Pakistan begs for more helicopters

rizwan78

Country flag
well i am not trolling i am confused, can any body tell me what is the reason behind of all these purchases of India as well as Pakistan ? if they never going to capture each other land ?

Country flag
well i am not trolling i am confused, can any body tell me what is the reason behind of all these purchases of India as well as Pakistan ? if they never going to capture each other land ?
India is not focused solely on Pakistan we have the Chinese that we are more concerned about.

AkhandBharat

India is doing this so that Pakistan in its bid to try to catch up will grow more fascist with time, deny its citizens a democratic electorate, focus solely on arms purchases without any viable industrial growth, become the headache for the western world as the hotbed of radical terrorism and then be dismantled as a nation.

Oracle

Yaar oracle think twice before posting such a rude comments, did you ever thought why the USA, & NATO are using modern helicopters, jets, tanks to fight with Taliban in Afghanistan ? it has been clear mentioned on the above post that this deal is worth of 2.5 billion dollars which Pakistan is purchasing not begging, and can you tell me why India is purchasing 126 MRCA, is not that they will be use against Pakistan ?
Rizwan, Pakistan has been fighting this war since 2002(correct me if I am wrong) and it is 2010 now. And with news in media all over the world that PA is sleeping with both US and Taliban, what do you think people will assume? Either you guys do not want to end this war and thus get more in aid, by actively showing the world how much you are trying to do, or you favor the Taliban more in bed with you. Take your pick.

Oracle

well i am not trolling i am confused, can any body tell me what is the reason behind of all these purchases of India as well as Pakistan ?
Our case is a little different. India's economy has improved a lot, and with this ever growing economy we also want to be a military might. What is the use of all the billions of dollars we have, if we cannot protect our borders? Our arms purchases are for the sole purpose of defense, and aggressive offense if there is a repeat of Kargil. It is more focussed on China right now, again with whom we have an excellent trade partnership.

Now about Pakistan. Pakistan thinks that India is their arch rival and so they need nuclear bombs to keep India at bay. Pakistan uses militancy to bleed India in Kashmir and prop up Jihadis all the time. Pakistan talks peace and at the same time pushes terrorists into Kashmir. Pakistan does not have an economy right now and is listed at #10 in the list of failed Nations. So, Pakistan cannot do much but ask for aid, civilian and military, which when times comes will be used against India.

So, in short we buy for our defense, you beg for your so called India phobic defense.

if they never going to capture each other land ?
And who told you we do not want our land back. Mate, POK is our land, and we will take it back :)

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
"gun to its own head" negotiation ploy

Renewed strains between Islamabad and Washington

BBC Article by Ahmed Rashid.

Pakistani officials are threatening to pull its troops out from the sensitive north-western tribal areas unless the US and Europe comes up with more money for military campaigns.
When the $38bn annual budget was announced in parliament on 5 June, legislators sat up when it was announced that defence spending would be $5.2bn for 2010-11 - a rise of 17% compared to last year or 13.7% of the total budget. Even more shocking news came a few days later when Saqib Shirani, principal economic adviser to the government, corrected that figure to say that actual defence spending for 2010-11 would be $7.9bn, a 30% rise compared to last year and 21% of the total budget
For decades the army refused to allow any government to disclose the military budget. Now the army only allows a single blanket figure to be released that does not show what defence money is spent on. Meanwhile substantial parts of military spending like army pensions and research and development are hidden in other budget items outside the official defence budget.
With 28% of the budget being reserved this year for servicing Pakistan's huge external debt of $54bn, nearly 60% of the budget is taken up by just two items - defence spending and debt servicing.
However with the economy in a downward spiral and the government facing an internal funding crisis in the months ahead, Islamabad has begun to threaten the US. Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani was equally blunt when he told visiting Richard Holbrooke, US special envoy for Pakistan and Afghanistan, that ''time is running out fast, public support can only be kept intact if the international community start delivering on their pledges.''
"We will stop operations (in Fata) and go back to the eastern borders,'' he added threateningly.
The danger is that there is a growing tiredness amongst Western donors that Pakistan has cried wolf once too often
Mr Gilani's recent trip to the European Union (EU) in Brussels, following the brutal killing of 90 Ahmedis in Lahore by militants was a public relations disaster, with the EU bluntly refusing to fund Pakistan unless it improved its governance record.
Yet even as Pakistani leaders cajole the West for more money and warn of an impending economic collapse, the army insists that the world must recognise Pakistan as a full blown nuclear power.The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, Gen Tariq Majid told the National Defence University in Islamabad recently that ''the world must accept our nuclear reality and stop unwarranted insinuations to create alarms and deny us the related benefits."
The army and the government wants to have its cake and eat it too. It wants the US and Europe to pay for the war on "terrorism", but at the same time it wants to spend vast funds on building up defences against an imagined Indian attack - without improving relations with India.
Meanwhile it is willing to threaten the US, knowing that with the US campaign in Afghanistan going so badly, Washington desperately needs Islamabad.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles