Pakistan in Guinness Book for planting trees, breaks Indian record

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pak in Guinness Book for planting trees, breaks Indian record

Islamabad (PTI) Pakistan entered the Guinness Book of World Records by planting 541,176 saplings in one day, breaking the Indian record of 447,874 trees set on June 12.

The plantations started from sunrise and went on till the sunset, following the parameter of Guinness Book of Records.

Pakistan's environment ministry organised the event as part of series of activities arranged to observe the National Year of Environment, also aiming to develop forest resources through international contests.

Three hundred planters in green jackets planted local species at Keti Bandar, in Thatta district, about 150 km in southeast of Karachi.

The Indian record of sapling plantation this year had beaten Mexico's of 3,48,493 trees, Associated Press of Pakistan reported.

The event was overseen by representative of International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Tahir Qureshi and independent monitor Marvi Memo, both nominees of Guinness World Record.

A representative of the world body Adil Ahmed was also present. He handed over a shield and certificate of Guinness World Record to Environment Minister Hamidullah Jan Afridi in 'maximum tree plantation' category, the report said.

The Hindu News Update Service

Antimony

Pak in Guinness Book for planting trees, breaks Indian record

Islamabad (PTI) Pakistan entered the Guinness Book of World Records by planting 541,176 saplings in one day, breaking the Indian record of 447,874 trees set on June 12.

The plantations started from sunrise and went on till the sunset, following the parameter of Guinness Book of Records.

Pakistan's environment ministry organised the event as part of series of activities arranged to observe the National Year of Environment, also aiming to develop forest resources through international contests.

Three hundred planters in green jackets planted local species at Keti Bandar, in Thatta district, about 150 km in southeast of Karachi.

The Indian record of sapling plantation this year had beaten Mexico's of 3,48,493 trees, Associated Press of Pakistan reported.

The event was overseen by representative of International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Tahir Qureshi and independent monitor Marvi Memo, both nominees of Guinness World Record.

A representative of the world body Adil Ahmed was also present. He handed over a shield and certificate of Guinness World Record to Environment Minister Hamidullah Jan Afridi in 'maximum tree plantation' category, the report said.

The Hindu News Update Service
I suppose I should be happy that at least time around they are competing in an area that would actually benefit everyone. I hope they try and break this record too:113:

IBM

planting tree is good but who will maintain them ....taliban????????????

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
I see... their Army is as usual engaged in activities that do neither them nor us any good... wasn't their army supposed to be fighting the Taliban??? I guess they gave up and reverted to planting saplings instead... :D:D:D:D:D

How many of their soldiers were involved in this??? A few battalions maybe, which certainly could have been used more constructively elsewhere given the shoddy state of affairs in that place...

indian_sukhoi

Applauds to them who made this possible. Hope India breaks the record they made in future.

Monk,........The article said nothing about Pakistan Army. It was done by civilians of thier Country.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Congrats,
I hope to see India and Pakistan competing against one another in such endeavors.

Arjak

Respected Member
Country flag
Agreed singhji.....this is really great,a great achivement and an ideal platform to compete in.......hope india breaks this record again and the game goes on like this

p2prada

The Guinness Book people will be very busy.

Over 8 lakh trees planted in one day in TN - India - NEWS - The Times of India

Over 8 lakh trees planted in one day in TN
TNN 18 October 2006, 02:29am IST
CHENNAI: In an incredible effort for preservation of ecology on a single day, 8,13,226 saplings were planted in Tamil Nadu on Tuesday.

The feat, achieved by Project Green Hands volunteers and led by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev of Isha Foundation, will now enter the Guinness Book of Records.

Sadhguru's message for the 2,15,700 volunteers, including students who participated in the plantation of 30 varieties of saplings, was: "On this day, what all of you have done is a privilege very few in this world enjoy. You have created something far bigger than yourselves, and will live well beyond you.

This massive expression of concern and commitment for the well being of all is unique and I am sure it will inspire many around the world to emulate the same."

The first two saplings were planted at the Gopalpuram residence of chief minister M Karunanidhi on Sunday. The rest were planted on Tuesday. The last sapling was planted in the garden of Raj Bhavan with the Sadhguru assisting governor Surjit Singh Barnala.

The exercise began early in the morning across Tamil Nadu's 27 districts and Puducherry (Pondicherry) on the premises of 33 government organisations, 11 NGOs, 47 industrial areas, 12 corporates and six institutions.
I guess that breaks the record.:D

Vikramaditya

Country flag
At least some good step from pakistan.....?

Or Pakistan may be preparing new hide out for terrorist organization!:girl_devil:

Arjak

Respected Member
Country flag
At least some good step from pakistan.....?

Or Pakistan may be preparing new hide out for terrorist organization!:girl_devil:
hi vikramaditya, welcome to dfi....,....this is a request to you and all our great members of dfi----please dont make mockery of each and every thread regarding pakistan,yes they are a country torn apart by state sponsored terrorism,BUT THESE ARE CERTAINLY GOOD STEPS AND A WAY TO IMPROVE PAKISTAN......we can certainly cheer them for the goods in their country,which will help make pak better and gift india a better neighbour.......this would also make dfi better, for sure......thnx

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
hi vikramaditya, welcome to dfi....,....this is a request to you and all our great members of dfi----please dont make mockery of each and every thread regarding pakistan,yes they are a country torn apart by state sponsored terrorism,BUT THESE ARE CERTAINLY GOOD STEPS AND A WAY TO IMPROVE PAKISTAN......we can certainly cheer them for the goods in their country,which will help make pak better and gift india a better neighbour.......this would also make dfi better, for sure......thnx

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
This is coming from the people who says Pakistani 's are indoctrinated and are biased toward Indians :)

Flint

Well, Congrats Pakistan. I hope that both countries make it a point to beat the other in this competition. We need more trees!!

Arjak

Respected Member
Country flag
You have forgot that this terrorist organization were widely supported by pakistan.
Now the so called WOT, they are only acting against bad taliban(taliban against pakistan) what about co called good taliban(terrorist BLEEDING INDIA, US,UK soon).
They are doing this for billion of $USD and under US pressure,belive me they will not even touch the organization against INDIA and OTHER COUNTRY.
They are their main asset you have forgot kargil war and terror attack in mumbai but not INDIA.
You may love pakistan but not me.

I HOPE PAKISTAN HAVE CUT THE ROOT OF TERRORISM INSTEAD PLANTING TREES FOR SOME KIND OF RECORD:((
oh ok.....i understand the cause for ur frustration,but i guess this isn't the right thread to shed it!....there are threads for talib and terrorism sponsored by pak!.....edit--- i dont luv pak buddy,nor do i hate someone blindly!

J

JattDaDanda

nice comments man. :2guns::2guns::2guns:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Members please heed Arjak's advice. This thread is not about Pakistan sponsored terrorism. All off-topic posts will be deleted and infractions will be handed.

Vikramaditya

Country flag
oh ok.....i understand the cause for ur frustration,but i guess this isn't the right thread to shed it!....there are threads for talib and terrorism sponsored by pak!.....edit--- i dont luv pak buddy,nor do i hate someone blindly!
Ok da i will post according to thread but i am not wrong.GN

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles