Pakistan sets world record for singing national anthem simultaneously

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

LAHORE: As many as 44,200 Pakistanis sang the national anthem together at the National Hockey Stadium, Lahore on Saturday to set a new world record, breaking India's record.

The event was organised as part of the ongoing youth festival in the province.

Guinness World Record (GWR) officials present at the stadium, presented a certificate confirming that 44,200 people had successfully managed to set a new world record.

The Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif also arrived to partake and witness the event.

The participants arrived at the stadium earlier during the day and practiced the national anthem for hours. It was earlier reported that 70,000 people had sung the anthem, however the official score put the figure at 44,200.

Guinness World Records adjudicator Gareth Deaves said that he was impressed with the enthusiasm shown by the youth of Punjab and he was amazed to see a big gathering at the National Hockey Stadium.

"It is a very important day for the people of Pakistan, specially Punjab as a big audience has gathered here to create new records in many events including singing of national anthem and creation of Pakistan flag by the audience present in the arena ," he told the media.

Gareth said that the GWR team was very impressed to see the enthusiasm of the people of Pakistan and he was glad to see the interest of people attempting to create new records for GWR.

The previous record was set by India when 15, 243 people sang the national anthem simultaneously earlier this year.

Earlier in August, an attempt was made to set a new world record in Karachi when thousands of students gathered on University Road to sing the national anthem.

A similar event was staged in Karachi last year when as many as 5,857 people gathered at the Khadda Market ground to make a new record. While the numbers were enough to break the then record of 5,248 people singing the anthem simultaneously, no Guinness officials were present at the event, meaning it was never chalked up as an official record attempt.

Pakistan sets world record for singing national anthem simultaneously – The Express Tribune

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
LOL Hahhahahhahahhahaha great Job I have to give this to pakis.....hahhahahahahaha :D :D

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Who paid for the tickets of those Guinness World Record Officials ? Was is included in Amrikan Aid Package ? :rofl::rofl:

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
indians should not start a dick measuring contest here because if even a portion of indians sing together with their mouth towards paki land then there acoustic waves will bring greater destruction then nukes
just saying that this type of event is meant for loosers who want to feel good

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
the good part is

both the above users are in my ignore list and i dnt see there BS.as i know they are only talking crap around this forum

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
the good part is

both the above users are in my ignore list and i dnt see there BS.as i know they are only talking crap around this forum
Why are you frustrated? :D

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You would be lucky to find that many people in the whole USA who knew their anthem. :lol:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles