Pakistan demands equal access to Australian uranium after sales to India

Param

@ Param

why you always talk of South India ?? There is nothing called South India, it's just part of India and always been ever since.

I am one of the Admin for one large Keralite specific group on Facebook and soon a Tamil group too. Even when i don't know a single word in Malayalam. I ban more Punjabis than Mallus if one does not agree with the vision of the group :D

What is difference between a Tamil and Punjabi ?? I don't find any other major difference than Language. But half of the states have different languages and that is overstated for some foolish reason, IMHO.
South India is a Geographical term just like Mid west.

If you do not find any difference between a Tamil and a Punjabi then there is nothing that I can speak of in order to convince you of any thing otherwise.

The difference between your thinking and mine is that I recongnise those differences.
But at the same time I respect, value and cherish those differences. I prefer the concept of unity in diversity over the idea of homogenization.

Galaxy

Country flag
What stuff are you on? lol.
Don't add kerosene on Fire. :)

Nationality is much more important than regionalism, IMHO.

Yes, I live in so called North India, but I don't consider South India as different and trying to decrease the misconception which few people have specially on DFI for some strange reason.

because of people like you, Things become more complicated on DFI.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
South India is a Geographical term just like Mid west.

If you do not find any difference between a Tamil and a Punjabi then there is nothing that I can speak of in order to convince you of any thing otherwise.

The difference between your thinking and mine is that I recongnise those differences.
But at the same time I respect, value and cherish those differences. I prefer the concept of unity in diversity over the idea of homogenization.

Then what's the point of talking South India or Tamil in every thread ?

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
There is a new drug in town called Hyper nationalism.:D
That is far better than casteism, regionalism and ethnic. Isn't it ?

I would love to become Ultra-nationalist than talking of my region/ethnic.

Galaxy

Country flag
Depends from person to person.
Fair enough. I can't change anyone's perception nor anyone can change mine.

so, you can give preference as per your wish. I will do the same for my Hyper/Ultra-Nationalism and i am proud of it.

Let's agree to disagree. :thumb:

Param

Fair enough. I can't change anyone's perception nor anyone can change mine.

so, you can give preference as per your wish. I will do the same for my Hyper/Ultra-Nationalism and i am proud of it.

Let's agree to disagree. :thumb:
yes sir, i agree.:)

Tronic

Don't add kerosene on Fire. :)

Nationality is much more important than regionalism, IMHO.

Yes, I live in so called North India, but I don't consider South India as different and trying to decrease the misconception which few people have specially on DFI for some strange reason.

because of people like you, Things become more complicated on DFI.
Does the regionalistic regimental system of the Indian army also complicate things for you? I suppose they must be anti-national if they give so much importance to regionalistic recruitment. Hmmm....

Galaxy

Country flag
Does the regionalistic regimental system of the Indian army also complicate things for you? I suppose they must be anti-national if they give so much importance to regionalistic recruitment. Hmmm....
How you define regionalistic regiment system ??

Most of the states don't have any dedicated regiment. Also, it's not like J&K rifles has all army personnel from J&K. There are from various states. Assam regiment mostly takes people from 7 sisters to give proper representation which is fair enough as they are aware of difficult terrian in NE. Punjab regiment has people from whole North India and not only Punjab which is obviously as large no. of Jats, Dogras, Paharis, Gujjars, Rajputs, Sikhs live in North. There is no regiment for U.P. But 2 regiment for small state for Uttrakhand (Gharwal & Kumaon). So that means more people from Uttrakhand are in Army than U.P. ? No, Normally, It's rule that not more than 40% with from particular ethnic & region.

So many regiments for gorkhas but they are from Nepal mostly. Most of the top officials comes from NDA irrespective of states and ethnic.

These regionalist regiments are going on due to British creating on basis of martial race as well as few region which is close to border. Today, Every regiment has mixture of people across the country with very few exceptional. Nowadays, Regionalism doesn't play major role otherwise so many Nairs, Yadavs, and Bengalis won't be part of Army.

Let's keep army away from such regionalism kind discussion. It would be unfair and very complicated to discuss. :)

Last edited:

Tronic

How you define regionalistic regiment system ??

Most of the states don't have any dedicated regiment. Also, it's not like J&K rifles has all army personnel from J&K. There are from various states. Assam regiment mostly takes people from 7 sisters to give proper representation which is fair enough as they are aware of difficult terrian in NE.
That is still recruitment based on region; Assam Regiment is also not the only regiment serving the region. You forget the Naga Regiment and the Arunachal Scouts. :)

Punjab regiment has people from whole North India and not only Punjab which is obviously as large no. of Jats, Dogras, Paharis, Gujjars, Rajputs, Sikhs live in North.
Jats, Dogras, Rajputs, Sikhs all have their own regiments.

There is no regiment for U.P. But 2 regiment for small state for Uttrakhand (Gharwal & Kumaon). So that means more people from Uttrakhand are in Army than U.P. ? No, Normally, It's rule that not more than 40% with from particular ethnic & region.
These are not General Vaidya's mixed regiments.

So many regiments for gorkhas but they are from Nepal mostly. Most of the top officials comes from NDA irrespective of states and ethnic.

These regionalist regiments are going on due to British creating on basis of martial race as well as few region which is close to border. Today, Every regiment has mixture of people across the country with very few exceptional. Nowadays, Regionalism doesn't play major role otherwise so many Nairs, Yadavs, and Bengalis won't be part of Army.
Obviously the rule doesn't apply to officers. They come from all quarters. That is the unity in diversity Param was talking about. You are just pulling a Pakistan when you speak of regional cultures being anti-national.

Galaxy

Country flag
That is still recruitment based on region; Assam Regiment is also not the only regiment serving the region. You forget the Naga Regiment and the Arunachal Scouts. :)
Naga regiment is mixture of Naga & Kumaon, Gharwal & Gorkhas. (Mostly Paharis). It's not specifically Naga based. Indeed, More people from Pahari from Uttrakhand are part of it. That's why HQ is at Ranikhet. Arunchal Socuts is just a small group of few thousand. It works under Siliguri corp. Army recruit them because they are aware of mountain terrain of Arunchal.

Jats, Dogras, Rajputs, Sikhs all have their own regiments.
It's because of British martial race concept. There are many ethnic/cast in all these regiment except Sikh one AFAIK. Even Rajputs don't belong to one state but many states. These regiments recruit from their 'catchment areas', areas that traditionally belonged to their community. That doesn't mean that a non-Rajput is unwelcome in the Jat regiment, or a Jat is unwelcome in the Dogra regiment. Tradition plays a major part in motivation on the battlefield.

These are not General Vaidya's mixed regiments.
Don't know about General Vaidya version. Regiments recruitment areas are concentrated to traditional 'catchment areas' because there it's easy to get large no. of people for army. Like Haryana, Punjab, Uttrakhand. But all Regiments have mixture of people. Anyone can join any regiment. So, There is not much regionalism. Yes, Jats prefer joining army more than Baniyas, But this is as per tradition and nothing to do with ethnic and region. It's more to do with tradition. So, Army still following such tradition, I suppose. But nevertheless, Officials comes from NDA.

Obviously the rule doesn't apply to officers. They come from all quarters. That is the unity in diversity Param was talking about. You are just pulling a Pakistan when you speak of regional cultures being anti-national.
Yes, It's unity of diversity on which Modern India came into existence. You know too much of Pakistan :lol: , Don't know about that but I do know there was ethnic violence in Karachi sometime back but no such issue in India. :) , So don't mention Pakistan all that time when discussion is about India. It's mostly South-North theory which i find unnecessary that also only on DFI. Then few come and add more spice to make it early weekend :D

Last edited:

Indianboy

Country flag
Gandhi; that's your answer. He nearly destroyed India while others gave their lives away to save our country. Thank goodness he didn't last another 2 years. Otherwise today we'd have been the size of Pakistan.

65 was the result of poorly planned militarization despite repeated advises from military chiefs. Money changed hands with Nehru-Gandhi family in 71. Why do you think Baby G today has a silver something up his...? :lol:
This is all fine. But later on, it is said that we had a chance to destroy Pakistan's nuclear site as well as program. Israel just asked to let their fighter planes use Bhuj Airbase and they would do the rest of work. Becoz they were afraid that once pak has made an Atom bomb they will sell it to other Muslim nations. (They were right) But it was declined by India.

Just imagine if that offer would have been accepted, this Thread "Pakistan demands equal access to Australian uranium after sales to India" might not have been posted...:p

The foolishness of India revealed when Morarji Desai stopped RAW from working on Kahuta site and he himself told Zia-ul-Haq that India is spying on their nuclear site. :mad2:

Research and Analysis Wing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
They realized this after arming Pakistan and pointing 600 IRBM's at Delhi from Tibet.
Precisely what I condemn this government mentality for. When they started pointing missiles at us, we took the suicidal manic rule of Gandhi rather than making 1200 missiles point towards Shanghai, Hong Kong and other financial chicken necks of China. This made the PLA bold. The suicidal Gandhian romanticism is what I blame.

Call me whatever guys, but I speak with a clear heart and conscience more than anything personal against this family. I have a warrior's blood in my veins and this doesn't allow me to accept such cowardice. Sorry for being blunt.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
What stuff are you on? lol.
hey dont be too hard on him what he is saying is that Nation should be above all else and nothing else should be more important be it language , region, religion or whatever it is....

and so the threat has derailed... I loved it though

Global Defence

New threads

Articles