Pakistan In Negotiations For More F-16s

Country flag
Agreed, but how long do you expect the F-16 plant to be open on the balance 14 no's that Pakistan is requesting for, Viz-a-Viz the 126++ (+ Billions of Dollars) Jets the MMRCA has to offer.

One must remember some 30k jobs are at stake in US which are directly related to the MMRCA deal. (F-16 & F/A-18 production lines)....

This double play by USofA must not work, there must be a Clear NO to both the American Jets in the MMRCA...
The govt should have made this clear long ago but there is a clear bias; USA is the only country in MRCA with two planes.

Atul

Founding Member
The govt should have made this clear long ago but there is a clear bias; USA is the only country in MRCA with two planes.
Being biased towards USofA is not new, especially after the Congress led government inclined more toward them, one must understand that INDIA must seek the best of the available technologies from all possible sources & also parallel foster growth of Domestic Defense Industry.

But INDIA must not fell to the American Trap. (i.e., Selling a F-15E Strike Eagle to the Royal Saudi Air Force & F-16 to the Israeli Air Force, a AH-64A to the Saudi's & AH-64D tp the Israeli's)

Similarly they are offering IAF a F16IN (Block -60) & a F-16C/D Block 52+ to the PAF...

I see no reason as to why the IAF needs to go for the F-16, just to save american jobs???

Secondly the IAF is looking for replacements for the MIG-21 so why to go for a Twin Engine F/A-18 Super Hornet. the requirement is for a Medium aircraft not a Heavy one. (infact by the Americans pitching in the F/A-18 Super Hornet as a medium class jet, has reconfirmed the fact that the SH is no Match to our heavy weight fighter - MKI.)

Last edited:

pankaj nema

Country flag
US Pakistan relations are in a bad shape and only getting worse

There is no way that Pakistan will get more F 16 .Impossible

OTOH China wants to successfully demonstrate the capabilities of its J 10 B

Because so far China has entered the international combat plane market with only JF 17

J 10 B is being developed to compete with F 16s

sob

Mod
Country flag
From this article 2 points come out

1. The Chinese aircraft are not giving the same bang for bucks as the F 16, contrary to what the Pakistani's have been claiming all over.
2. With the Mirage and F 7 s being phased out PAF is looking at a reduced inventory similar to what the IAF is facing today.

With the Davis affair rolling out it will be very difficult for the US administration to sanction fresh weapon systems to the Pakistani's.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
With the Davis affair rolling out it will be very difficult for the US administration to sanction fresh weapon systems to the Pakistani's.
Or it could be a quid pro quo for the Davis' release as it has far wider implications in international diplomacy for US.

Blackwater

India should learn from pak. How a beggar country modernize it's army,navy, airforce by begging. Where as India can't do it with own money in hand....

Last edited by a moderator:

sandeepdg

Under the condition prevalent and the state of the relations between US and Pakistan, I think the US won't oblige to Pakistan's request for more F-16 anytime soon, even if it does. And I also hope, our leaders don't commit the mistake of giving the MMRCA contract to the Americans. I don't want to see either the F-16 or SH in IAF.

Country flag
From this article 2 points come out

1. The Chinese aircraft are not giving the same bang for bucks as the F 16, contrary to what the Pakistani's have been claiming all over.
2. With the Mirage and F 7 s being phased out PAF is looking at a reduced inventory similar to what the IAF is facing today.

If nuclear proliferation could not stop F-16 delivery,then this is nothing.

SHASH2K2

I am sure after Raymond Davis settlement chances are very bright that Pakistan will be getting F16s now. question is when it will be declared.

Oracle

The title of the thread is misleading, Pakistan does not have the audacity for negotiations. It's what they are good at - begging!

mayfair

India should learn from pak. How a beggar country modernize it's army,navy, airforce by begging. Where as India can't do it with own money in hand....
Correction..It should be how a shameless beggar country can modernise it's army, navy, airforce and enriching the R.A.P.E by holding a gun to its temple. Not sure if I wish to emulate that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles