Pakistan Navy To Get New Submarines from China

Country flag
LF. LRDE is not looking for JV. What it is looking for instead is development partner who can supply required systems for its AESA MMR that includes X band array. If Israel finally backs out, then it will be CAPTOR-E for sure. LRDE is not developing fully indigenous version for LCA MK-2, atleast, time doesn't permits.
This was more US pressure and a message from USA for MRCA; that we can meddle/control your defense acquisitions and development.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Improved Yuan Class(039B) which was speculated to feature with new sonar and weapon system entered PLAN service.

View attachment 159497

By means of SPECIAL WEAPONS, The sub may be armed with Cruise missile at vertical launchers located at conical tower..

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Improved Yuan Class(039B) which was speculated to feature with new sonar and weapon system entered PLAN service.

View attachment 159497

By means of SPECIAL WEAPONS, The sub may be armed with Cruise missile at vertical launchers located at conical tower..
This sub, estimated to displace around 4000 ton underwater, is substantially larger than Yuan and is probably too larger to be a conventional attack submarine. Many people, me included, think it is a replacement for the lone Golf-class test sub, and thus no additional units will be built.

Pakistani Nationalist

Pakistan has no option, it doesn't have money to buy U-212/214 from Germany, something in which PN was taking lot of interest. Cheap-Chinese is their last option. Can't wait to read about Pakistanis claiming this a joint project with best in the world tag.
BS.... The germans were ready to give it on soft loans.... but the negotiations didnt fall through............ while we could very well do customisation in these subs like LACM,naval babur CM etc.

sandeepdg

BS.... The germans were ready to give it on soft loans.... but the negotiations didnt fall through............ while we could very well do customisation in these subs like LACM,naval babur CM etc.
Great, let's wait and see all the awesome customization you come up with. You got me really interested there !

Rahul Singh

Country flag
And it failed because Germans cleared that soft loans not equals to soft-loan cum forgettable loan. A nation whose Prime minister and President begs for alms and whose militerary runs on that can not be a chooser.

JayATL

i have yet to read experts take on anything made by china. china never puts out any issues with any of its military hardware, so a big question mark remains if its a tin pot or a jewel. I wish we had specs on these submarines..

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Is it true that pakistan is getting 6 nuclear powered QING class submarines?

what are your thoughts?

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
whats will be the avg estimated price of qing class submarines in USD?

charlyondfi

Well, just like the Akula 2 deal between Russia and india. China had ratified NPT, so at most it can only "lease" to Pakistan -- unless it want to risk for this "brother state"...

I believe it's a matter of time (can be as short as 1 decade), nuclear weapon will be the only deterrence Pakistan can count on for India's strike, preemptive or not. N-Sub will be on top of that force. Perhaps then you will hear Pakistan induct its own n-sub, "with China's help"... ...

My question will be: when that scenario -- Pakistan no more has other effective deterrence but nuke -- comes true, exactly India is safer or not?

Last edited:

agentperry

when it comes to pakistan-china relationship. nothing can be said. it depends on the tightening of pakistan and what character certificate world is willing to give to china on passing over nuclear tech to pakistan a nation which is eye soar to not one two but dozens of prominent nation in the world.

Iamanidiot

The Chinese themselves do not have nukes on patrolling nuclear subs.A nuke sub in the hands of a pakistani boy a nuke in ladens hand is much safes

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
QING Class SSK's are not nuclear powered, but a class of new generation of chinese diesel-electric submarines (may have AIP)

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Well, just like the Akula 2 deal between Russia and india. China had ratified NPT, so at most it can only "lease" to Pakistan -- unless it want to risk for this "brother state"...

I believe it's a matter of time (can be as short as 1 decade), nuclear weapon will be the only deterrence Pakistan can count on for India's strike, preemptive or not. N-Sub will be on top of that force. Perhaps then you will hear Pakistan induct its own n-sub, "with China's help"... ...

My question will be: when that scenario -- Pakistan no more has other effective deterrence but nuke -- comes true, exactly India is safer or not?
Well one thing I can say that after 10 odd years there would not be a country called as Pakistan if they carry their work like this as a country.........:doh: :doh: :doh: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles