Pakistan Economy: News & Discussion

tsunami

Country flag
Should have nuked that country back in 47.

Besides I don't think nuking border areas will work for US. Far too many peoples live on both side of border nearing areas in Punjab. I am not an expert but many Indians will die in the process if you want to make it an area which can not be crossed for months or years to come.

Doing same at Rajasthan and Gujrat areas is not going to be useful as most of the infiltration will be done on Punjab border. There are only 2 options

1. You nuke entire Pakistani Punjab and kill everyone to resolve the migrant issue.
2. We should have riots like 47 where Punjabis are ready to kill every Pakistani the moment they see them.

tsunami

Country flag
Who told you that we can't kill women with children? Regardless of what narrative you peddle, the fact that the women are muslims make them rakshasis. We don't give help to rakshasis even when they are desperate. Why do you simply assume that whoever is desperate for help must be helped?

As I said before - war is not with any government or establishment or country like Pakistan but with ISLAM itself. It includes muslim men, muslim women and all sympathisers of Islam regardless of them being desperate or hungry.

The very idea that an enemy must not be acknowledged as enemy juat because they are hungry is absurd. An enemy depends on intent, not on the current situation.

In fact the idea of destroying any population itself is based on hunger and famine. In WW2, most of the people who died, died due to famine. 3 crore Soviets who died died due to famine. Millions of Indians & chinese died from famine. The best way to destroy Islam is also by famine and hunger. If you help hungry muslims instead of killing them, then you become a traitor. Muslims have to be killed just because they are muslims and hold hostile intention to attack when they can. Being hungry is not an excuse to spare
I am sorry, I didn't knew we are in parallel dimensions. You see in my world we can't openly blame Islam for the problems caused by it. In your dimension you guys have declared war on Islam. Amazing.

Haldiram

Country flag
I am sorry, I didn't knew we are in parallel dimensions. You see in my world we can't openly blame Islam for the problems caused by it. In your dimension you guys have declared war on Islam. Amazing.
Both sides be discussing two extremes : either total nuclear genocide or no war at all.

It's entirely likely that a war with Punjabistan will lead to a decapitation of only its war fighting capabilities and a fragmentation of its states, and not a mass genocide of its people. The military is dug in like a tick. Once the military is dethroned, we can prop up a puppet and let them govern their Punjab as they please. At least the terrorism and border firing will stop.

The population is 200 million, the military is 1 million. Create an "affordable jahannum yojna" for these 1 million without causing a mass exodus of the remaining 199 million. Just split them into 4 nations and give them assurance of co-operation to run their newly formed nations. Keep the cancer contained where it is, just change the top management. Take out their nukes in a first strike, then send their remaining army to Kashi, fragment the nation, forget that Pakistan ever existed.

Kill the queen bee, plant a new bee without causing a panic among the other bees. Keep everything contained. Pakjab is a feudal society. They will adjust under pretty much any other Punjabi puppet of India.

That's why Doval says "there's no nuclear war involved, you know the tricks, we know the tricks better than you"

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
With what we only got nukes in 74.

Besides I don't think nuking border areas will work for US. Far too many peoples live on both side of border nearing areas in Punjab. I am not an expert but many Indians will die in the process if you want to make it an area which can not be crossed for months or years to come.

Doing same at Rajasthan and Gujrat areas is not going to be useful as most of the infiltration will be done on Punjab border. There are only 2 options

1. You nuke entire Pakistani Punjab and kill everyone to resolve the migrant issue.
2. We should have riots like 47 where Punjabis are ready to kill every Pakistani the moment they see them.
Then I have an idea

How about we flood Pakistan.

Advaidhya Tiwari

I am speaking of real war. As of now, Islam is not blamed because there ia no open war but only cold war. Islam is giving petroleum and hence it is not reasonable to blame Islam without a need to do so. But when problem comes, a reason to blame will also come.

There is no reason Islam can't be blamed for problems.

ISLAM will not be blamed till it is the right moment to do so. Till our benefit outweigh loss, we will not blame. So, you live in parallel reality where things are static. I live in real world where things can change and so will my narrative.

Both sides be discussing two extremes : either total nuclear genocide or no war at all.

It's entirely likely that a war with Punjabistan will lead to a decapitation of only its war fighting capabilities and a fragmentation of its states, and not a mass genocide of its people. The military is dug in like a tick. Once the military is dethroned, we can prop up a puppet and let them govern their Punjab as they please. At least the terrorism and border firing will stop.

The population is 200 million, the military is 1 million. Create an "affordable jahannum yojna" for these 1 million without causing a mass exodus of the remaining 199 million. Just split them into 4 nations and give them assurance of co-operation to run their newly formed nations. Keep the cancer contained where it is, just change the top management. Take out their nukes in a first strike, then send their remaining army to Kashi, fragment the nation, forget that Pakistan ever existed.

Kill the queen bee, plant a new bee without causing a panic among the other bees. Keep everything contained. Pakjab is a feudal society. They will adjust under pretty much any other Punjabi puppet of India.

That's why Doval says "there's no nuclear war involved, you know the tricks, we know the tricks better than you"
You are simply assuming things. There was no Pakistan but a new leader Jinnah came to make it. Similarly when Bangladesh was split, it was said to be secular but soon it became Islamic.

Just because you can replace queen bee with another queen bee doesn't change the fact that they still remain bees and will continue to sting. If you don't want to be stung by bees, ensure that you replace them with a species of bee that doesn't sting by wiping out those species that sting. Replacing queen bees is not a solution.

Nuclear war is nothing but a natural consequence as war escalate. The idea that you want to win war without any losses is highest form of absurdity. If you have to win war, there will be losses. Nuclear bombs are not some magical weapon that will kill everything. The losses in war are not unkown and have to be accepted.

Even in the past, cities were plundered and destroyed by muslim armies during wars. Just because Hindus did not do genocide does not mean Muslims will not. So, might as well do genocide without mercy.

Why hesitate to take a small damage in the present to avoid larger damage in future?

tsunami

Country flag

SO you accept you can't finish the snake with one war. You have to achieve your objectives one by one.

Haldiram

Country flag
SO you accept you can't finish the snake with one war. You have to achieve your objectives one by one.
One can finish the current Pakistani management in one war. Plant a new management and start the deradicalization process. The immediate goal that war achieves is it dislocates the ISI who is currently sitting on the high chair, sucking resources from 4 big states and using it against us. Downsize it to just 1 state with no naval access, and it will have lesser resources to deploy against us and a Pakistan with no naval access is useless for the US and China. It will immediately lose strategic value. That 1 state will still be hostile but the remaining 3 will remain pacified.

War is a means to change the geographical borders. Nothing more, nothing less. Everything else is a separate project. We changed the borders in 1971 within 13 days using the tool of war. The military did its job. We didn't change the Bangladeshi society or its culture. They're still jihadis. If we would have managed to defang them (like the US did with Japan/Germany), it would have been a sweeter success but Mujib got killed, and we got our fingers burnt. Even with a less-than-ideal outcome, and all the illegal immigrants we are facing now, it's comparatively better than it would have been if East Pakistan remained there.

All of this is possible without "end of times" doomsday scenarios if done properly. That is why nations have intel departments. It's their job to do these things. That's the non-nuclear option Doval was hinting at. You can finish 1 big snake in one war, and quarantine the other snakes for the next 50 years as India grows peacefully into a middle income country, without the interference of ISI.

Last edited:

Haldiram

Country flag
Why Bangladesh overtook Pakistan

Much of this growth owes to exports which zoomed from zero in 1971 to $35.8bn in 2018 (Pakistan’s is $24.8bn). Bangladesh produces no cotton but, to the chagrin of Pakistan’s pampered textile industry, it has eaten savagely into its market share. The International Monetary Fund calculates Bangladesh’s economy growing from $180bn presently to $322bn by 2021. This means that the average Bangladeshi today is almost as wealthy as the average Pakistani and, if the rupee depreciates further, will be technically wealthier by 2020.
Me's comments :

There was a time when Pakistani economy was doing better than Indian economy in the 60's, when USA was pumping in money. The loss of Bangladesh severely dwarfed the sized of the economy. Their economy again grew in the 80's when the USA started pumping in money during the Afghan jihad.

Average annual real GDP growth rates were 7% in the 1960s, 5% in the 1970s, and 7% in the 1980s. Average annual growth fell to 4% in the 1990s. They again recovered when the US started pumping in money in 2000's under the excuse of WOT.

Every time Paki economy has been boosted by US money, they have launched wars on India (65, covert war in 90's). So, people who say that a strong and prosperous Pakistan is in India's interests, can eat poop. A weak and diseased Pakistan is better for us. It's easier to break, and then we can plug the newly formed constituents into our economy, later. In Pakistan's miserable existence, the US has revived the Paki economy out of doom, not less than 4 times. Whatever their CIA analysts come and bark on Indian platforms is all hogwash. They will protect their pet dog with all their might. They need them more than ever to manage the current Afghan situation. They will bail them out for the 5th time now.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
Can you post a youtube link to that broadcast?
In office, can't open youtube. You could search for 'siasi hulchul'.

Although I don't agree with all the views of the person, but as per him, Pakis are in very grim state as of now.

As per him, when Nawaz left the debt on Pakis was 1000 Bn $. IK had increased it to 1300 Bn $ in last 6 months and its increasing day by day. I wonder that how is the person surviving among so much of criticism to IK and Army.

Haldiram

Country flag
December 2018 >> US to oppose IMF bailout to Pakistan

January 2019 >> Pakistan brokers a deal between US and Taliban

February 2019 >>
Pakistan "Very Close" To Securing IMF Bailout, Says Finance Minister

February 2019 >> Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman visit: Pakistan, Saudi Arabia to sign $20 billion agreements

That's how the drama is played out. Indians were rejoicing when the US 'threatened' to cut off aid to Pakistan somewhere in the middle of 2018. I've always held that they will pay them in cash if they have to, just to show that aid has been 'officially' suspended, but they will never stop paying Pakistan. They'll find a way to channelize that money one way or another, through friends like IMF and Saudi.

With new coins in their pocket, and a renewed confidence from being granted a central role in Afghanistan, via their Taliban proxy, an emboldened Pakistan will start its cross border terror incidents again.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Mmkjho
December 2018 >> US to oppose IMF bailout to Pakistan

January 2019 >> Pakistan brokers a deal between US and Taliban

February 2019 >>
Pakistan "Very Close" To Securing IMF Bailout, Says Finance Minister

February 2019 >> Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman visit: Pakistan, Saudi Arabia to sign $20 billion agreements

That's how the drama is played out. Indians were rejoicing when the US 'threatened' to cut off aid to Pakistan somewhere in the middle of 2018. I've always held that they will pay them in cash if they have to, just to show that aid has been 'officially' suspended, but they will never stop paying Pakistan. They'll find a way to channelize that money one way or another, through friends like IMF and Saudi.

With new coins in their pocket, and a renewed confidence from being granted a central role in Afghanistan, via their Taliban proxy, an emboldened Pakistan will start its cross border terror incidents again.

No, USA has genuinely stopped giving aid to middle east affairs. USA was in alliance for petrodollar with middle east which is now falling apart. USA is now unable to buy PETROLEUM from their dollars due to middle east imposing some severe condition for exporting to USA. Other countries can still import oil using dollars but the oil can't be used for USA economy. USA will only get a small amount of oil a day as compensation for maintaining international bases in middle east till they are also withdrawn.

So, it happened that USA now wants to close down its economy and is unwilling to expend ita resources on foreign affairs. This includes troops deployment in Syria, Afghanistan, payment to Pakistan etc.

But Pakistan was always the stooge of KSA and not USA. Earlier USA used to pay Pakistan as an indirect way of paying by Saudi Arabia alliance. But niw Saudis are directly paying Pakistan without middleman of USA.

So, the omly difference from back then to now is that USA has lost its relevance significantly. But the significance of KSA, UAE etc remains intact. So, Pakistan will be continued to be paid, but by the Arabs directly instead of via USA

jadoogar

Country flag
In office, can't open youtube. You could search for 'siasi hulchul'.

Although I don't agree with all the views of the person, but as per him, Pakis are in very grim state as of now.

As per him, when Nawaz left the debt on Pakis was 1000 Bn $. IK had increased it to 1300 Bn $ in last 6 months and its increasing day by day. I wonder that how is the person surviving among so much of criticism to IK and Army.
If true, a major part must be internal PKR debt. 400% of presumed GDP internal paki debt is very high but within the realm of possibility.

Pakis never pay external debt anyway. Part of it is ummah money. During the post 9/11 Afghanistan war the US and Western powers had forgiven a chunk of external debt if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Haldiram

Country flag
There was a time when Pakistani economy was doing better than Indian economy in the 60's, when USA was pumping in money. The loss of Bangladesh severely dwarfed the sized of the economy. Their economy again grew in the 80's when the USA started pumping in money during the Afghan jihad.

Average annual real GDP growth rates were 7% in the 1960s, 5% in the 1970s, and 7% in the 1980s. Average annual growth fell to 4% in the 1990s. They again recovered when the US started pumping in money in 2000's under the excuse of WOT.

Every time Paki economy has been boosted by US money, they have launched wars on India (65, covert war in 90's).
Today's CRPF attack needs to be looked at in this context.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Govt plans to borrow another $1.44bn to manage circular debt
High transmission losses and fuel cost have accumulated the power sector circular debt while consumer tariff cost is also continuously increasing.
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan plans to borrow another 200 billion rupees ($1.44bn) to help clear power sector debt destabilising the finances of the government and private power producers, a senior official tasked with energy reforms said.
Pakistan’s economy and society have been racked by a decade of chronic electricity shortages which have crippled its manufacturing sector and stoked voter anger in the South Asian nation of 208 million people.
Electricity shortages have erased in the last 12 months but years of mismanagement and funding shortfalls for subsidies have led to accumulated power sector payment arrears, or “circular debt”, soaring to 1.4 trillion rupees ($10.1bn).
Independent power producers (IPPs) angry with late government payments have warned they face a financial crisis, while economists fear rising circular debt will further widen Pakistan’s yawning fiscal deficit, a key part of ongoing bailout talks with the International Monetary Fund.
Pakistan earlier this month raised 200bn rupees through an Islamic bond to ease financial crunch in its power sector, but critics say much more needs to be done.
Nadeem Babar, head of the Task Force on Energy Reforms created by new Prime Minister Imran Khan, told Reuters the government plans to ease financial pressures on power generation companies by taking another 200bn rupee loan by April.
“That total of 400bn will not bring the outstanding amount down to zero, but it will pay it down substantially to a point where no generator will be at risk of shutting down or having liquidity issues,” Babar told Reuters on Thursday.
The loans are a key part of the government’s strategy to rethink how it deals with power arrears and will give the government breathing room to enact wide-ranging reforms, Babar added.
He said Khan’s government is looking to save money by moving power sector arrears from the balance sheet of the IPPs on to the balance sheet of government-owned distribution companies.
Under Pakistan’s power purchasing system, IPPs bill the government monthly for the power they produce, but when the government fails to pay up, power generators take commercial bank loans to stay afloat and the government is hit with financial penalties for late payments.
“In the past, to keep debt off the government’s power companies’ balance sheet, the government has allowed a run up of the same debt on IPP balance sheets - but at what cost?,” said Babar, who is currently writing Pakistan’s 25-year future energy policy.
“The finance minister has understood and agreed that it is nonsensical that we are paying about three per cent higher interest rate to keep this debt off our balance sheet when we acknowledge that it is our debt,” said Babar.
Pakistan hiked electricity prices in January and the new tariff, set to gradually increase over the next two-and-half years, will drastically slow the accumulation of circular debt and will eventually help eradicate it, Babar said.
Transmission losses and theft are also being aggressively targeted by the government, he added.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Foreign investment down 17pc
The data shows that the country received investments worth $1.451bn during the first 7 months of current fiscal year.— AFP/File
KARACHI: The foreign direct investment (FDI) during July-Jan FY19 declined by over 17 per cent compared to same period last year, according to data released by the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) on Monday.
However, year-on-year inflows during January increased by 2.404pc reaching $132 million from the $128.9m received during the same month last year.
The SBP data shows that the country received investments worth $1.451 billion during the first seven months of current fiscal year down 17.6pc from $1.761bn in the same period last year.
The central bank’s data for outflow in portfolio investments paints a very bleak picture for the sector as investors pulled out $409m during the seven months against outflows of $74m during the same period last year.
China retained its position as the leading investor in Pakistan making up for the 56.8pc of the total investments with inflows clocking in at $825.5m compared to $1.142bn same period last year; a decline of 27.8pc.
Despite a decline of 25pc, construction remained the pick of investors who poured in $288.9m into the sector from $386.2m last year. However, the biggest drop was noted in power sector as the FDI fell to $233.8m compared to $625.2m in the same period of last fiscal. In addition, investments in financial business sector declined from $303m to $216.7m during the same period last year.
The government has attracted foreign investments in multiple sectors as it has signed memoranda of understanding with China, Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries which could change the situation of inflows but it may be carried forward in the next fiscal year.
The SBP report shows the country has attracted good amount of investments in the sectors which were not significant in the list of FDI last year. The beverages attracted $75.6m (compared to outflow of 5m last year), electrical machinery $126.4m and chemicals $83.5m.
Other than China, UK was the only major country to invest more than $100m during the period under review, reaching $127.4m.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles