Pakistan refuses visas to Sehajdhari Sikhs & Hindus

Tronic

It is wrong to feel people are dumb.

Religious rites in the modern world where life is moving fast prevents people from adhering to religious rites in its true form.

It in no way means one is not true to one's religion.

Cosmetic rituals alone does not make a person true to one's religion.

Priestly class who are taken to be pure and true, at times, appear as the biggest hoaxes perpetuated in the name of religion!

This is applicable to all religion and their priestly or the self proclaimed pious classes.
Brigadier, I agree with you to an extent. Though the Amritdharis are no self proclaimed pious class. They truly are a notch above us common Sehajdhari Sikhs. To get another perspective; living alone and balancing all things between cooking, cleaning and a recent hectic undergraduate university schedule which saw us in school from 8:30am to 9:00pm, not to mention a 40 minutes daily walk each way to and fro school, I came to find a new respect for Amritdhari Sikhs.

I rented an apartment together last semester with a classmate, an Amritdhari Sikh. In addition to all the same chores and workload which I had to balance, it was even tougher for him. He had to wake up a good 3-4 hours before me to wash up, pray and get ready. Neatly tying a turban also takes a good amount of time. He did this each time before he prayed, which was every morning, in between breaks whenever we got a chance to go home, and every night before going to bed. Despite the extra work, he was still on top of all his courses and schoolwork, whereelse, I sometimes tended to fall prey to procrastination! Seeing that level of self-discipline, I've grown a new respect for Amritdhari Sikhs. That discipline is what I believe leads them to be the progressive people that they are.

Not to mention that we are doing our undergraduation in a totally non-multicultural, isolated and completely white dominated city where they hardly see any foreigners. Therefore, he also has to put up with suspicious glances and at times, discrimination. Yet the man is a champ, in every sense of the word, academically or in daily life. He's the first Amritdhari Sikh I have lived with, and have come to respect their strict self-discipline.

Us Sehajdhari Sikhs don't hold a candle up to the Amritdharis! Hats off to them!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are many Hindus who also respect the RSS for waking up early, exercising and doing the Holy stuff, sacrificing, living up to culture and tradition inspite of odds and even ridicule of the other cool cats of Hindus.

That is their way.

And yet......... ;)

I don't find it very laudable unless one is a secret RSS chap at heart but weak in flesh to follow it.

Many cool Hindus also take their hats off to the RSS chaps even if they don't vote for the BJP!

Fortunately, I don't classify to be either (RSS or cool Hindu) not being in their fold in a religion way!

Rituals are not important. Genuine Faith and Belief is!

Tell me, how does wearing those baggy underwear makes any a superior Sikh or wearing the sacred thread a better Brahmin and a Hindu and doing the Surya Namaskar in the pond? Or wearing a Cross that is so huge that it braises the skin being a better Christian or knocking your head harder on the floor for Namaz and getting a horrid callous on the head a better Muslim?

No sir, religion and humanity is in your heart and deed and not in showmanship of religiosity i.e. rituals!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Mother Teresa is a great woman,

No sir, she is great Roman Catholic.

She did what her religion ordained her to do.

Do service and increase the fold.

It was for religion and humanity was secondary!

Yet can you deny she was Great?

Tronic

There are many Hindus who also respect the RSS for waking up early, exercising and doing the Holy stuff, sacrificing, living up to culture and tradition inspite of odds and even ridicule of the other cool cats of Hindus.

That is their way.

And yet......... ;)

I don't find it very laudable unless one is a secret RSS chap at heart but weak in flesh to follow it.

Many cool Hindus also take their hats off to the RSS chaps even if they don't vote for the BJP!

Fortunately, I don't classify to be either (RSS or cool Hindu) not being in their fold in a religion way!
Sir, you missed the point. I talked about the chaps strict routine, which goes far beyond mere cosmetics!

And I similarly would respect every single Hindu, RSS or not, for their devotion to their religion.

Being a liberal person doesn't mean I should be automatically anti-religion.

I'm a spiritual person, and nothing can be a more spiritual experience than waking up at early dawn and indulging in some prayers and spirituality. It's one of the most serene experiences, no matter which religion you belong to or your method of worship. I admit that I usually tend to get lazy and don't keep up with the routine, but it certainly isn't pointless and I respect every person who can!

RSS doesn't quite figure into this because they are a political group and their projected ideology is outwards, whereelse spirituality is personal. Yet, this doesn't mean that any Hindu who wakes up early dawn, does the surya namaskar or other Hindu prayers/beliefs is automatically an RSS or a "cool Hindu"!

I don't imagine anyone waking up early in the morning before dawn to indulge in some spirituality, and than go about telling every person they encounter throughout the day of their amazing feat. :D It's a personal thing.

I only mentioned it about the chap since I lived with him and knew his routine, otherwise, I would never have known!

Rituals are not important. Genuine Faith and Belief is!

Tell me, how does wearing those baggy underwear makes any a superior Sikh or wearing the sacred thread a better Brahmin and a Hindu and doing the Surya Namaskar in the pond?
Sir, every religion's rituals have differing significance. While the Hindu rituals such as Surya Namaskar actually find use in Yoga and meditation exercises, Sikh dress codes, such as the Kachera or the Kirpan is suppose to bring about a code of conduct and discipline. It is akin to asking, how do Military drills, formal military uniforms and military traditions such as saluting make one a better soldier than the rest? That is an easy one. It makes for better discipline and organization, which in turn makes for better leaders and maketh the man! Same way, this teaches discipline and organization, so folks can loose the procrastinating lifestyle and become more constructive and progressive people.

Or wearing a Cross that is so huge that it braises the skin being a better Christian or knocking your head harder on the floor for Namaz and getting a horrid callous on the head a better Muslim?
It doesn't. All would agree with that.

No sir, religion and humanity is in your heart and deed and not in showmanship of religiosity i.e. rituals!
And sir, we are not talking about the chaps who indulge in showmanship. They do not know spirituality.

Last edited:

Tronic

Mother Teresa is a great woman,

No sir, she is great Roman Catholic.

She did what her religion ordained her to do.

Do service and increase the fold.

It was for religion and humanity was secondary!

Yet can you deny she was Great?
Sir, if a specific religion goes hand in hand with humanity, why should I be concerned? I'm not threatened by anyone increasing "the fold" through love and humanity. May the ones who love and care the most win! Wonder when that race will start? :rolleyes:

Though, regarding specifically on Mother Teresa, I'll be the first to admit, I do not know much about her and I am aware that there are some very controversial things which she did, with alleged claims that she even made some people purposely suffer. If that was truly the case, than yes, I have no qualms in denying the claim that she was great.

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Sir, if a specific religion goes hand in hand with humanity, why should I be concerned? I'm not threatened by anyone increasing "the fold" through love and humanity. May the ones who love and care the most win! Wonder when that race will start? :rolleyes:

Though, regarding specifically on Mother Teresa, I'll be the first to admit, I do not know much about her and I am aware that there are some very controversial things which she did, with alleged claims that she even made some people purposely suffer. If that was truly the case, than yes, I have no qualms in denying the claim that she was great.
Putting it blunt... Hindus are converted so much throughout history that they are half(900 million today) of what they would have been(2 billion) ... either by sword or money... both ways are opportunistic.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles