Pakistan 'expanding nuclear arsenal to deter US attack'

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

ref:INS Arihant. Nuclear Navy

INS Arihant. Nuclear NavyAuthor: Dr. Vijay Sakhuja

The 6000 ton INS Arihant (Destroyer of Enemies) entered its home of sea water after the customary Indian prayers had been performed and the traditional coconut broken on the hull.

This indigenously built nuclear-powered submarine codenamed Advanced Technology Vessel (ATV) had been shrouded in secrecy for over a decade and was for the first time put to public view during its launch ceremony in Vishakhapatnam on July 26, 2009 to serve the Indian Navy over the next forty years.

Speaking at the launch ceremony, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh stated that India did not have "any aggressive designs" and "an external environment in our region and beyond that is conducive to our peaceful development and the protection of our value systems" was critical. Significantly, INS Arihant, with its armory of a dozen 700 km range Sagarika missiles, completes India's nuclear triad and in that context Indian Defence Minister AK Antony observed that INS Arihant supports India's "no first use" nuclear weapons policy. India plans to construct two more such platforms but the missile to be fitted on the new vessels is still not known. While INS Arihant has been built with Russian technological assistance, it is a technology demonstrator for India since such platforms require special materials and techniques for the construction of the hull and the nuclear power plant.

Reacting to the launch of INS Arihant, the Pakistani naval spokesperson has observed that the nuclear-powered submarine is a 'destabilising step' and that it could trigger an 'arms race'. He further noted that the government of Pakistan has to decide on the development of a nuclear submarine. In the past, Pakistani naval leadership has often argued that Pakistan being a nuclear power, must possess different means of delivery and a submarine offers the most credible delivery system. Pakistan began planning for a nuclear submarine soon after India acquired on lease INS Chakra in 1988. It was observed that the acquisition of nuclear submarines by India had exposed the vulnerability of Pakistan's sea flank. Pakistan approached Canada for a conventional nuclear hybrid submarine and by 1990 Islamabad made enquiry at several other sources including China to buy nuclear submarines. Pakistan even had plans to train about two hundred personnel for the proposed submarine.
In May 1999, the Pakistan Navy was assigned a 'nuclear role' and the 'Strategic Directorate' was constituted at the Naval Headquarters. Reportedly, the Chairman of Nuclear Planning Commission (NPC) inaugurated KPC-3, a nuclear submarine project at Peshawar in 2001. Soon thereafter, Pakistan Navy announced that it was thinking of equipping its submarines with nuclear missiles for defensive purposes and that the French origin Agosta 90B submarines with air independent propulsion (AIP) system could deliver nuclear weapons.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
@farhan

Shaheen is not MIRV and 3,000k is not enough to reach USA.

Is 3000km even enough to reach Western Europe ?

It was observed that the acquisition of nuclear submarines by India had exposed the vulnerability of Pakistan's sea flank. Pakistan approached Canada for a conventional nuclear hybrid submarine and by 1990 Islamabad made enquiry at several other sources including China to buy nuclear submarines. Pakistan even had plans to train about two hundred personnel for the proposed submarine.
So where does it say you guys actually ever acquired a nuclear submarine ?

Last edited:
Country flag
If Pakistan has any kind of nuclear ability would US freely conduct daily drone strikes?
How come they cannot do this with North Korea. Pakistan's nuclear program is a joke/bluff.

Country flag
@farhan Pakistan will never have an ICBM or MIRV. provide one credible source for your delusions.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
If Pakistan has any kind of nuclear ability would US freely conduct daily drone strikes?
How come they cannot do this with North Korea. Pakistan's nuclear program is a joke/bluff.
govt approval
remember shamsi airbase?the place from where the predator used to take off

Govt of Pakistan has given approval for drone attack under table to USA

i hope USa dnt stop drone attacks once Imran khan is selected because i want PAF to kill some predator as well beside the poor indian IAI searcher UAV

Country flag
USA is attacking Pakistan and your Government is ok with it?
Pakistan is a Impressive nuclear power.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Is 3000km even enough to reach Western Europe ?

So where does it say you guys actually ever acquired a nuclear submarine ?
nt bt developing one on own

in 2007 Musharaf said we got the capability manufacturing nuclear submarine(may be the sub based nuclear reactor development was completed)

in feb 2012 news about construction of nuclear submarine was leaked

Country flag
Even with Govt change I guarantee US drone strikes will continue.
Pakistan has no ability to stop this.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
nt bt developing one on own

in 2007 Musharaf said we got the capability manufacturing nuclear submarine(may be the sub based nuclear reactor development was completed)

in feb 2012 news about construction of nuclear submarine was leaked
he is nuclear submarine designer and he has made comment about Pakistani planned nuclear submarine.

Last edited by a moderator:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
@
sayareakd

will someone tell ths guy to stop tagging me or quoting my post as it annoy me when i cant see his post as he's in my ignore list.and i cant log off just to see his post

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
the SLV program in return will translate into long range missile

:thumb:

thereafter PSLV

and then GSLV
[video]http://www.isro.org/newsletters/contents/spaceindia/apr2007sep2007/images/GSLV2.jpg[/video]

:rofl:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Even with Govt change I guarantee US drone strikes will continue.
Pakistan has not ability to stop this.
Pakistan has the ability+capability to stop drone strikes

bt to prove this only "Passage of time" is your answer

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@
sayareakd

will someone tell ths guy to stop tagging me or quoting my post as it annoy me when i cant see his post as he's in my ignore list.and i cant log off just to see his post
cant help it...............................:rofl:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
the SLV program in return will translate into long range missile

Pak doesnt have to wait for any SLV program to develop ICBMs. Go right ahead and develop ICBMs. It will be so much fun. A couple of tridents with 8MIRVs each will immediately punch in coordinates of Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi on permanent basis. Armitage's statement will come true on te slightest provocation. US politicians are not like stupid Indian ones who will take any threat to their security kindly.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Pak doesnt have to wait for any SLV program to develop ICBMs. Go right ahead and develop ICBMs. It will be so much fun. A couple of tridents with 8MIRVs each will immediately punch in coordinates of Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi on permanent basis. Armitage's statement will come true on te slightest provocation. US politicians are not like stupid Indian ones who will take any threat to their security kindly.
Yusuf bhai, just imagine that if they had GSLV tech then they can target aliens in next galaxy :rofl:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles