Pakistan has 'grave concerns' over violence in Kashmir

DEJAVU

India Kill many kashmiris, Burned Quran,,,

India Kill many kashmiris, Burned Quran,,,

Indian gov't forces in Kashmir kill 4 villagers protesting over alleged desecration of Quran..

Indian gov't forces in Kashmir kill 4 villagers protesting over alleged desecration of Quran - 7/18/2013 8:17:05 AM | Newser

Government forces in the Indian portion of Kashmir on Thursday fatally shot four villagers and wounded 25 others who were protesting the alleged desecration of the Muslim holy book by border guards, police said.

Article continues below

Kashmiri protesters throw stones at Indian paramilitary soldiers during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian portion of Kashmir say government forces have fatally shot four villagers and wounded 25 others who were protesting the alleged...

Kashmiri protesters throw stones at Indian paramilitary soldiers during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian... (Associated Press)

Indian policemen detain Chairman of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) Yasin Malik, center, during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian portion of Kashmir say government forces have fatally shot four villagers and wounded 25 others...

Indian policemen detain Chairman of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) Yasin Malik, center, during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July... (Associated Press)

Kashmiri protesters throw stones at Indian paramilitary soldiers during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian portion of Kashmir say government forces have fatally shot four villagers and wounded 25 others who were protesting the alleged...

Kashmiri protesters throw stones at Indian paramilitary soldiers during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian... (Associated Press)

Indian policemen detain a senior leader of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) Javed Ahmad Mir during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian portion of Kashmir said government forces fatally shot four villagers and wounded...

Indian policemen detain a senior leader of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) Javed Ahmad Mir during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday,... (Associated Press)

Kashmiris run past a burning tire during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian portion of Kashmir said government forces fatally shot four villagers and wounded 25 others who were protesting the alleged desecration of the...

Kashmiris run past a burning tire during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian portion of Kashmir said government... (Associated Press)

Kashmiri lawyers shout slogans during a protest against the killing of villagers by security forces in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian portion of Kashmir said government forces fatally shot four villagers and wounded 25 others who were protesting the alleged desecration of the Quran by...

Kashmiri lawyers shout slogans during a protest against the killing of villagers by security forces in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian portion of Kashmir said government... (Associated Press)

Indian policemen walk near a burning tire during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian portion of Kashmir said government forces fatally shot four villagers and wounded 25 others who were protesting the alleged desecration of...

Indian policemen walk near a burning tire during a protest against the killing of four villagers Wednesday night, in Srinagar, India, Thursday, July 18, 2013. Police in the Indian portion of Kashmir said... (Associated Press)

The violence _ which came during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan _ could trigger widespread protests in the disputed Himalayan region, with separatist groups that reject India's sovereignty over the region calling for three days of strikes and demonstrations beginning Friday.

The protesters accused the Indian Border Security Force soldiers of entering a religious seminary Wednesday night looking for Kashmiri militants in Dharam, a village 220 kilometers (140 miles) south of Srinagar, the main city in Indian Kashmir.

The head of the seminary, Qari Shabir, said the border guards tore pages of several copies of the Quran after beating a school caretaker.

As thousands of villagers marched to the seminary on Thursday to protest the alleged desecration of the Qurans, government forces opened fire to stop them, wounding several, Shabir said.

After the protesters dispersed, civil and police authorities reached the village and tried to calm the angry villagers, he said.

Thousands of people from other areas then came and joined the protesters. They resumed the march, leading to scuffles with government forces, who again fired at the protesters, Shabir said.

"We were protesting the desecration of the holy book and instead of looking into this heinous act, they fired at us," Shabir said.

Four of the villagers were killed and 25 were wounded, said a police officer who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to reporters.

Rajiv Krishna, a top Border Security Force officer, said the guards showed restraint despite the protesters trying to storm their camp.

Indian Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde ordered a probe into the incident. "I assure that any use of excessive force or irresponsible action shall be dealt with strictly," he said in a statement.

Rights groups say such investigations rarely lead to prosecutions and are mainly used to try to calm public anger.

Officials said thousands of people gathered in the area to protest Thursday's incident. Protests also took place in other parts of Kashmir, and a key highway was closed.

Separately on Thursday, gunmen fired at a former administrator of a government-run hospital on the outskirts of Srinagar, killing his two police guards, police said.

Sheikh Jalal-ud-din, a renowned cardiologist, was hospitalized with serious wounds, a police officer said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to reporters.

The motive was unclear, but police blamed militants fighting against Indian rule for the attack.

Kashmir is divided between India and Pakistan, with both countries claiming the disputed Himalayan region in its entirety.

Anti-India feelings run deep in Indian-held Kashmir, where about a dozen rebel groups have been fighting against Indian rule since 1989. More than 68,000 people have been killed in the conflict.

The rebel groups have largely been suppressed by Indian troops in recent years, and resistance is now principally expressed through street protests.

DEJAVU

Re: India Kill many kashmiris, Burned Quran,,,

Indian gov't forces kill 4 protesters in Kashmir

SRINAGAR, India (AP) — Government forces in the Indian portion of Kashmir on Thursday fatally shot four villagers and wounded 25 others who were protesting the alleged desecration of the Muslim holy book by border guards, police said.

The violence — which came during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan — could trigger widespread protests in the disputed Himalayan region, with separatist groups that reject India's sovereignty over the region calling for three days of strikes and demonstrations beginning Friday.

The protesters accused the Indian Border Security Force soldiers of entering a religious seminary Wednesday night looking for Kashmiri militants in Dharam, a village 220 kilometers (140 miles) south of Srinagar, the main city in Indian Kashmir.

The head of the seminary, Qari Shabir, said the border guards tore pages of several copies of the Quran after beating a school caretaker.

As thousands of villagers marched to the seminary on Thursday to protest the alleged desecration of the Qurans, government forces opened fire to stop them, wounding several, Shabir said.

After the protesters dispersed, civil and police authorities reached the village and tried to calm the angry villagers, he said.

Thousands of people from other areas then came and joined the protesters. They resumed the march, leading to scuffles with government forces, who again fired at the protesters, Shabir said.

"We were protesting the desecration of the holy book and instead of looking into this heinous act, they fired at us," Shabir said.

Four of the villagers were killed and 25 were wounded, said a police officer who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to reporters.

Rajiv Krishna, a top Border Security Force officer, said the guards showed restraint despite the protesters trying to storm their camp.

Indian Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde ordered a probe into the incident. "I assure that any use of excessive force or irresponsible action shall be dealt with strictly," he said in a statement.

Rights groups say such investigations rarely lead to prosecutions and are mainly used to try to calm public anger.

Officials said thousands of people gathered in the area to protest Thursday's incident. Protests also took place in other parts of Kashmir, and a key highway was closed.

Separately on Thursday, gunmen fired at a former administrator of a government-run hospital on the outskirts of Srinagar, killing his two police guards, police said.

Sheikh Jalal-ud-din, a renowned cardiologist, was hospitalized with serious wounds, a police officer said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to reporters.

The motive was unclear, but police blamed militants fighting against Indian rule for the attack.

Kashmir is divided between India and Pakistan, with both countries claiming the disputed Himalayan region in its entirety.

Anti-India feelings run deep in Indian-held Kashmir, where about a dozen rebel groups have been fighting against Indian rule since 1989. More than 68,000 people have been killed in the conflict.

The rebel groups have largely been suppressed by Indian troops in recent years, and resistance is now principally expressed through street protests.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

@DEJAVU
yes dejavu iam a kashmiri syed muslim please save me from these evil chanakyans.they treat us like a subhuman.
we are not even allowed to pee without an indian masters telling us to do so.

please pakistan should launch nukes on new delhi and kill these hindus.

ontopic-there is nothing such as srinagar is burning or sh8t.
ajtak showed tourists appealing to media to stop overhyping the incident and that tourists are safe and guess what???
srinagar is not burning :namaste:

Last edited by a moderator:

DEJAVU

@DEJAVU
yes dejavu iam a kashmiri syed muslim please save me from these evil chanakyans.they treat us like a subhuman.

ajtak showed tourists appealing to media to stop overhyping the incident and that tourists are safe and guess what???
I know many Kashmiri syed they hate India more than I, ME, Myself....
Enjoy your tour to India..

Decklander

You can create any type of riot in India by claiming that Islam is in danger and By stating that Quraan has been torn. But no one ever produces those torn pieces of Quraan or that torn Quraan itself.

Decklander

@DEJAVU

You blo**dy Bhadu** go to Pakistan. I will pay for your ticket. At least we will have one less traitor in India.

DEJAVU

You blo**dy Bhadu** go to Pakistan. I will pay for your ticket. At least we will have one less traitor in India.
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHH.

I agree with you, you should kick his ass out from India, they are Gaddaars of India...
Even I can pay his ticket to anywhere else.
He is a traitor....:)

How can u deal such people in India....

DEJAVU

@DEJAVU

what can u say about Ishrat Jehan???

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

are you sh8tting me????
i was just trolling b8tch.
why you have to do this to me.did you even read my whole post???

DEJAVU

are you sh8tting me????
i was just trolling b8tch.
why you have to do this to me.did you even read my whole post???
he has the right to say anything my friend :)

DEJAVU

can anyone tell me what really had happened in Kashmir, burning quran and all that stuff.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

what the f???

now you all are confusing me :confused:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

can anyone tell me what really had happened in Kashmir, burning quran and all that stuff.
nada.
all made up stuff to ignite the fire.
srinagar is not burning and tourists are enjoying dal lake and stuff :namaste:

DEJAVU

nada.
all made up stuff to ignite the fire.
srinagar is not burning and tourists are enjoying dal lake and stuff :namaste:
but bro news is Indian forces kill 15 and disrespect Quran and KAshmir trend is hot in twitter reporting these stuffs..

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

but bro news is Indian forces kill 15 and disrespect Quran and KAshmir trend is hot in twitter reporting these stuffs..
you found what you seek.
indian army is an professional army.we have a masjid,gurudwara,mandir and girja ghar in army schools.this news is too fake to believe.

yeah but 6 people have been killed because they wanted bsf to surrender so bsf used there full force.

but nothing like srinagar burning

DEJAVU

you found what you seek.
indian army is an professional army.we have a masjid,gurudwara,mandir and girja ghar in army schools.this news is too fake to believe.

yeah but 6 people have been killed because they wanted bsf to surrender so bsf used there full force.

but nothing like srinagar burning
OK I believe you and your every word, May God bless kashmiris in Ramadan.
I know India army is a pro and india has masjids, temples and guru dhwara, but kashmiris don't want themselves to accede with India...

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

OK I believe you and your every word, May God bless kashmiris in Ramadan.
I know India army is a pro and india has masjids, temples and guru dhwara, but kashmiris don't want themselves to accede with India...
kashmir ghati is not whole j&k.
lets solve this UN way.pakistan removes army from pok.we settle all the kashmiri pandits and sardars in kashmir ghati and then have elections.
sounds fair to me.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles