critics say seeks to conceal the actual
defense budget.
In addition to this, military would also
be given Rs 165 billion under the
contingent liability and Rs 85 billion
under the Coalition Support Fund (CSF)

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
nothing to worry until they are using there budget on obsolete equipment like jf17 , and all chinese equipment and their budget is somewhat 8 billion and most of this goes to salaries of soldier and maintenance
and the funny part is just 10% to navy , that's nearly 800 million, considering the high maintenance of equipment of navies , salaries , diesel cost etc. the budget will hardy can be useful to new purchase
1.5 billion to air force , again maintenance of aircrafts, salaries, cost of fuel . So no more purchase
again army , salaries of 5 lakh soldiers, then many other workers , maintenance, fuel cost etc. And just 5 billion !
this budget can hardly be used for infrastructure development

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
@Neo, the express tribune article exactly confirms what I was discussing with you the other day, in a separate thread about the topic at hand. Though terminology wise what I called extra budgetary expenditure is mentioned as contingent liability. Though I am not sure whether it includes the repayment on loans.

But, the moot point is now, you can see for yourself how ignorantly your legislatures and advisers were arguing the case of increase in defense budget, while comparing the absolute figure with other country's budget which didn't have same base. Also, ignoring the the basis the world over for comparison, which is % of GDP.

Now, 11.5 billion US $ is nearly 5% of your GDP and 28% of your spending.

Also, as you claim you have insider info. on Pakistan Nuclear stockpile. You can add that cost to see the proper impact on your economy.

There are other factors to add also, but let's not go into that territory except you add in the commercial ventures of your army too into account.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo

@Neo, the express tribune article exactly confirms what I was discussing with you the other day, in a separate thread about the topic at hand. Though terminology wise what I called extra budgetary expenditure is mentioned as contingent liability. Though I am not sure whether it includes the repayment on loans.

But, the moot point is now, you can see for yourself how ignorantly your legislatures and advisers were arguing the case of increase in defense budget, while comparing the absolute figure with other country's budget which didn't have same base. Also, ignoring the the basis the world over for comparison, which is % of GDP.

Now, 11.5 billion US $ is nearly 5% of your GDP and 28% of your spending.

Also, as you claim you have insider info. on Pakistan Nuclear stockpile. You can add that cost to see the proper impact on your economy.

There are other factors to add also, but let's not go into that territory except you add in the commercial ventures of your army too into account.
Journalists are not qualified analysts but the hike in defence budget is confirmed and will be $11.5 billion this year and around $15billion next year. The budget does not include new purcases, they will account.for additional $2-3 billion this year and double that amount next FY.

I have no inside info about the nuclear stockpile but I am well informed about military affairs and get first hand and reliable information all the time. I do not speculate on.media reports unless I know they are true. I commented on.the Russian arms deal and the Jordanian F-16's because I already knew the details.

The russian deal is huge, it includes new and more powerful RD-93MA for JF-17's block 3, the AL-31FN for FC-20 and few more surprises.

More used F-16's are on the way as well.

ladder

Country flag
Journalists are not qualified analysts but the hike in defence budget is confirmed and will be $11.5 billion this year and around $15billion next year. The budget does not include new purcases, they will account.for additional $2-3 billion this year and double that amount next FY.

I have no inside info about the nuclear stockpile but I am well informed about military affairs and get first hand and reliable information all the time. I do not speculate on.media reports unless I know they are true. I commented on.the Russian arms deal and the Jordanian F-16's because I already knew the details.

The russian deal is huge, it includes new and more powerful RD-93MA for JF-17's block 3, the AL-31FN for FC-20 and few more surprises.

It wasn't a journalist who had done the analysis.

"Pakistan's defence allocation (US$5.7 billion approximately) is the lowest as compared to rising defence budget of India US$37.256 billion, China $115 billion, and Turkey $19.1 billion," Additional Secretary Ministry of defence Air Vice Marshal Arshad Quddus told the committee meeting, which was specially called for the defence budget briefing.

According to the United Nations, Pakistan had a gross domestic product of US $215 billion in the year 2012. In comparison, GDP for Turkey was recorded at $788 billion, India at $1,875bn, and China at $8,358bn.
‘Pakistan’s defence spending lowest in region’ - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Unless you are implying and I wouldn't hold anything against you for it, that Air Vice Marshal isn't a qualified analyst, as it is quite possible as far as Pakistan is concerned.

==============================

So, it's amply clear that Pakistan spends heavily to maintain it's military and all the grand standing about working on shoe string budget and producing miracles from pennies, was just a grand standing after all.

=================================

It's a massage to those authors who had written the the following paper to please kindly visit DFI to know the truth.

Yet both countries' defence spending continued to rise in real terms, especially in the period 1998-2010, with India's defence expenditures growing in constant dollars from some $20 billion to over $45 billion and Pakistan's from slightly below $5 billion to slightly more than $5 billion over this period.
Heavy military spending hurting India, Pakistan: US report - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

===========================

It not a concern for India, what you spend on your military.

In your initial years as a country till you were a part SEATO and CENTO, wherein you received military aid to maintain 'divisions' of army, you were spending 75% of your yearly spending on your defense.

You can still go back to that era.

=======================================

Did you really believe, that anybody here at DFI believed you when you said you had 'sources' about the nuclear stockpile of Pakistan?

========================================

In another reply, I mentioned, from when I was aware of the Russian talks, I still wouldn't call it a done deal.

About, Jordanian F-16 personally, I had no prior information rather than that you are on the market looking for F-16s. But, then again you perennially are!

=======================================

Russian deal is huge, maybe it is.

RD-93 and AL-31FN if any will be re-exported through China. So I wouldn't term it as Pak-Russia deal.

But, your assertion of using RD-xx series engine in block-3 gives rise to a question, which block will house WS-xx engine? or that engine is shelved?

I don't know, a engine which was called noisy and smoky by your country men, will be favored over the mighty Chinese one? Strange?

=========================

blueblood

So after the hike Pakistan's defence budget is slightly more than their forex reserves. Doesn't seem like a bright idea to me.

Blackwater

who will pay ???

Neo

I don't care what you or DFI thinks of me, what matters is that I don't post half baked truths or jingoistic bs on Pak military.

There will be no reexport of engines through China as we have our own assembly line for JF-17 in PAC Karma. The AL-31F for FC-20 if approved will be fitted into the jets by China with end user waiver for Pakistan as the deal would be struck with both China and Russia. Only differemce is that we won't have to go thru the the same hurdles as with the original deal.

RD-93MA is already evaluated and approved by PAF. WS series were only a back up, we have always been cinfident of Russian supplies. China might opt to develop the WS engine for the international export market.

Blackwater

Don't worry about us.

Have you cleared the defaulted payment of US1.01 billion to USA already? :laugh::laugh:
dont worry about us:laugh::laugh:

u have defaulted and faulted several countries think about about that first.

specially ur Muslim neighbor iran, who refused to fill petrol in ganja plane for just 5000$ .yeah ha tumari aukat:lol::lol:

Reactions: jus

Neo

@lurker baba @pmaitra, could you please moderate the thread. I believe this too is a serious topic.
Thanks

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
@lurker baba @pmaitra, could you please moderate the thread. I believe this too is a serious topic.
Thanks
This is NOT a Paki forum where any FACTS would be deleted going against Pakistan.

Set your expectations right.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
nothing to worry until they are using there budget on obsolete equipment like jf17 , and all chinese equipment and their budget is somewhat 8 billion and most of this goes to salaries of soldier and maintenance
and the funny part is just 10% to navy , that's nearly 800 million, considering the high maintenance of equipment of navies , salaries , diesel cost etc. the budget will hardy can be useful to new purchase
1.5 billion to air force , again maintenance of aircrafts, salaries, cost of fuel . So no more purchase
again army , salaries of 5 lakh soldiers, then many other workers , maintenance, fuel cost etc. And just 5 billion !
this budget can hardly be used for infrastructure development
Yeah, more important is how this increased Budget is used.

Also India SHOULD increase it's Defense Budget since we need modernization on a massive scale.Start with AF.

bennedose

bennedose

So after the hike Pakistan's defence budget is slightly more than their forex reserves. Doesn't seem like a bright idea to me.
It's even brighter than that
Education budget decreased despite promises - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
ISLAMABAD: Although the government has been claiming that it has given importance to education sector and that the education budget has been increased, it is just a game of figures.

In real terms, the federal education budget, announced on June 3 has been decreased by over Rs1 billion. And if inflation is accounted for, it is surprising to note that the education budget has been decreased by 11 per cent.

Due to this, it seems that the allocation of four per cent of gross domestic product (GDP) for education will remain a distant dream, Dawn has learnt.
As long as Hafiz Saeed is taking sons for jihad, why bother building schools. Daughters are meant for babies - not education

bennedose

Defense budget has been jacked up to Rs700. 2 billion for the 2014-15 fiscal year
Defence budget gets jacked up. Education gets jacked. Defence budget for Pakistan is 800% more than education budget. A nation full of illiterate people in a huge army :rofl: That is Pakistaniyat for you

Education budget decreased despite promises - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
It is pertinent to mention that an estimate of Rs80 billion was announced for education in the fiscal budget of 2013-14. And during a revised estimate, a budget of Rs87.8 billion was allocated.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles