Pakistan Asks US to Vacate Key Airbase in 15 Days, Cuts NATO Lines

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
No need of nukes, few cluster bombs would do. They don't have the pathological need to destroy Pakistan like we have. They would only want obedience from Pakistan. Anyways I don't think that things would get so ugly between US and Pakistan. They've called and used Pakistan as a close ally for too long a time to suddenly tag them as enemy or terrorists.

Right now US is a perfect example of someone with a forced hand. Can't do squat about it.

Regards,
Virendra

Galaxy

Country flag
I am not sure what will happen next but one thing is sure, Pakistani public is pissed off and angry. They are completely humiliated. No self-respect left. :rofl:

Zebra

Country flag
My fear is they will sooner or later.

If U.S. attacks Pakistan, then Pakistan will try to go against India to divert the public opinion and to save her face.
It will help and make easy for US if Pakistan drags India in ,

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Is it true about that Airbase .. built by UAE and held by US? :D superb !!

I am not sure what will happen next but one thing is sure, Pakistani public is pissed off and angry. They are completely humiliated. No self-respect left. :rofl:
How would that happen. I mean they'll need some provocation or reason to go after India rather than fighting the US.
They can't barge in just like that. Oh wait .. they did indeed once, 1965.

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
Is it true about that Airbase .. built by UAE and held by US? :D superb !!

How would that happen. I mean they'll need some provocation or reason to go after India rather than fighting the US.
They can't barge in just like that. Oh wait .. they did indeed once, 1965.

Regards,
Virendra
Pakistan can do anything. 1965,71,99.

I hope they won't repeat. India is also trying not to provoke but i suppose prepared enough which is visible with few steps taken by MoD recently. We are not giving any reason to Pakistan which is good work by GoI. We don't want Pakistan to divert her attention from her west side to east side. Let see, What U.S. does which is ironically friend of Pakistan since 1947. :D

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

Pakistan is in a very tight corner today and its existence is in danger . even is USA and NATO doesn't attack them they can still destroy them by stopping the money inflow. Pakistan will not be able to survive even for a month. If Pakistan collapse India is under greatest threat . we should hope for the best but prepare for the best. Ideally I would love to see demise of a nation called as pakistan.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
No doubt Pakistan is serious.

But I do not that believe US will just follow terms dictated by Islamabad.

Domestically US/NATO will have to justify their attack on Pak post first. Above that their govt can not be seen as cowards who ran away after warning.

NATO has already cut deal with central asian countries for supply line. Also Islamabad has not made clear "What if US doesn't vacate base within 15 days? " Will they take military action or knock UN door?

Situation is still bit sketchy.
US will still have to bend its back to vacate that base, to at least negotiate resumption of NATO supplies over Pakistan (which have come to an abrupt stop), till it can activate alternate routes. The Central Asian route can't be activated at the flip of a switch. Supplies must first be transported over sea to whatever new port the new route takes, and then new security should be deployed to secure the line, after which, supplies can start.

What happened here, is that Pakistan essentially turned off the tap when US was rinsing soap to its face in the shower. Till it can run naked to a new shower, its eyes will burn.

Country flag
Pakistani-American relations back to the bottom – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

Pakistani-American relations back to the bottom

Just days after a top American commander in Afghanistan said the situation on the border with Pakistan was improving, the U.S. once again finds itself back in the nadir of relations with the Pakistanis.

The killing of 24 Pakistani soldiers at two military outposts, hit by NATO helicopters near the border area, has pulled the rug out from underneath American efforts to calm a relationship that had been rocked by Pakistani anger at America. (Read the latest on Saturday's incident HERE).

After American special forces snuck into Pakistan to kill Osama bin Laden, an American intelligence contractor killed two Pakistanis, and American officials accused the government of harboring and helping the Haqqani terror network, much work had been done to revive this critical counterterrorism effort though the two countries were barely on solid ground again before Saturday's incident.

A recent Pentagon report to Congress said the ability of insurgents to hide across the border in Pakistan is the greatest threat to success in Afghanistan. The report pointed directly at Pakistani authorities for aiding the strength of insurgents on that side of the border.

The 2012 presidential campaign has also brought forth much heated rhetoric by Republican candidates vying to be seen as standing up to the Pakistanis in a way the Obama administration has not. Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and Texas Governor Rick Perry have called for a zeroing out of foreign aid to the country.

"We were told, a perfectly natural Washington assumption that our killing bin Laden in Pakistan drove U.S.-Pakistan relations to a new low. To which my answer is, well, it should have because we should be furious," said Gingrich at this week's CNN national security debate. "you tell the Pakistanis, help us or get out of the way, but don't complain if we kill people you're not willing to go after on your territory where you have been protecting them."

In the past few weeks, the U.S. was dragged into a Pakistani government scandal when it was reported that President Asif Ali Zardari asked the U.S. government in May to help him hold on to power because he feared a military coup. A Pakistani businessman claimed he'd been asked to pass the message on to U.S. Admiral Mike Mullen, then Washington's top military official. In the end, the ambassador from Pakistan, Husain Haqqani, stepped down and a new ambassador was appointed just a few days ago. The new ambassador, Sherry Rehman, has yet to come to Washington.

But there were signs the two sides were mending fences.

The American commander of international forces was just in Pakistan to meet with Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani. The two discussed "measures concerning coordination, communication and procedures between Pakistan Army, ISAF and Afghan Army, aimed at enhancing border control on both sides.

Also this week, the commander for U.S. and NATO troops in eastern Afghanistan, Major Gen. Daniel Allyn, told reporters at the Pentagon that the Pakistanis had been cooperating in trying to stem Haqqani attacks that emanated from the Pakistani side of the border and were aimed at U.S., NATO and Afghan troops. Allyn described it as a "positive step forward" and said the Pakistanis had even been adjusting positions at the request of the NATO forces. The result was attacks "tapered somewhat in the past several weeks" to just "three to four cross-border firing incidents a week."

"Now, whether or not there's more to the explanation than that's where the enemy is choosing to shoot from, I can't answer that. I do know the positive sign from our perspective is the responsiveness with which the [the Pakistani military] border force have coordinated actions against the firing," Allyn said.

U.S., NATO, Afghan and Pakistani troops had been conducting communications excercises, said Allyn, to help coordinate border security. Another was scheduled for November.

Clearly, this incident has jeapardized that good will. Pakistan quickly and angrily, in messages from multiple officials, have condemned the killings, calling it "unprovoked." The country shut down two critical border crossings used to bring supplies to NATO troops. Pakistan is also ordering U.S. military personel out of Shamsi Airbase within two weeks. Shamsi had at one point been used to launch CIA drone strikes within Pakistan although that was stopped in the wake of the Raymond Davis incident but there are still American military based there..

Promises of investigations were quickly proffered by Gen. Allen and the U.S. ambassador in Pakistan, Cameron Munter. But Washington was quiet with little to say on-the-record or even on background, as the U.S. looks to figure out how what happened and how to placate the Pakistanis.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Its been a while any drone flew from Shamsi airbase. US has already vacated Jacobabad base. Right now Shamsi base provides logistics support & several dozens of officials are there.

US will take a hit but the time required to re-organize will be covered by diplomatic/political pressure of west. China may bark something in between.

Country flag
http://hamsayeh.net/world/1383-pakistan-rebuffs-us-over-its-gas-deal-with-iran-.html

Pakistan Rebuffs US Over Its Gas Deal With Iran

Pakistani officials dismissed repeated US pleadings to give up a major gas deal - considered to be as absolutely essential for Pakistan's long-term economic growth - with Tehran.
Pakistani official, the minister of information Firdus Ashig Awan, told reporters that Islamabad will make own decisions without any influence from outside when it comes to considering own national interests.
Washington led by Zionist handlers , has since the beginning of the so-called war against Islamic terrorism sought to deprive Pakistani nation from accessing substantial gas supply from neighboring Iran, so that Islamabad would remain economically and politically vulnerable.
With nearly 180 million population, Pakistan has huge untapped potential if it could only access some major gas supplies via a 1000 km pipeline from one of world's largest natural gas reserves in Iran. Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline - also dubbed the Peace Pipeline - would transfer 21.5 million cubic meters of natural gas via a 900 km, 56 inch pipeline. Given Iran's enormous natural gas resources, the pipeline would also be able to supply additional gas from Pakistani territory to India and China, once it becomes fully operational.
In a recent comment made by US ambassador to Pakistan, Cameron Munter, tried influencing Pakistani officials to abort a gas pipeline deal with Iran, which of course turned out to be an exercise in futility.
The United States - which by the way consumes almost a quarter of global energy and has very little oil and resources of its own - has become increasingly envious of other competitors including Russia that enjoys vast natural resources or China as a rising world economic superpower.

redragon

Country flag
ah, my post was deleted quietly, why you are so afraid to expose how ignorance american is?
but anyway, well expected

Country flag
ah, my post was deleted quietly, why you are so afraid to expose how ignorance american is?
but anyway, well expected
What ignorance smart Chinaman?? USA has used nuclear weapons in the past, and USA does not have a no first use policy. These are facts commie.

SpArK

SORCERER
Attack came from Afghanistan and asking base in Pakistan to be vacated.

Sounds funny.

SpArK

SORCERER
Question for professionals.

What do you call US UCAV operators in India?:rolleyes:

redragon

Country flag
What ignorance smart Chinaman?? USA has used nuclear weapons and USA does not have a no first use policy. These are facts commie.
Dear american, when you say you will use nuke to agaist a country only because they don't want you to stay on their country any more, I have a real cold feeling on my neck, that is really cool, that is why I liked your post. And then I can't help but thinking how people from other countries think about your bold and invincible american view of the world.
And one Indian member obviously felt the same, so...
Anyway, never mind, what is other countries in the world to USA? nothing.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
well what you throw, it come back to you, Pakistan found out hard way, they send 26/11 to us, they got even worse on 26/11 yesterday, may be it will be start of fall of Pakistan. Lets wait and see.

BTW only chip Pakistan had was the transit rights it granted to NATO and airbase, If NATO finds a alternative way, Pak would be in deep trouble.... pak run to China.

Last edited:
Country flag
Dear american, when you say you will use nuke to agaist a country only because they don't want you to stay on their country any more, I have a real cold feeling on my neck, that is really cool, that is why I liked your post. And then I can't help but thinking how people from other countries think about your bold and invincible american view of the world.
And one Indian member obviously felt the same, so...
Anyway, never mind, what is other countries in the world to USA? nothing.
In case you don't get the right history in China a devastating act of terrorism that killed thousand of US citizens started this, that is what this war is about .USA is not doing it to prove anything. It is not like your Communists that killed thousands of innocent Uighurs or Tibetans to usurp the land.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles