Pakistan, Russia allies in every sense of word: Putin

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Its a diplomatic failure of GoI who herself is indulge in cosing up with Pakistanis.

When the world was ready to twitch Pakistani neck and dehyphenating India Pakistan, we were doing cricket diplomacy and placing them at the same league with us. The Manmohan Singh in his second term has become too much emotionally liable in love for Pakistan that he is now unfit to be PM of India. We shouldn't complaint Russia for anything they are planning to do with Pakistan.

Only a blind or a dim hadn't seen this coming when our naval exercise was refused after mig 35 refusal and flamboyant ultra nationalist egoist Putin not reacting this way.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
It's about time. The Af-Pak region is going to be the site of the first Great Game of the 21st century. China got a headstart in the 70s with the Karakorum Highway, U.S. immersed herself in the region to fight WOT, India is emerging as a global power and is also playing her hand in A'Stan, and now Russia is joining the game as well.

All the big players are at the table. The only question now is: who has the winning hand?

If we're lucky, this Great Game will have the same result as the Great Game in Poland in 1795 :)
Something like the Congress of Vienna, and the partition of Poland? Is Pakistan to be partitioned as part of this game?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Something like the Congress of Vienna, and the partition of Poland? Is Pakistan to be partitioned as part of this game?
Ideally, the partition of Pakistan would look something like this:

The Durand Line (border between Afghanistan and Pakistan) is a completely artificial boundary that is a legacy of the British Empire. It divides the Pashtun people and is the cause of much ethnic tension in the region; by returing the Pashtun lands to Afghanistan, the stability of the whole region will be increased.

Another important aspect of the partition is the transfer of Gilgit-Baltistan (northern part of POK) back to India. This will not only give India direct access to Afghanistan, but also cut off China from Pakistan and the Indian Ocean. Both are very important geopolitical considerations.

Zebra

Country flag
Putin might have said this or he might not have said this..
but it is clear that India and US defense trade is growing day by day and as a result Russia has to find other buyers for her defense equipments..
Oh yeah , if Russia offers some batter deals than China !

Get free weapons , on top of that some $ aswell . :D

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Putin said:
"Pakistan and Russia are allies in every sense of the word"
GoI should recall its ambassador and cancel all contracts with the RF. Putin is no friend of India.

Adux

Country flag
If it is Pakistan news, please pass me the prinited material, I want to wipe my ass. That is all it is good for.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Pakistans record speaks for itself, they have been asking for it. First was East Pakistan to go, now it is the turn for West Pakistan to be broken up. I see that in the coming decades all the countries living under tribal system will be broken up and emerge as new countries only than peace will be achieved in these countries.

Putins behaviour is consistent, he befriends the nations who are either all ready not on friendly terms or headed towards that with USA. Is this something for real or just posturing? I feel it is the latter. I am not going in to crux of my reasoning at this time and leave it for future discussion.

agentperry

interesting to see russia and china competeting to sell weapons to pakistan, this will surely strain relationship between russ and china to some extent as one has pakis just like India to russia/soviets, and other wants the paksitani contracts as Indians are going to usa and israel and europe. this may all India to find loop holes and play some good tactics.

WTF... for this we need good people in mea and pmo. sry i take my words back. we cant do anything

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Ideally, the partition of Pakistan would look something like this:

The Durand Line (border between Afghanistan and Pakistan) is a completely artificial boundary that is a legacy of the British Empire. It divides the Pashtun people and is the cause of much ethnic tension in the region; by returing the Pashtun lands to Afghanistan, the stability of the whole region will be increased.

Another important aspect of the partition is the transfer of Gilgit-Baltistan (northern part of POK) back to India. This will not only give India direct access to Afghanistan, but also cut off China from Pakistan and the Indian Ocean. Both are very important geopolitical considerations.
I would defect if Mirpur is made a part of India. Gilgit/Balitstan/Balwaristan is fine.
Punjab should be divided into 2 countries, Punjab and Seraikistan.
Karachi and Hyderabad should be made autonomous/special/zones.
Northern Balochistan should be given to Afghanistan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles