Pakistan considers defense budget increase

vinay535

We should be focused on our issue and problem while giving least interest to Pakistan.
As a matter of a fact our defense budget is Rs.1.47 trillion/$32 billion.
Our main competitor is China. In a race we look at the guy ahead of us and not behind us.
you are right when u say china is our main competitor but it will be naive if we ignore pakistan .They are a clear and present danger to India .India cannot ignore a neighbouring country whos undergoing so much of internal termoil . what u do with a country whos having suicide attacks almost on daily basis and instead of fighting these forces wants to have advanced weapons so they can match up to us . They have made themselves hard to ignore .

Last edited by a moderator:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I have deleted all the off-topic posts not related to the thread. If you have any problems with members posts, please report it.

Blackwater, it is better if you tone down your rhetoric and try to make sensible posts.
Thanks

warriorextreme

Country flag
why dont they start calling it as "Offence Budget" ?
All they have done from their formation with "Direct action day" till kargil war is offence only..

smartindian

Country flag
We Indians have no right to comment on there issue. Its there internal issue, let them handle it.
why shouldn't i, it a known fact every single bullet pak purchases is against India. i cant understand your logic, give me some valid reason why shouldn't comment about this thread

DeletedUser

warriorextreme: "LOL! You don't get it. They are the last hope of Islamic world to protect them against "evil, scheming Hindoo Indians"..:p"

I once asked a Pakistani and a Bangladeshi gentlemen why they shared a sense of animosity towards Israel. The reply I got was "Because all jews are enemies of Islam". When I asked them to provide me some proof, they said "No proof needed". I was stunned by this reply. I failed to see any logic in their mentality and they failed to see the importance of rationality. So I think you're right warriorextreme, I think that Pakistani's hate us simply because we are Hindu's... simply because it tells them to hate "infidels" in the Koran. Quite a sad state of affairs really.

PS: Sorry I haven't figured out how to quote properly.

ganesh177

Country flag
All this military spending is not going to prevent pakistan tumbling down like pack of cards when time comes.

ejazr

Ambassador
I once asked a Pakistani and a Bangladeshi gentlemen why they shared a sense of animosity towards Israel. The reply I got was "Because all jews are enemies of Islam". When I asked them to provide me some proof, they said "No proof needed". I was stunned by this reply. I failed to see any logic in their mentality and they failed to see the importance of rationality. So I think you're right warriorextreme, I think that Pakistani's hate us simply because we are Hindu's... simply because it tells them to hate "infidels" in the Koran. Quite a sad state of affairs really.

PS: Sorry I haven't figured out how to quote properly.
Making judgments based on opinions of one or two people is not really accurate. Espicially if you are planning to connect Pakistan/Bangladeshi opinions about a politcal problem in the arab-Israeli conflict with what ALL muslims think and what "supposedly" the Quran teaches. That is quite unfortunate.

Infact, this is the same sort of irrational thinking that you would get from extremist Jews or Hindus. An irrational hatred towards muslims or more specifically Arabs in case of Jews because all of them are out to destroy them. While the same but counter-narrative is played among their Arab counterparts.

Ofcourse, when you do want to find out public opinion it is very important to look for studies that are done on this topic. It might not give you the exact picture but a somewhat accurate idea of what people want. And also to have a good knowledge of the Israeli-Palestine conflict where majorities on both sides --Israelis and Palestinians support a two state solution. Check out surveys done by www.peacepolls.org on this issue.

Similarly, there are plenty of surveys that will give you an idea of what Pakistanis think about India for example. Where clear majorities on both sides (70%+) want peaceful relations. This according to TOI-Jang group survey done last month.
---------------------------------------

On topic
I say let them jack up their defence spending as much as they can, coventionally there is no way they can catch up with India. And they will just go the way USSR went and more recently Greece did if they keep giving looking over the economic aspect.

Phenom

On topic
I say let them jack up their defence spending as much as they can, coventionally there is no way they can catch up with India. And they will just go the way USSR went and more recently Greece did if they keep giving looking over the economic aspect.
Unfortunately that will never happen, USSR didn't have a benefactor like Pakistan does. As a matter of fact Pakistan has two benefactors, US and China. If Pakistan nears Bankruptcy it'll go to the US and China and ask for more aid, and in all likelihood receive .

DeletedUser

Unfortunately that will never happen, USSR didn't have a benefactor like Pakistan does. As a matter of fact Pakistan has two benefactors, US and China. If Pakistan nears Bankruptcy it'll go to the US and China and ask for more aid, and in all likelihood receive .
Not sure about the US anymore but I'm sure China would happily give Pakistan military aid.

ejazr

Ambassador
Well the reason why Pakistan has to increase its budget is because China or US are not funding the Pakistani military. Chinese will not interfere until the end.

Sure China/US will prevent from Pakistan going under, there is little doubt about that.
Managing this will be important for GoI. As long as Pakistan is spending its own money that's fine. But GoI should vehemently protest if China intends to provide sale of military equipment that are India specific.

jayz india

they very well can increase the budget,all they have to do is take out a press release by their PM saying that taliban is within 70 miles of their nuclear installation and they need monry to buy weapons to fight them....
as easy as that

i so want this WOT to get over and the US to get out of afganistan

JayATL

That military industrial complex has destroyed Pakistan. The explanation given that " Our soldiers are laying down their lives" ; as a reason for increase in the military budget_ is for the general ignorant populace in Pakistan. The facts are- soldiers are paid paid almost exclusively through direct US dollars for " laying down of lives campaign" and this increase is simply a means to add more arms to counter India vs a requirement for their NWF and tribal region campaigns.

This should come as good news for Indians because Pakistan is falling for exactly what the old USSR did, in that, any arms race between India and Pakistan would mean them going the old USSR way by bankrupting themselves.

JayATL

they very well can increase the budget,all they have to do is take out a press release by their PM saying that taliban is within 70 miles of their nuclear installation and they need monry to buy weapons to fight them....
as easy as that

i so want this WOT to get over and the US to get out of afganistan
won't happen till 2014 and then too there is a slim chance that it would still mean a continued presence in Afghanistan , similar to Iraq. US Pak aid is here to stay , not because the US likes Pak, rather because we need keep the hot bed of terrorism in check.

JayATL

We Indians have no right to comment on there issue. Its there internal issue, let them handle it.
then why be a part of a discussion board? we should discuss with civility yes, but a call to not discuss is strange. Btw, I see a few " Muslims" comment here and from some. It would be rather preferred and correct to call them fundamentalist, when describing the religious bigots or terrorist- as India has plenty of great Indian Muslims.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles