for area denial from coastal batteries.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
You will see above chinki missile painted in green when the Pakistan releases the photo of this test.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
We will sink their ships from high seas 500 kms away and they will try to hit from coastal area with 300 km range. ...... great going Pakistan.

Btw with ship launch nirbhay with 1000 km range we can take out these batteries.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We will sink their ships from high seas 500 kms away and they will try to hit from coastal area with 300 km range. ...... great going Pakistan.

Btw with ship launch nirbhay with 1000 km range we can take out these batteries.
Why only these batteries, Nirbhay can take out almost entire land of pure.
:amen:

sob

Mod
Country flag
This is hilarious. A country which does not have any notable Steel Industry, lacks even basic machine tool industry and does not even manufacture basic electronics equipment is claiming indigenous missile making facility.

The principles are clear BEG BORROW STEAL.

Blackwater

This is hilarious. A country which does not have any notable Steel Industry, lacks even basic machine tool industry and does not even manufacture basic electronics equipment is claiming indigenous missile making facility.

in pak case its BEG,BED and OIL:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Zarvan

I love you Indians you are way to dumb than I previously thought. Still some friends contacted Naval Guys and we know only this that it's definitely not Chinese, and Missile range is not 300 KM but far far more.

Al_Asad_Al_Mulk

Think Tank Analyst

u r moderator and have such shallow knowledge at least google it.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Begging and borrowing is okay. But I don't think they can steal anything.
Their all weather friends China and Uncle Sam USA have screwed them in more positions than we Indians know in our Kamasutra. :love:

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Don't miss beautiful language used by your mods like
inshallah, behead these kaffirs. Bleed then till death.
A ghazi forum is specially created for ghazwa. About some ummah, unfortunately, it was blocked by GoI a few years ago. Otherwise, it was great source of fun. :amen:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
You think Indians stupid enough to believe that a country who can't design a simple car or even moped engines starts making missiles and tanks itself. Hilarious. :pound:
Anyway,
Chinese, and Missile range is not 300 KM but far far more.
Then, reveal, what's it's range? o_O

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
at least google it.
Did that also. :acce:pted
Damn, your all missiles are derivatives.
Some of French, some derived from upper stages of Chinese, some derived from Rehbar-1(American donation to suparco), Nasr a copy of Weishi Rocket, RAAD(Derivative of South African MUSPOW), Babur (reverse engineered unexploded tomahawk reverse engineered, that even by PLA).:rolleyes:
Seriously, you guys have no Sophisticated Research and Development Program, no extensive production facility, no electronic tech, no budget in research and you still want us to believe you.

I didn't specially search to find of which copy these are. On every article, it was written, like pakistan version of that country's missile, derived from upper stage of that missile etc.. :cruisin2:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

Heck! These Pakis can't even produce a piddly safety pin which is still being imported from their deeper than ocean friends, China! Jeeeez! :lol:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I love you Indians you are way to dumb than I previously thought. Still some friends contacted Naval Guys and we know only this that it's definitely not Chinese, and Missile range is not 300 KM but far far more.
Pakistani source, The News says its less then 300 kms, do you have any other source which says its has more range.

Dont go by friends- friend source. I can also says that India has 2500 kms radius mobile radar, nothing official about it.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Heck! These Pakis can't even produce a piddly safety pin which is still being imported from their deeper than ocean friends, China! Jeeeez! :lol:
They can't even make Bra and Burqa for their Khatoon without Chinese help let alone safety Pin.

sob

Mod
Country flag
I know my facts when I write them here.

Can you tell me how many Precision CNC Manufacturers are there in Pakistan. What about precision bearings, Seals, Ball Screws, DC Stepper motor, Steel for the missile? List is long I can go on and on.

Sorry to put it but you do not even have a domestic industry which can help you maintain your fleet of rolling stock for the Pakistan Railways.

Last edited:

Blackwater

it can be somalian but cant be paki for sure.

BTW you are way to deep as ostrich as previously thought:):):):):)

anyhow its either chini or amriki harpoon

harpooon

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
what shallow knowledge ?

if anybody wants just to have a generalized idea of the indigenous defense manufacturing capability of a country ,
all he/she needs to do is to look up that countries commercial industrial base and its related R&D capability.

did u ever notice the TELs on which Chinese and north Korean based and derived porky missiles are carried.

porkies are so much capable that since last 30 years they are still incapable of designing their own TELs.

the main reason being the porkies got the imported missiles bundled together with the TELs and other support systems, and their ruhani technological capability falls short or finds it difficult to go for a complete indigenous makeover.

the tinkering they did was with some aerodynamic fine tuning via installing aero spike etc and even then the simulation and lab work etc was done in china first.

the porkies all the time get lost in their own propaganda , that they need to be kicked out of their dreams.:hail:

in a Chinese defense forum a paki was claiming that burraq and barq were indigenous paki creations ,
when a Chinese dropped in to ruin his day dreaming by saying that both are licensed copies of CH3 and AR1
:pound::pound::pound::pound:

poor fellow he vanished for a month

as for this Chinese c602/zaarb the fact is the C602 has been in porky service for a while , this gave the porkis ample time get to used to the intricacies of the system and to figure out on how to integrate it with their majority western sensors / command control systems.
the Chinese must have hold out this long to get more orders for the missile ( which they must have got ), and also recently the Chinese have decided that they they are going to use the far deadlier YJ 18 variants and phase out the C602 gradually.
so the Chinese like the true businessmen offered the C602 tech and the porkies lapped it up.
plus u only need to monitor the frequency of flights and what all is being unloaded at karma airport to get a inkling of things cooking in indigenous industry of porkistan.
once the pictures of this missile and associated TEL comes out , u will all realize how indigenous it is.

majority of the specialized tooling machines (including those for machining uranium blocks) etc are from china , in the earlier years we knew of the Hercules flights into china to bring them into porkistan.

first make your own 2 stroke engine from scratch, then talk about indigenous capability.

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

now being realistic people i think we should take note of this acquisition:yo:.

also another thing these very chinese TELs are going to become the Achilles heel of the porky missiles.
go figure it out :playball:

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
'Naval guys' my ass! They seem to know squat what's going on in their own navy! Morons! This is an out and out Chinese missile, except for the paint job you've got done there!

And Damn! Even that paint is imported from China! :doh: Lol!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles