Pakistan biggest Chinese arms buyer

Ash

Country flag
BEIJING (Reuters/AFP) - China has become the world's fifth-largest arms exporter, a respected Sweden-based think-tank said on Monday, its highest ranking since the Cold War, with Pakistan the main recipient.

China's volume of weapons exports between 2008 and 2012 rose 162 per cent compared with the previous five-year period, with its share of the global arms trade rising from 2 per cent to 5 per cent, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) said.

"Pakistan - which accounted for 55 per cent of Chinese arms exports - is likely to remain the largest recipient of Chinese arms in the coming years due to large outstanding and planned orders for combat aircraft, submarines and frigates," SIPRI said.

"China's rise has been driven primarily by large-scale arms acquisitions by Pakistan," Paul Holtom, research director at SIPRI said.

"A number of recent deals indicate that China is establishing itself as a significant arms supplier to a growing number of important recipient states."

Pakistan has long been China's key ally in South Asia.

China replaces Britain in the top five arms-dealing countries between 2008 and 2012, a group dominated by the United States and Russia, which accounted for 30 per cent and 26 per cent of weapons exports, SIPRI said.

"China is establishing itself as a significant arms supplier to a growing number of important recipient states," Paul Holtom, director of the SIPRI Arms Transfers Programme, said in a statement.

The shift, outlined in SIPRI's Trends in International Arms Transfers report, marks China's first time as a top-five arms exporter since the think-tank's 1986-1990 data period.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei, asked about the report, said China was a responsible arms exporter which strictly adhered to international

Ash

Country flag
hear about all the financial trouble that Pakistan is in, i.e foreign reserves, makes you wonder how are they paying? With US dollars from American taxpayers?

Ash

Country flag
sorry that should read.......... When you hear about all the financial trouble that Pakistan is in, i.e foreign reserves, makes you wonder how are they paying? With US dollars from American taxpayers?

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
US pay us some odd 1billion USD per year.while the cost of WOT is 1billion$ per month

Blackwater

That''s is news to me. Since when Pakistan buy military stuff from china??

Blackwater

That''s is news to me. Since when Pakistan buy military stuff from china??

Ash

Country flag
US pay us some odd 1billion USD per year.while the cost of WOT is 1billion$ per month
I guess the $1 billion per month is paid by the U.S.The thing is as long as someone pays your bills you will always be obligated to them

Blackwater

1billions per month is equal to 12billions per year.

while pakistan is not mentioned in the top ten countries list(aid recipient)

Top 10 Nations of Foreign Aid Recipients | Eritrea

there is some thing called under the table( black) with no records. pakistan comes in that

BTW there is no data of AID and free oil which pakistan gets from Saudis in the name of Islam

BTW ur data is from 2008, that is also unknown website called http://www.madote.com

pls provide latest data from reputed source

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
ther reason could be because this aid that the US gives to Pakistan is military aid and not for social issues. Your link is a world bank source, 2008, so it might only be for socio-economic aid.
lol.

well india in 2011 or in 2012 i dont remember got record high 3.9billion $ aid..excluding the 16-20% of world NGO working in india..if totalled india get 30% of the total aid given in the world.or india 1 year aid is equal to pakistan recieving aid since 47

Well Sir Problem is Pakistan is giving everything to USA just for the sake of a billion AID only because 80% fall into the leaders pockets while having promise from america to be protected once the govt is over

i will post the calculation later about if we charge the nato containers it will generate us 3 times more the money which we get through aid with no string attached

but as usuall i would be happy and allow muslim killer modi to become the PM and rule pakistan than this PPP

socio economic aid is kerry logar which was suppose to be 6billions while we recieved only 700millions of that and after OBL raid the program is in pause mode

the supply through pakistan dont even pay toll plaza tax.destroyed the road infra.

Blackwater

lol.

well india in 2011 or in 2012 i dont remember got record high 3.9billion $ aid..excluding the 16-20% of world NGO working in india..if totalled india get 30% of the total aid given in the world.or india 1 year aid is equal to pakistan recieving aid since 47

Well Sir Problem is Pakistan is giving everything to USA just for the sake of a billion AID only because 80% fall into the leaders pockets while having promise from america to be protected once the govt is over

i will post the calculation later about if we charge the nato containers it will generate us 3 times more the money which we get through aid with no string attached

but as usuall i would be happy and allow muslim killer modi to become the PM and rule pakistan than this PPP

socio economic aid is kerry logar which was suppose to be 6billions while we recieved only 700millions of that and after OBL raid the program is in pause mode

the supply through pakistan dont even pay toll plaza tax.destroyed the road infra.

Even ur 98% pakistani also don''t pay tax, so why complaining:sad::sad:

Vishwarupa

Country flag
lol.

Why are you dragging Modi into this he is not a Muslim killer...All your pakistani rulers are Muslim killers as your wish they are ruling & ruining you. Enjoy

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Even ur 98% pakistani also don''t pay tax, so why complaining:sad::sad:
Atleast we are pakistanis.

beside this even armed forces official pay toll plaza tax..but the nato one dont

no wonder supply through pak cost 15millions while through russian side or air cost 118millions per month.

Blackwater

Atleast we are pakistanis.

beside this even armed forces official pay toll plaza tax..but the nato one dont

no wonder supply through pak cost 15millions while through russian side or air cost 118millions per month.
is that give u right not to pay taxes??? with this thinking ,98% pakis dont pay income or any type of tax,this has led to begging for AID

dhananjay1

Well, the population can eat grass but Pakistan must have weapons, to fight...err other Pakistanis.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
For us to turn into an exporter the Kaveri engine should have worked and the Arjun and Future-INSAS should have clicked. Unfortunately all these key weapons projects are in poor shape.

shom

BEIJING (Reuters/AFP) - China has become the world's fifth-largest arms exporter, a respected Sweden-based think-tank said on Monday, its highest ranking since the Cold War, with Pakistan the main recipient.

China's volume of weapons exports between 2008 and 2012 rose 162 per cent compared with the previous five-year period, with its share of the global arms trade rising from 2 per cent to 5 per cent, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) said.

"Pakistan - which accounted for 55 per cent of Chinese arms exports - is likely to remain the largest recipient of Chinese arms in the coming years due to large outstanding and planned orders for combat aircraft, submarines and frigates," SIPRI said.

"China's rise has been driven primarily by large-scale arms acquisitions by Pakistan," Paul Holtom, research director at SIPRI said.

"A number of recent deals indicate that China is establishing itself as a significant arms supplier to a growing number of important recipient states."

Pakistan has long been China's key ally in South Asia.

China replaces Britain in the top five arms-dealing countries between 2008 and 2012, a group dominated by the United States and Russia, which accounted for 30 per cent and 26 per cent of weapons exports, SIPRI said.

"China is establishing itself as a significant arms supplier to a growing number of important recipient states," Paul Holtom, director of the SIPRI Arms Transfers Programme, said in a statement.

The shift, outlined in SIPRI's Trends in International Arms Transfers report, marks China's first time as a top-five arms exporter since the think-tank's 1986-1990 data period.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei, asked about the report, said China was a responsible arms exporter which strictly adhered to international
Simply wasting money on arms ,,, they shud concentrate on the basic properties of a Country rather than concentrating on muscle power,,,,, why are they so much insecured??????? we never attack them ??????

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Pakistan accounts for nearly 70% of Chinese arms exports. Does being a single source supplier really make them a success when it is all subsidised to one client state?

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles