Pakistan hosts international conference on calligraphy

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
No Operation

The exhibition exhibited a unique assortment of Islamic and Quranic Manuscript created by masters of this art.

Artists from Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan and Iran put on display their masterpieces of Pen Calligraphy, not only matchless in their rendering, but also have historic values as they are from the 1st, 8th, 9th, 11th and 13th Century Hijra.

The conference was inaugurated by a welcome meeting of all the foreign delegates.

Syed Babar Ali, a prominent academician and social figure, said this exhibition is a valiant effort in reviving the dying art of Calligraphy.

Iran's calligrapher Kazem Khurasani, was amongst those who attracted visitors by his beautiful and expressive calligraphy. Kazem said he was honored to be in Pakistan and was impressed by the talent he has seen in Pakistani calligraphers.

The exhibition also highlighted unique pieces of Quranic manuscripts, displayed in various styles of writing known as "Khat".

The visitors said they are happy to be able to witness, different forms of arts and calligraphic representations of different countries under one roof.

Experts say the exhibition is a valiant effort in reviving the dying art of Calligraphy in Pakistan and a healthy practice to bring Muslim countries closer.

Sarir-e-Khama: Art of the Pen calligraphy conference is focused on bringing together histories and cultures of countries like Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq. The beautiful work of the pen is soothing hearts of the locals and re-living history in its diversified representation.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I lost my good handwriting once I entered college let alone do calligraphy. Seriously is a great "art" those who can write well. My cousin has beautiful handwriting as well as calligraphy in Arabic.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
I lost my good handwriting once I entered college let alone do calligraphy. Seriously is a great "art" those who can write well. My cousin has beautiful handwriting as well as calligraphy in Arabic.
It sure is a great art. I am learning Thulth script of arabic writing which is the most beautiful script. The above conference was arranged by my Ustad , Irfan Ahmed Qureshi :). That Iranian Kazem Khursani was really good, i attended his workshop in sarrer i khama

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles