Pakistan Economy: News & Discussion

Illusive

Country flag

Take a look at the Education and Health budgets.

Education - 77 Billion PKR = $500 million.:pound:

Health - 11 Billion PKR = $72 million.:rofl:

Jinnah's Pakistan = Land of milk and honey.

Pad likh kar aur health care ka kya karenge....End main in madarsachapp suwaro ko sucide bomber hi banna hai..... Iske liye dono cheezo ki zarurat nahi.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
How come no one here post some articles on Pakistan's budget and start a discussion on the same?

View attachment 35795 View attachment 35796 View attachment 35797

The total expenditure is pegged at 7036. 3 billion pakistani rupees. PKR traded at Rs 151.9 to a US dollar. That makes their total expenditure at 46.3 billion USD.

Even if we consider 1 USD = 150 PKR, then the total expenditure of Pakistan is 46.9 billion USD.

To put things in perspective, our defense budget is around 45.6 billion dollars. So India spends around the same amount on her armed forces which Imran and his Pindi cronies spends on the entire country of Pakistan. :bounce::cruisin2:

In this budget, growth is pegged at a mind boggling 2.4 percent. :megusta:

And still the average Pakistani dreams of Ghazwa e Hind.

The defense budget and the capital allocation are likely to increase in the upcoming budget. Then this dick measuring contest will get even more lively.
another observation i didn't realise until i saw your post..
Paki budget is for entire country, Centre + states. the 45 billion$ is for entire country not just the centre.

i check last year's provincial budget for punjab and sindh, both combined is around 3000 billion PKR(3 trillion PKR roughly 1.5 lakh crore INR). For comparision our punjab alone is 1.5 lakh crore INR budget where about 45% is state generated revenues and rest is primarily centre.

is my understanding correct? Can someone confirm this....

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
another observation i didn't realise until i saw your post..
Paki budget is for entire country, Centre + states. the 45 billion$ is for entire country not just the centre.

i check last year's provincial budget for punjab and sindh, both combined is around 3000 billion PKR(3 trillion PKR roughly 1.5 lakh crore INR). For comparision our punjab alone is 1.5 lakh crore INR budget where about 45% is state generated revenues and rest is primarily centre.

is my understanding correct? Can someone confirm this....
Don't know about there provincial budgets. But your thinking on correct terms. Other indicator point to the fact there economy is much much smaller actually.

Look at automobiles production we produced 50 lakh in 2018 paki 2017 figure is 230000 only.

We produce 25 times more automobiles.

Same for steel production they barely manage 5-10 million ton while we have surpassed USA by a handsome Margin and producing 110million ton . Again 20 times production.

Repeat this sector by sector we are producing everything 15-20-30 times more than porky.
Yet our economy is only 10 times of paki?

There is a huge discrepancy there. Perhaps it is paki rupee. Which is now devaluating to its original aukat.

Paki economy should actually be 15-20 times smaller than India. These corrections are taking place now. With paki rupee at 200 PKR their economy will decline to 200-240 billion USD approx and ours at 3trillon will be 13-15 times bigger.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

suny6611

Country flag
He defends PML-N a lot.
By the way Pkr is at 153.3 . Will it recover again or will it continue to go down ?
as they have absolutely no source of $ earning to equate their $ expenses +loans + interests .............. so PKR will slide away

even if they stop imports .............er er imports will stop in few month any way .............. they will have to repay $ loans + interests ...................... so Pkr will keep dropping 175 ..200 .....500 .. in 5 years or so ........ if PAK is not spite into 4 5 new countries, then IK will be imprisoned / hanged for total destruction of pigiestan by the pak army !!!

Illusive

Country flag
Don't know about there provincial budgets. But your thinking on correct terms. Other indicator point to the fact there economy is much much smaller actually.

Look at automobiles production we produced 50 lakh in 2018 paki 2017 figure is 230000 only.

We produce 25 times more automobiles.

Same for steel production they barely manage 5-10 million ton while we have surpassed USA by a handsome Margin and producing 110million ton . Again 20 times production.

Repeat this sector by sector we are producing everything 15-20-30 times more than porky.
Yet our economy is only 10 times of paki?

There is a huge discrepancy there. Perhaps it is paki rupee. Which is now devaluating to its original aukat.

Paki economy should actually be 15-20 times smaller than India. These corrections are taking place now. With paki rupee at 200 PKR their economy will decline to 200-240 billion USD approx and ours at 3trillon will be 13-15 times bigger.

Cant really compare India with pakis, our economies of scale can't be matched by them. Its better to compare countries like Iran or Bangladesh or Indonesia.

It's an eye opener to see country like Iran which has been constantly been facing economic sanctions and still doing well against pakis who have got countless bailouts financial support from economic giants and also good relations with Arabs but still can't seem to do any better. Mediocrity=Pakistan.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Cant really compare India with pakis, our economies of scale can't be matched by them. Its better to compare countries like Iran or Bangladesh or Indonesia.

It's an eye opener to see country like Iran which has been constantly been facing economic sanctions and still doing well against pakis who have got countless bailouts financial support from economic giants and also good relations with Arabs but still can't seem to do any better. Mediocrity=Pakistan.
Iran is much more educated than paki. They are very good at math and engineering. And their population is under control. Iran fertility rate is lower than India. Also they have huge oil and gas reserves. That is why Saudi and west dear them .

If Iran was free of sanctions it will rise to be a trillion dollar Economy and become more powerful than Saudi and turkey. It will be single most powerful state in middle East. Hence so much paranoia against Iran.

Illusive

Country flag
Iran is much more educated than paki. They are very good at math and engineering. And their population is under control. Iran fertility rate is lower than India. Also they have huge oil and gas reserves. That is why Saudi and west dear them .

If Iran was free of sanctions it will rise to be a trillion dollar Economy and become more powerful than Saudi and turkey. It will be single most powerful state in middle East. Hence so much paranoia against Iran.

Iran just like their other muslim brethren use terrorists to further their geo political agendas. Saudis are safe for now because of US protecting the crown prince. Or else all this middle East countries would look like Iraq and Syria. Iran have the potential like you said but they would squander it to just fight the Arabs and Israelis. Just like pakis, but unlike the pakis Iranians don't bow down to any super power for some money, so respect to them.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Iran just like their other muslim brethren use terrorists to further their geo political agendas. Saudis are safe for now because of US protecting the crown prince. Or else all this middle East countries would look like Iraq and Syria. Iran have the potential like you said but they would squander it to just fight the Arabs and Israelis. Just like pakis, but unlike the pakis Iranians don't bow down to any super power for some money, so respect to them.
True. I have no sympathy for Iran but Iranian oil keeps oil and gas price cheap for us. A war will send oil Prices rocketing.

The other thing I like about Iran and turkey is that their fertility rates are way down for Islamic countries so there population won't be growing much. Hopefully with low population and more education they could become less Islamic over time. ( No guarantee though!).

Chinmoy

Country flag
Now coming to the defense budget of Pakistan. Like us, they don't include pensions in their defense budget head.

Here, things get even more interesting.

View attachment 35798

An amount of 1152.535 billion pakistan rupees has been allocated for defense affairs and services.

1 USD traded at 151.9 PKR on that day. That makes the defense budget 7.59 billion USD. Now giving Pakistan some leeway and taking 1 USD =150 pakistani Rs, the Def budget stands at 7.68 billion dollars.

To put things in perspective, our Rafale deal costs more than their entire Def budget .

Or if you want to look at it from another perspective, we inked deals worth more than 10 billion USD with Russia alone in the past eight months.

With 7.68 billion USD, they plan to buy J-31,Rafales, Eurofighter Typhoons, T-90 and S-400. Well, best of luck Pakistan. You are royally screwed and no mofo can unfuck this cluster fuck this time around.
One thing which comes to my mind from this chart is, they have increased budget for physical assets. So they would likely go for weapon purchase as usual. But the civil works budget has come down. So in short we could say that the border fencing in West and bunker building in East has gone to winds.
Means we would have more heads to roll in open this time around.

Correct me if I am wrong.

IndianHawk

Country flag
One thing which comes to my mind from this chart is, they have increased budget for physical assets. So they would likely go for weapon purchase as usual. But the civil works budget has come down. So in short we could say that the border fencing in West and bunker building in East has gone to winds.

Physics asset allocation has risen from 282 billion PKR to 315 Billion PKR. But since paki import most weapons let's look at in dollars terms. Last year 300 billion PKR was about 4 Billion USD( as 1100 billion PKR =11billionusd)

This year 300 billion PKR = 2 billion USD
(As 1150 Billion PKR = 7.6 billion).

So in effect it's actually half.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

What I found surprising is that their capital expenditure for weapons purchases is only 24% of budget this year and 27% projected for next year. India, which is often derided for not having enough capex in the military budget has around 35% capital expenditure. I always thought they spent a bigger percentage on weapons acquisitions than us.

IndianHawk

Country flag
What I found surprising is that their capital expenditure for weapons purchases is only 24% of budget this year and 27% projected for next year. India, which is often derided for not having enough capex in the military budget has around 35% capital expenditure. I always thought they spent a bigger percentage on weapons acquisitions than us.
They have a huge army for their size. 6lac+ men with ever rising salaries and pension.

Turkey for example has 5 lakh men but double the economy and double defense budget.

They will have to cut down army to 3-4 lac if they want to remain financially solvent which they probably won't .

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves decrease $55 million to $7,807.2 million in the week ending June 3, compared to $7,862.4 million in the previous week, the central bank said on Thursday.
RESERVES Week ending Previous Week Change/pct
($ billions) June 3
Held by the State $7,807.2 mln $7,862.4 mln -0.7
Bank of Pakistan
Held by $7,019.7 mln $7,027.5 mln -0.1
commercial banks
Total $14,826.9 mln $14,889.9 mln -0.4
During the week ending June 3, foreign reserves decrease by
$55 million due to debt servicing and other official payments,
central bank said on Thursday.

sthf

Country flag
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1991992/2-govt-adds-rs3-9tr-public-debt-10-months-fy19/?amp=1

ISLAMABAD: The federal government has added Rs3.9 trillion to the public debt in just 10 months of the current fiscal year, which is nearly half of the amount that the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) government added in its full five-year term.

The central government’s total debt surged to Rs28 trillion with net addition of Rs3.9 trillion from July through April of the current fiscal year, reported the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP). The central government’s debt increased at an alarming pace of 16% in first 10 months of this fiscal year, showed the SBP data.

____________________&_______________

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We have bigger R&D budget, greater production and bigger goodies to buy. They have high overhead expeditures meanwhile.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Physics asset allocation has risen from 282 billion PKR to 315 Billion PKR. But since paki import most weapons let's look at in dollars terms. Last year 300 billion PKR was about 4 Billion USD( as 1100 billion PKR =11billionusd)

This year 300 billion PKR = 2 billion USD
(As 1150 Billion PKR = 7.6 billion).

So in effect it's actually half.

Last year on the day the budget was passed, PKR traded at 115. 59 to 1USD. So 1100 billion USD amounted to Rs 9.51 billion USD.

Although the budget allocation has increased on paper, in real terms it has come down.
And with further depreciation of PKR, the amount of money they can spend on imports will further come down.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Last year on the day the budget was passed, PKR traded at 115. 59 to 1USD. So 1100 billion USD amounted to Rs 9.51 billion USD.

Although the budget allocation has increased on paper, in real terms it has come down.
And with further depreciation of PKR, the amount of money they can spend on imports will further come down.
Ok I probably mistook 2018 budget for 2017 from wiki. Now Janes has published this year defense budget 2019-20 at 7.6 billion USD.

Like someone pointed out rafale deal was bigger than this. Lca mk1a contract might be bigger than their entire defense budget lol.

I'm now waiting for PKR to sink to 200 vs USD.
Somebody should start a live counter lol.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles