Pakistan Economy: News & Discussion

Butter Chicken

Country flag
ADB distances itself from Pakistan's 'premature' claim of USD 3.4 billion loan
Another lie of pakis!!!
Porkis are pathological liars. Their behavior is similar to drug addicts(their PM Niazi is actually one).

Meanwhile USD vs PKR is now at 157.12

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Russia will never live in China's shadows , Russia and China are natural rivals , The chinese dream of unipolar Asia while Putin wants to regain soviet glory , current alliance is dur to circumstances and common enemy the US. When the Chinese start exerting more influence ,clash is bound to happen
Hopefully you're right about Russia, but having personally seen how much the Chinese are taking over Russia's interior regions, I'm not holding my breath for any Russian Chinese rivalry. If any clash was going to happen due to China exerting influence, it should have happened a long time ago.

Last edited:

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
Russia is already living under China's shadows.
Pakistan was invited to SCO with India , China pressured Russia for it and Russia folded .

Su35 sold to china despite Chinese cloning su30 . S400 sold to china despite Chinese cloning previous Russian SAM.
Russia sold Pakistan mi35 and is trying to sell tanks now.

Chinese migration in Siberia is ever increasing.

Russian have accepted their fate as second fiddle to china because they hate USA .

Russia today and sputnik both have increasingly pro Chinese rhetoric and anti india vibe.

India must be now transactional in relationship with Russia .

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk
If Russia starts selling Tanks and Fighters to Pakistan, that will be the end of Indo Russian alliance and will push India firmly into the US led alliance.

I doubt Russia wants that. It needs Chinese money ATM to counter US. But Russia doesnot live in anyones shadows for long.

Remember Russia has been a world power for a long long time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

IndianHawk

Country flag
If Russia starts selling Tanks and Fighters to Pakistan, that will be the end of Indo Russian alliance and will push India firmly into the US led alliance.

I doubt Russia wants that. It needs Chinese money ATM to counter US. But Russia doesnot live in anyones shadows for long.

Remember Russia has been a world power for a long long time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Well it is a Russian engine which powers jf17 as Pakistan refused to use Chinese shitty engine.

And Russin mi 35 is the attack helicopter already in Pakistan.
Negotiations for tanks are going on . Pakistani found Chinese vt4 shitty and want the Russian T90.
Russia is willing to negotiate with paki on Afghanistan Taliban.

Frankly these are still manageable issues the problem is russia is increasingly depends on china for trade and energy exports as west has sanctioned it heavily.

Russia has no problems when China has copied su30 into j11 , j16 etc. but it has issued when India wants to integrate I derby ER with su30 MKI.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Well it is a Russian engine which powers jf17 as Pakistan refused to use Chinese shitty engine.

And Russin mi 35 is the attack helicopter already in Pakistan.
Negotiations for tanks are going on . Pakistani found Chinese vt4 shitty and want the Russian T90.
Russia is willing to negotiate with paki on Afghanistan Taliban.

Frankly these are still manageable issues the problem is russia is increasingly depends on china for trade and energy exports as west has sanctioned it heavily.

Russia has no problems when China has copied su30 into j11 , j16 etc. but it has issued when India wants to integrate I derby ER with su30 MKI.

Yes this is a significant problem, one must ask what the heck is russian deal with China and with Chinese copying and Russians silence.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Now spineless Imaran Khan has totally sold Pakistan economomy to China and IMF. Now Pakistan Finanace ministry, state bank governor and other important position are acquired by IMF officials. See above video.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Imran is from same Niyazi family who had putdnow the weapons against general Arora. His father was sacked for corruption by Bhutto. He was sent to Oxford for study where he happened to be a playboy of many reach women. He happened to be a the sex toy of high society reach women. Now ISI and Pakistani army are orchestring the drama of democracy Panditji cover of their stooge Imran Khan.

Deathstar

Country flag

Now spineless Imaran Khan has totally sold Pakistan economomy to China and IMF. Now Pakistan Finanace ministry, state bank governor and other important position are acquired by IMF officials. See above video.
Everyone should watch this video lol keh ke le li isne pakiPaki ki

IndianHawk

Country flag
View attachment 35869
what do you guys think of this...............?
I can see that happening. In one year PKR has gone from 100 to 150+ and its still overvalued.

Currency of nations who massive suffer trade deficits keeps going down in general ( exception developed world) . Pakistan has no viable export Industry today and neither is being set up to be able to deliver any surplus by 2024. So current account deficit will persist and PKR will keep going down.

Vijyes

View attachment 35869
what do you guys think of this...............?
I don't understand how you will make a profit if you are not a pakistani? If you buy PKR, you are bound to lose money. So, you must buy dollar from PKR and then sell back dollar to get back PKR. But this is only useful if you are a pakistani as non-Pakistani have no use of PKR.

The only way I see of making money is by shorting PKR and then buying it at later date. But, how exactly will you hold a short position for 5years?

Brimstone

Spotter
Country flag
I don't understand how you will make a profit if you are not a pakistani? If you buy PKR, you are bound to lose money. So, you must buy dollar from PKR and then sell back dollar to get back PKR. But this is only useful if you are a pakistani as non-Pakistani have no use of PKR.

The only way I see of making money is by shorting PKR and then buying it at later date. But, how exactly will you hold a short position for 5years?
We are not interested in investing. Just looking at the predictions of PKR against USD.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Defence services secured biggest supplementary grant

Govt exceeded its sanctioned expenditure limit by Rs222bn without parliamentary approval, says finance ministry. — AFP/File
ISLAMABAD: The defence services secured the biggest supplementary grant of more than Rs36 billion during the outgoing fiscal year before seeking about 4.7 per cent higher allocations for next fiscal year.
The Ministry of Finance has reported to the parliament that the government exceeded by Rs222bn its sanctioned expenditure limit without parliamentary approval. Therefore, it sought Rs106bn regular supplementary grant from the parliament as fait accompli. The remaining Rs116bn amount pertained to surrender from one grant to another or foreign grants and would be treated as technical supplementary grants.
Of these regular supplementary grants, the largest supplementary grant of Rs36bn was given to the defence services which spent these funds without prior approval of the parliament. Of these, Rs20bn was spent on fencing and lighting of Pak-Afghan border, Rs5bn as special duty allowance on Pakistan Army and Pakistan Air Force (PAF) and Rs5.89bn recurring cost of Special Security Division for the army.
As such, the documents showed that the defence services had been allocated about Rs1.100 trillion in the current year’s budget which was later increased to Rs1.138tr. The government has allocated Rs1.152tr to the defence services for next year, showing an increase of about 4.8pc over the original allocation for current year or 1.4pc over the revised budget.
Govt exceeded its sanctioned expenditure limit by Rs222bn without parliamentary approval, says finance ministry ...
This is in addition to Rs370.5bn allocation for separate development expenditure of the defence division for next fiscal year compared to Rs153.5bn spent under this account during current fiscal year, showing an increase of 160pc or Rs217bn.
When put together, the total allocations for the defence services will amount to Rs1.522tr next year, compared to Rs1.253tr during current year, showing an increase of about 21.5pc.
Another Rs4.3bn was released by the finance ministry as shortfall of petroleum expenditure to the PAF and remaining expenses of community bunkers on the borders, Junior Naval Academy, Ormara, repair and maintenance of Cessna Grand aircraft and a helicopter of Pakistan Rangers.
Another unapproved major expenditure overrun of Rs26bn has now been placed before the parliament for ex-post facto approval that the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf government announced in its supplementary budget in September 2018 as subsidy on liquefied natural gas (LNG) for industrial consumers, but forgot to includes it in budget documents while seeking parliamentary approval at the time.
Also, another major supplementary grant of Rs12.2bn is being sought for the Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training. The ministry had originally got Rs1.5bn budget but utilised almost 10 times greater funds in disregard to financial rules that do not allow supplementary expenses greater than original budget.
Another major expenditure overrun pertained to diversion of Rs24bn earmarked for the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor projects to development schemes recommended by the parliamentarians through the cabinet division. This also violated the financial rules because the cabinet division had an original budget of about Rs14.8bn and the supplementary grant was greater than the allocation.
The finance ministry also issued Rs520 million supplementary grants to the aviation division to meets expense overruns by the Airport Security Force and Rs190m supplementary budget as litigation cost against the Karkey case being fought against a Turkish power project.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles