Pakistan serves beef to Nepal earthquake survivors

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
After experiencing major devastation and loss of lives in the April 25 earthquake, Nepal is left with an unsavoury taste in the mouth when it received packets of 'beef masala' as part of the relief package from Pakistan.

Since the majority-Hindu country treats cows as sacred and there is a blanket ban on slaughtering the animal, the development has the potential of triggering diplomatic acrimony between the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) member countries.

Indian doctors at Kathmandu's Bir Hospital told Mail Today that packets of 'beef masala' were sent by Pakistan on Tuesday as part of relief aid to the temblor survivors. These doctors - drawn from Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital, Safdarjung Hospital and All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) - are members of a 34-member medical team sent to Nepal for treating the survivors.

"When we reached the airport to collect the food items from Pakistan, we found packets of ready-to-eat meals, including packets of 'beef masala'. There were other food items too," Dr Balwinder Singh told Mail Today.

Perplexed, the doctors chose to have food from a hotel instead. "We did not touch the Pakistani aid," Dr Singh said.

"Most of the local people are not aware of the contents. When they understand, they avoid it," said another doctor on the condition of anonymity. He added: "Pakistan has hurt Nepal's religious sentiments by supplying the masala. Shockingly, it did not care about the sensitivity of the matter."

for more :

Pakistan serves beef to Nepal earthquake survivors : Nepal Earthquake 2015, News - India Today

Khagesh

I am sure some muslim citizens of Nepal would also have suffered in this earth quake. They can use it there.

salute

I am sure some muslim citizens of Nepal would also have suffered in this earth quake. They can use it there.
ohhh, so the relief material is only for muslims in nepal.

Khagesh

ohhh, so the relief material is only for muslims in nepal.
Arre nahin bhai. But you can use the material because Nepal has 20% or so Muslims and the earthquake came for them too.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Arre nahin bhai. But you can use the material because Nepal has 20% or so Muslims and the earthquake came for them too.
Who told you Nepal has 20% muslims??

Khagesh

Just mentioned something I heard on TV. But seems like there is a lot of uncertainty regarding that.

I cross checked with wiki which says:

Islam is a minor religion in Nepal. According to the 2011 Nepal census, 4.4% of the population are Muslim.[1]

Islam is thought to have been introduced by the Indian Muslims settling in Nepal. The 4.2 % of the population being Muslim according to a 2006 Nepalese census.[2] However, more recent estimates indicate that Muslims constitute approximately 5-10% of the population.[3][4] Islam is generally thought to have been introduced by Indian Muslims that traveled to Nepal and then settled there. Ahmadis maintain a small presence in Nepal.[5]

indiandefencefan

Country flag
Doesnt change the fact that nepal's national religion is hinduism so there is no doubt that the authorities in nepal wont like beef being sent to them even if they do have a 5-10% muslim population.

Im now waiting for the blame game in pakistan to begin.:rofl:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
This is deliberate. They want hungry and desperate people to go "fvck religion, I'm going to eat this," 96% of whom will be Hindus. The next time there's a calamity in Pakistan (and I hope there will be one), India's relief should be more rich in pork than EpicMealTime.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pakistan now claims that the packets were clearly marked in English and Urdu.

Those who wanted to eat, could eat; and those who did not want to eat, need not eat!

Great logic.

You send emergency aid meant for all and then state it is upto the person to eat or not to eat.

So, let us say India sends emergency aid to Pakistan with jhatka meat, then we say, well what's wrong if the majority of Pakistanis starve, at least some Hindus and Christians will benefit.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Good. Next time pakis go through a similar tragedy, we or nepalis should send pork labelled as beef.

Rashna

Country flag
They did not send beef. They sent beef masala - it can be used for anything, actually. It has nothing to do with beef as such.

This is ready to eat meal packet. Secondly why would anyone send beef masala spice powder to cook beef in to a country where cow slaughter is banned and where immediate relief is required in the form of ready to eat meals.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
They did not send beef. They sent beef masala - it can be used for anything, actually. It has nothing to do with beef as such.
So, beef masala has nothing to do with beef?

If it is just 'masala', then why call it beef masala?

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would know that the ingredient of the masala contains beef.

It is like sending relief MRE to Pakistan with pork masala and state that it has nothing to do with pork, pigs, or swines.

Who says Nepal is not India friendly?

Rashna

Country flag
After seeing the pack also u are saying this? Do u understand the meaning of Ready to eat meals? You think anybody will be sending masala powder in this packet? Now read the facts. This company does not manufacture spices. It is only manufacturing ready to eat meals and biscuits which were sent to Nepal. It supplies the same to Pak Army, u think its giving soldiers spice powders to cook beef? Stop fooling yourself and others... If someone sends Pork masala to pakistan, they can be sure to become chops themselves.
“PANA Force food processing centre aims at providing quality goods at affordable prices. Currently, the company is supplying two brands of products to Pakistan Army commonly known as Meal Ready to Eat (MRE) and Emergency Pack Ration (EP Ration or high-energy biscuits) whereas a plant for the production of dehydrated vegetables and fruits is under construction,” stated the official website of PANA Force Foods.

You don't get it. This is just masala powder and can be used with anything, be it veg or nonveg food. But as usual Indians refuse to see this (since Pakistan is involved). Also Nepal is not even an India-friendly country, so why do nationalist Hindus even bother?

Rashna

Country flag
The question isn't of what is offensive, u were denying that they sent beef to nepal. Once it was found out that it was beef obviously it is offensive to majority of nepalese apart from being banned.So stop lying thru ure beef stained teeth.:rolleyes:
Muslims, whether from here or the middle east, regardless of sects like Sunni, Shia etc. are mostly consistent when it comes to diet matters - meaning, they don't touch pork, period. So offering them pork would be offensive.

Hindus, otoh, are not a homogeneous bunch - lots of Hindus eat beef (I myself enjoyed it last week, lol). So it's not possible to offend an extremely diverse group (like the Hindus) when no uniform rule will ever apply to that group.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Muslims, whether from here or the middle east, regardless of sects like Sunni, Shia etc. are mostly consistent when it comes to diet matters - meaning, they don't touch pork, period. So offering them pork would be offensive.

Hindus, otoh, are not a homogeneous bunch - lots of Hindus eat beef (I myself enjoyed it last week, lol). So it's not possible to offend an extremely diverse group (like the Hindus) when no uniform rule will ever apply to that group.
You are a low life convert and need to eat Pork to refreshen yourself.

This issue can be raised in UN since Pakis violated Nepali Hindu sentiments even in earthquake.

DingDong

Country flag

I've had a Muslim friend in College who boozed and feasted on Pork even during Ramadan. Lot many Muslims eat Pork, but won't tell.

Rashna

Country flag
They did launch an enquiry. I can't understand why u are stewing ure beef for pakistan. Be Indian and Buy Indian...:p

Did Nepal release any official statement saying they were offended? All this is wild imagination in the minds of hindu fanatics, nothing more.

brational

Country flag
Dear @genius come to NE to find out how your brothers are going yummy over pork. You will also get the opportunity to taste it in private. Secrecy assured! [emoji241] [emoji200][emoji203]

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles