Pakistan succesfully test fires Hatf v-Ghauri Missile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I had posted this even last time when they tested.

WWII German V2. See the similarity? Except I think the V2 would still perform better :troll:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354124773.908071.jpg

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
How big of a warhead do you think can be under that cone?? My guess 20kt at best
if miniutarization is done which pakistan is not known to have achieved.
LF with 6 nuke test they wont even moved that Chagai mountain in their nuke test, it was still standing after 6 nukes :shocked: yeah that was truly shocking

now 20kt is too much for Pak if it has 5kt that will be too much for Pak standards.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Scuds have the worst CEP of any missiles ever made,no one other than Russsians
have been successful in placing a nuclear warhead on one (even North Korea has failed).
Scuds b/c/d cannot not carry more than a 50kt warhead at maximum but the speed will be greatly
reduced. At best scuds are a tactical nuke but more or less outdated in the modern world
of the 600 scuds saddam hussein fired on Israel in 1991 gulf war only 20 penetrated Israeli
airspace. In 20 years I am sure interception technology has improved to a higher level radar
sure has.
Pakis tested a bomb of the shelf. Yield 12 KT claimed. May be it was less. It's first gen Chini design. Forget about 50 KT

Country flag
Pakis tested a bomb of the shelf. Yield 12 KT claimed. May be it was less. It's first gen Chini design. Forget about 50 KT
After this test US flew a spy plane over the area but no radiation level abnormalities were
detected so it must have been a low yield.

Agnostic Muslim

sorry it was china, you cant develop locomotive for the last 65 yrs. and talk of develop missile
Yes, we are developing missiles - how do you substantiate your claim that the Ghauri/Shaheen was developed/improved by China?

And I am pretty sure a locomotive and ballistic missile use different means of propulsion and guidance, so why the development of one would be conditional to the development of the other, as you appear to be arguing, does not make sense ...

Last edited:
Country flag
INDIA-PAKISTAN NUCLEAR TESTS AND U.S. RESPONSE

U.S. officials reportedly "estimated the cumulative force of the Pakistani blast
or blasts [of May 28] at between 2 kilotons and 12 kilotons, and most likely 6 kilotons ...
" For the May 30 test, some reports placed the yield between 12 and 18 kilotons, but the CIA was said to have
estimated the yield at between one and five kilotons.42 Seismic data indicated a yield
of between zero (no detectable signal) and one kiloton.43 A later analysis by
seismologist Terry Wallace placed the yield of the May 28 explosion (or explosions)
at 9 to 12 kt, and that of the May 30 explosion at 4 to 6 kt.44

Agnostic Muslim

check at frame 0.26 they are the person who are supposed to improve it. Look at their faces and body language they are in defensive after the test :shocked:

I dont have to show face of DRDO guys when they test missile and it is successful.

this shows that it is imported maal............:rofl:

Just writing name of Organisation which are supposed to make it does not make it home made.
Indeed, looking at facial expressions in a video snippet with no sense of the context and timing of the snippet is a completely scientific and fact based means of not only determining the success of a missile launch but also determining the actual manufacturer of the missile.

Agnostic Muslim

Nuclear investigators have reportedly discovered a significantly more advanced nuclear warhead design that does not resemble any currently known Chinese warhead - that would indicate that Pakistan moved away from any old Chinese warhead designs a long time ago, as the excerpt below would suggest:

The plans appear to closely resemble a nuclear weapon that was built by Pakistan and first tested exactly a decade ago. But when confronted with the design by officials of the International Atomic Energy Agency last year, Pakistani officials insisted that Dr. Khan, who has been lobbying in recent months to be released from the loose house arrest that he has been under since 2004, did not have access to Pakistan's weapons designs.

In interviews in Vienna, Islamabad and Washington over the past year, officials have said that the weapons design was far more sophisticated than the blueprints discovered in Libya in 2003, when Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi gave up his country's nuclear weapons program. Those blueprints were for a Chinese nuclear weapon that dated to the mid-1960s, and investigators found that Libya had obtained them from the Khan network.

But the latest design found on Khan network computers in Switzerland, Bangkok and several other cities around the world is half the size and twice the power of the Chinese weapon, with far more modern electronics, the investigators say. The design is in electronic form, they said, making it easy to copy — and they have no idea how many copies of it are now in circulation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/15/world/asia/15nuke.html?pagewanted=all

And the warhead mentioned above was still considered to be a decade old design at that point in time.

Agnostic Muslim

The new design will still use a Scud -based platform?
Like I said earlier, I am surprised that the liquid fueled Ghauri continues to be tested given the existence of more advanced solid fueled Shaheen I and II missiles. Perhaps the testing of the Ghauri is related to ongoing development of an SLV or longer range ballistic missile.

Blackwater

Yes, we are developing missiles - how do you substantiate your claim that the Ghauri/Shaheen was developed/improved by China?

And I am pretty sure a locomotive and ballistic missile use different means of propulsion and guidance, so why the development of one would be conditional to the development of the other, as you appear to be arguing, does not make sense [/B]...

True, that is my Q, when u can not make simple machine like locomotive, how can u claim to make/develop complex propulsion system.

Foreign hand is always there with you since 1947

whether its ammerica,saudis or china

and every military person or enthusiast knows the story of your babur cruise missile , How you to smuggled tomahawk from Afghanistan and supplied to chinis who return made babur for you ..

Last edited:

Agnostic Muslim

True, that is my Q, when u can not make simple machine like locomotive, how can u claim to make/develop complex propulsion system.

Foreign hand is always there with you since 1947

whether its ammerica,saudis or china

and every military person or enthusiast knows the story of your babur cruise missile , How you to smuggled tomahawk from Afghanistan and supplied to chinis who return made babur for you ..
I was hoping for some fact based and substantiated expansion of your thoughts about the correlation between locomotives and nuclear weapons, but instead you have offered up even spicier conspiracy theories attributed to 'military enthusiasts' about the 'missile-napping, smuggling and reverse-engineering of the Tomohawk'.

Blackwater

I was hoping for some fact based and substantiated expansion of your thoughts about the correlation between locomotives and nuclear weapons, but instead you have offered up even spicier conspiracy theories attributed to 'military enthusiasts' about the 'missile-napping, smuggling and reverse-engineering of the Tomohawk'.
u cant deny tomahawk fact

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Your mumbo jumbo hi-fi words are not going to be your substantial base of arguments either.

All know your missiles are Chinese missiles... now you dont even paint it at home. :lol:

Country flag
Like I said earlier, I am surprised that the liquid fueled Ghauri continues to be tested given the existence of more advanced solid fueled Shaheen I and II missiles. Perhaps the testing of the Ghauri is related to ongoing development of an SLV or longer range ballistic missile.
Traditionally ballistic missiles speeds start from Mach 5 to Mach 25
how come allThe missiles that Pakistan classified as ballistic do not reach Mach 3?

Last edited:

Agnostic Muslim

u cant deny tomahawk fact
How is your story about the 'missile-napping, smuggling and reverse-engineering of the Tomohawk' fact?

I am completely willing to read any credible sources you wish to link to regarding this claim.

Agnostic Muslim

Your mumbo jumbo hi-fi words are not going to be your substantial base of arguments either.

All know your missiles are Chinese missiles... now you dont even paint it at home. :lol:
I am not the one making the allegation that Pakistani missiles are manufactured, and according to you perhaps even painted in Pakistani colors, in China - you lot are, and as such the burden of evidence, to substantiate your claims, lies on you.

mikhail

Country flag
I am not the one making the allegation that Pakistani missiles are manufactured, and according to you perhaps even painted in Pakistani colors, in China - you lot are, and as such the burden of evidence, to substantiate your claims, lies on you.
what's the use of developing such missiles when we have got the BMD cover totally functional!your missile will be intercepted in the midway by our AAD and PAD incercepting missiles.:rolleyes:

Agnostic Muslim

Traditionally ballistic missiles speeds start from Mach 5 to Mach 25
how come allThe missiles that Pakistan classified as ballistic do not reach Mach 3?
I have no idea what the speed of the Pakistani IRBM's is - where are you getting your information from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles