Pakistan panel calls for ban on ads with Indian models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackwater

@farhaan list is very long.

last but not the least another turkish movie paki liked "" Agneepath""

Last edited by a moderator:

JBH22

@Blackwater what the theme of TUrkish in all your video link you posted...

Blackwater

banned and any operator caught airing Indian channel is surely gonna sell his house for paying the fine imposed on him

thank GOD our girls dont watch star plus drama any more but local and Turkish
@Blackwater what the theme of TUrkish in all your video link you posted...

our typical paki denial member has mentioned something ,i was just showing him mirror

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Something which supports @farhan_9909 's point

Are the Turks (soaps) really coming to kill us?

"Ishq-e-Mamnoon" came, aired and gloriously conquered the Pakistani drama industry. It was a bold and risky idea to air a translated series on national television but the drama received unexpectedly high ratings from the local audience.
The Urdu translation of this Turkish soap is considered to be infectious by its viewers and while some Pakistani writers, directors, and producers take it as a healthy competition, others believe it's a grave threat.
"Our local production standards are very low; if we don't raise them then in no time these dramas can eat us up," says Rashid Khwaja — President of United Producers' Association (UPA). "However, stopping the influx of foreign content is not the solution," Khwaja tells The Express Tribune.
"The consumer will not let it happen because now we live in a global village and he will find access to it somehow but the stakeholders need to sit down and develop a new model of 'high-scale drama production' that is economically feasible to both, the producer and the channel," says Khwaja.
Globally there are two TV models; "Ishq-e-Mamnoon" falls into the model in which producers hold he rights to the drama and recover the cost after airing them in their own country first. After cost recovery, the drama is available for other countries at a very low rate which is when the profit rolls in. The other model is what India follows. The channels, instead of producers, invest in a big scale production and become sole owners of the project.
Pakistan, however, doesn't follow either model. The production houses make serials for approximately 6 lacs per episode and sell it to the channel for a profit of up to 2 lacs per episode; making the producer's profit significantly low. This scenario results in more and more low quality entertainment for the channels.
TV director Azfar Ali, best known for sitcom "Sab set hai," says that it's not always about the size of a production. "I think the arrival of these soaps should give us a chance to boost our own industry standards," says Ali. "Frankly speaking, it's a pleasant change in time of a vacuum." Ali believes it's a matter of taking risks. He disagrees with the theory that investing more or giving producers the rights of the drama is going to change anything.
"You'll laugh if I tell you the budget of 'Sab Set Hai,' but it changed your language — right?" asks Ali with a laugh. "The problem is that the producers now rely too much on research to get the ratings and play it very safe; but the ones who takes risks pose a threat to the status quo."

Renowned Urdu writer Syed Mohammad Ahmed believes that the Turkish soaps are not only a threat to the drama industry, but also to Pakistani culture."This is absolute cheating with the local drama industry!" says Ahmed. "You can't get more ridiculous and insane about art then those Turkish soaps; if you think that works then we are not short of seeing a day where nude films are dubbed in Urdu and aired as well."
"If things go on like this, then it won't take much time for Pakistani artists to go jobless," says Ahmed.
On the other hand, veteran television and stage writer-director Khalid Ahmed says he is glad that better quality programming is being broadcast in Pakistan; however, he also thinks that the rest of the Turkish soaps will not be as popular.
Khalid says the ratings of the Turkish soap didn't shock him. "It didn't surprise me at all. 'Ishq-e-Mamnoon' is a mega hit all over the Middle East; but to say that more Turkish soaps will have the same impact is naïve because there is a huge cultural barrier that would eventually come in to play," says Khalid.
On the other hand, senior actor Talat Hussain believes otherwise. "These dramas show a more liberal Muslim society which our viewers want to see and feel," says Hussain "But does that mean that these programmes should be allowed in Pakistan? Certainly not — until or unless a dubbed Pakistani drama is playing in Turkey." Hussain also added that the cultural similarity is going to cost us.
One of the leading actors and producers in the country, Humayun Saeed, believes that not only are the producers suffering, but a coffin is also being prepared for the leading actors in the country. "Since Shahrukh Khan is the biggest actor in Pakistan, whatever remains of TV stardom will be engulfed by these Turkish serials," says Saeed. "I don't want to see a future where I am going to do voice acting on someone else's face; that is simply outrageous!"
His main concern is that the drama industry was the only industry that has continuously flourished. "If such serials start running regularly, then there will be no audience for Pakistani content," said Saeed.
The professionals of the Pakistani drama industry have mixed opinions on what can be considered the biggest foreign invasion on Pakistani television since the Star Plus soaps. But they do agree that foreign soaps may end their careers, invade their industry and influence Pakistani culture.

Are the Turks (soaps) really coming to kill us? – The Express Tribune

Black Blood

Tihar Jail
Banned
All, Indian media content needs to be permanently banned in Pakistan. They don't relate to our social and cultural fabric.

Black Blood

Tihar Jail
Banned
which place in pak ?
Permanently in Islamabad, shuffling between family farm in Punjab to Badin and Karachi to do some work with my uncle, with some foreign trips every now and then.

SpArK

SORCERER
Should have been better if banned illegal drug trades, illegal gun manufacturing, Jihadi schools etc.

JBH22

All, Indian media content needs to be permanently banned in Pakistan. They don't relate to our social and cultural fabric.
YES we completely agree our culture is not suicide bombing we would rather encourage our youth to become engineers,scientist etc .

Anyway the favourite show in Pakistan was DONKEY SEX that's your culture remember google gave a good account.

Land of pure EXPORTS

1-Terrorists
2-Conspiracy theories
3-Cheap rice,towel
4-Drugs
5-Cheap singers usually dumped in INDIA :(

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
YES we completely agree our culture is not suicide bombing we would rather encourage our youth to become engineers,scientist etc .

Anyway the favourite show in Pakistan was DONKEY SEX that's your culture remember google gave a good account.

Land of pure EXPORTS

1-Terrorists
2-Conspiracy theories
3-Cheap rice,towel
4-Drugs
5-Cheap singers usually dumped in INDIA :(
donkey sex?

I hope you dont mind
would you tell why India left African countries behind in aids?

Monkey sex?
Or because of marriages with dogs and frogs

note i Am not mentioning the famous Indian cola

Blackwater

donkey sex?

I hope you dont mind
would you tell why India left African countries behind in aids?

Monkey sex?
Or because of marriages with dogs and frogs

note i Am not mentioning the famous Indian cola
what we can expect from madrasa PHD pakistani.

Note i have not mentioned famous camel cola:lol::lol::lol::wave:

answer to your first Q.

Its because we allow NGO to conduct survey.'Our population is 1.2 billion

In ur country forget foreign NGO ,even local cant do survey . If they do, you will also find yourself infect with AIDS :lol::lol::taunt::taunt:

BTW no. of AIDS cases in India has reduced

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/world-aids-day-india-records-sharp-drop-in-number-of-cases-299730

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles