Pakistan Seeks New Service Rifle

Zarvan

Complete hogwash, you'll end up with licence to assemble and no way for exporting, why would FN do that when they have a fully capable line here in Belgium with enough orders and capacity to keep the line busy. They don't even have to compete price wise, their product is that good. No company in such a strong position will do such a thing, allowing exports from another line will lead to closing of factories in Belgium, no go while the Govt. here try to keep the jobs going. Dream on.
Well they are allowing license to us to export. Secondly FN are playing good with us unlike France they are quite close to agreeing to our demands. Pakistan is close to getting a deal with FN for SCAR. Pakistan is also interested in minimi 7.62

Zarvan

all the leading trials aside, your nation cannot afford this weapon on bulk, neither will FN offer TOT. You'll end up with the Turkish rifle as it will also pass trials and will be available cheaper
They are already offering TOT and also export permission. They even have told about TOT on there website that they would not only give TOT to customer if it demands but also help them establish production facility for it. As for affordability I know Indians have there delusions but bro we can afford it and guess what not only Army but our entire
Armed Forces including Para Military would be equipped with these Rifles

Zarvan

Like I said, they all love to get humiliated, always presenting empty claims and HOAX, just like Su-35, these guys consider others to be fools while thinking that they themselves are the king of the world.
It's no Hoax I posted pictures of Pakistani soldiers with SCAR during trials if you still want to call it Hoax that you have lost your brain and vision and nothing can be done about that.

republic_roi97

Country flag
It's no Hoax I posted pictures of Pakistani soldiers with SCAR during trials if you still want to call it Hoax that you have lost your brain and vision and nothing can be done about that.
No doubt about you guys testing Scar, I completely accept that, but the claim that you will manufacture them in house sounds ridiculous. You might buy them directly from the manufacturer and import them, at discounted prices, but I don't think they will allow you to manufacture.
At the same time, what would stop you guys from buying them off the shelf at the maximum retail price ?? Nothing !! Your media can still run the news that you got it at 1/2 price or with ToT.

republic_roi97

Country flag
They are already offering TOT and also export permission. They even have told about TOT on there website that they would not only give TOT to customer if it demands but also help them establish production facility for it. As for affordability I know Indians have there delusions but bro we can afford it and guess what not only Army but our entire
Armed Forces including Para Military would be equipped with these Rifles
Good Luck with that, BTW, please provide a link whereby it says that FN is providing ToT and production in house in Pakistan. Until then, its all but empty claims of ToT.
BTW, here's a little something to clear your delusion, that you can afford (barely) FN SCAR :-
Performance will be the critical benchmark in the Army’s final decision, but the question of cost needs to be discussed as well. At the end of the day, the Army’s budget for arms is finite, hence it is generally steered towards cost-sensitive solutions. This is plainly evident in almost all of the Army’s big-ticket acquisitions. However, given that there are at least two relatively expensive options being evaluated, i.e. the FN SCAR H and Beretta ARX 200, it is possible that there is a level of flexibility the Army is willing to tolerate in terms of cost.
The rationale (for being cost-flexible) could stem from wanting to ensure that the rifle could dependably serve the Army for at least as many decades as the HK G3. Moreover, the Army is not going to induct hundreds of thousands of rifles in the short-term. If anything, it would have to worry about the up-front costs of acquiring the necessary technology, intellectual property, and commercial rights of the winning candidate. Beyond that, it would basically induct its rifles on a relatively incremental and gradual basis, e.g. 10-15,000 rifles per year with occasional increases on good funding years. In other words, while the selection of an expensive rifle may be costly in relative terms (compared to more affordable alternatives), it may not be a comparatively costly exercise (compared to revamping one’s attack helicopter fleet).

Immanuel

Country flag
Well they are allowing license to us to export. Secondly FN are playing good with us unlike France they are quite close to agreeing to our demands. Pakistan is close to getting a deal with FN for SCAR. Pakistan is also interested in minimi 7.62
FN SCAR won't win the deal, you'll end up with the cheaper Turkish option, with Trump in power, you won't recieve any more funds from Amrika hence you can't divert aid funds for weapons you can't afford

Zarvan

No doubt about you guys testing Scar, I completely accept that, but the claim that you will manufacture them in house sounds ridiculous. You might buy them directly from the manufacturer and import them, at discounted prices, but I don't think they will allow you to manufacture.
At the same time, what would stop you guys from buying them off the shelf at the maximum retail price ?? Nothing !! Your media can still run the news that you got it at 1/2 price or with ToT.
That is not ridiculous that is there company policy dude. Even on there website they have mentioned it that they are more than wiling to give license of production to customer but also help them establish entire production facility for SCAR.

Zarvan

FN SCAR won't win the deal, you'll end up with the cheaper Turkish option, with Trump in power, you won't recieve any more funds from Amrika hence you can't divert aid funds for weapons you can't afford
We are getting SCAR. SCAR is mostly like the winner FN company is being very cooperative in talks for SCAR. SCAR by every passing day is becoming more clear winner of Rifle Trials.

Zarvan

Don't give me that marketing crap, I can write such beautiful prose in a minute, it only says local assembly is possible, nothing about exports from such plants. Secondly, with Pakistan's current record, let's see how they will actually do it, if it actually wins.
They are offering us export license also and Special Services Wing of Pakistan Air Force has already chosen SCAR soon announcement will come from Army and Navy

Zarvan

It didn't say that it is going to give you guys ToT. Please provide a link, where FN has said that it is going to give you guys (Pakista) ToT and in house manufacturing.
If it's selected you will soon see SCAR being produced at POF

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Eventually PA will be issued these, If not SCAR ..

Zarvan

Few more pictures from trial which took place. Pictures seem to be few months ago because in x 51 it seem SCAR has won the trial. Soldiers are now being handed over the manual of SCAR and other weapons made by FN. In x 39 most likely CZ BREN 807 will win.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles