"Pakistan on the Brink" video documentary

Redhawk

This may well have been posted as a thread on IDF before, and it has certainly been inserted as posts in some existing threads (I know because I twice posted it in two threads today) but I'll take the odds to it and post it here as an entirely new thread in IDF's "Pakistan" section so that it may gain an even wider currency. Watch it and enjoy it. It probably doesn't contain anything you didn't already know, but as an outsider to the Subcontinent, I found it very informative.

The below documentary video is an episode of the Australian current-affairs programme "Four Corners" broadcast on Australian television on 23 February 2009, now almost 6 years ago. It clearly shows how intensely Peshawar was under threat from the fanatics of the tribal Taliban and just how much the Taliban is a threat to the Pakistani State. The episode is titled "Pakistan on the Brink." Not much has changed in Pakistan in nearly 6 years, and if anything matters are worse. See:

Last edited by a moderator:

prohumanity

Country flag
re: "Pakistan on the Brink" video documentary

RedHawks ..thank you for this video. Pakistani military is begging for weapons etc...my question is ...who is providing these taliban terrorists with all these weapons and explosives ?
This video makes me convinced first time that it seems Paki military is finally fighting Taliban they themselves created with the help of USA and Saudi Arabia to defeat Soviet Union.

Last edited:

Redhawk

RedHawks ..thank you for this video. Pakistani military is begging for weapons etc...my question is ...who is providing these taliban terrorists with all these weapons and explosives ?
This video makes me convinced first time that it seems Paki military is finally fighting Taliban they themselves created with the help of USA and Saudi Arabia to defeat Soviet Union.
Exactly right. The terrorist Taliban has turned on the Pakistani State and the Pakistani State is not that strong that it can easily resist the fanatical terrorists of the Taliban.

Redhawk

That's an old documentary.
Yes, it is but it is still informative.

If Pakistan was on the brink 6 years ago, how much more is it on the brink now?

Last edited:

Redhawk

ISIS (world's fearsome terrorist Org.)kills a jouno/aid worker in middle of Islamic state,they cover their faces or blur and post videos.They know if at all they reveal their identity US will assassinate them in 2/3 days even though US stands 6000+ km away from their location.

Now BLA/TTP kills Pork! army like a rats in FATA/Baloch'n, plays foot ball with their heads,torture them,throw dead bodies on roads and Post all these acts without covering their faces in internet.Pork!army just stands 100 km away from them,they know who is killers& their address.This is the state of Pak&their Army :pound:

Then Big Q is how Pak still holds it's fake borders through Paki army:

Thanks to US(west)/Saudi/Chi Aid.If they stop giving aid,pak will turn into Somalia2 .Any way US leaving Afg (with 10000 forces),Saudi not much interested in Nukes,China already knows check mate India through pak in not productive.Just grab some :pop: enjoy the show
Nuclear-armed Pakistan falls into anarchy with no effective government, like Somalia! That's a truly frightening prospect.

prohumanity

Country flag

ISIS (world's fearsome terrorist Org.)kills a jouno/aid worker in middle of Islamic state,they cover their faces or blur and post videos.They know if at all they reveal their identity US will assassinate them in 2/3 days even though US stands 6000+ km away from their location.

Now BLA/TTP kills Pork! army like a rats in FATA/Baloch'n, plays foot ball with their heads,torture them,throw dead bodies on roads and Post all these acts without covering their faces in internet.Pork!army just stands 100 km away from them,they know who is killers& their address.This is the state of Pak&their Army :pound:

Then Big Q is how Pak still holds it's fake borders through Paki army:

Thanks to US(west)/Saudi/Chi Aid.If they stop giving aid,pak will turn into Somalia2 .Any way US leaving Afg (with 10000 forces),Saudi not much interested in Nukes,China already knows check mate India through pak in not productive.Just grab some :pop: enjoy the show

DO you remember 1980s when Soviets modernised Afghanistan and installed Dr Babrak Karmal as a president. The president was killed by Talibn and his dead body was tied to a jeep and dragged thruout the streets of Kabul. Also, the m,odernised afghans were killed and their bodies hanged by lamp posts in Kabul. Then, Taliban put explosives and blew up the huge budha statues in Bahimia......QWhos was supporting those Taliban...Pakistani miliatry...and their handlers in Washington DC. Now, that those Taliban snakes they raised to destroy India are coming to bite Pakistan...they have to destroy their own snakes who were fed by milk provided by USA, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

Redhawk

I've sometimes wondered how long Pakistan would survive without foreign aid. It is a country that is propped up by foreign aid from the West, principally from the United States, of course. But if the U.S. and other Western donors of foreign aid to Pakistan starved Pakistan of foreign aid, how long would it take for the "country" to collapse? It would certainly fall to the fanatics and extremists but over what length of time?

Christopher Hitchens never had much time for Pakistan. The brief video below where he speaks says volumes about Pakistan.

dastan

I've sometimes wondered how long Pakistan would survive without foreign aid. It is a country that is propped up by foreign aid from the West, principally from the United States, of course. But if the U.S. and other Western donors of foreign aid to Pakistan starved Pakistan of foreign aid, how long would it take for the "country" to collapse? It would certainly fall to the fanatics and extremists but over what length of time?

Christopher Hitchens never had much time for Pakistan. The brief video below where he speaks says volumes about Pakistan.

Collapsing of Pakistan is not in the interest of West otherwise it would have happened long ago. The aid will continue and they'll ensure that it remains a failed state.

Redhawk

Collapsing of Pakistan is not in the interest of West otherwise it would have happened long ago. The aid will continue and they'll ensure that it remains a failed state.
Strategically, to a point that is true. But any country that has to be kept alive on the life-support system of foreign aid is not, in my view, a real country, a proper country. So for strategic reasons the U.S. pumps in infusions of money, at tremendous cost to the American taxpayer, to keep this entity, this construct, as Hitchens calls it, of Pakistan alive.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles