Pakistan Asks US to Vacate Key Airbase in 15 Days, Cuts NATO Lines

SPIEZ

Country flag
That expired in 1945 when they nuked Japan.
It was formulated at the height of the cold war AFAIK. Russia, China, England, France( I m not sure of France) and India have this policy.

Guess which is the only country which doesn't have it and openly calls themselves a nuclear weapons state ?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
To the contrary (of all those "beggar" posts); if anything, this busts Pakistan's "we're poor, will crumble without aid" bogey. KC Singh was right. PA always had the option of asking US to get lost whenever it wanted to, it was just milking it.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
It was formulated at the height of the cold war AFAIK. Russia, China, England, France( I m not sure of France) and India have this policy.

Guess which is the only country which doesn't have it and openly calls themselves a nuclear weapons state ?
Does it start with a P and ends with an N??
That's preposterous!!!!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunalda for a bigger cause small sacrifices are acceptable. :D
Just think about having no pakistan on western border.
If US wanted to use nuke, The first thing they will take out Pakistan Nuke control facilities and people in command..

US don`t need to nuke them, Conventional weapons are more than enough like MOAB..

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
These nutjobs in Islamabad don't even know if B2s were flying over them when they made announcement!

I think PA has initiated loading its nukes on famous SUV & donkey launchers. Wait for NATO/US declare that their forces in fact attacked terrorists, turn out to be they were part-time pakistani soldiers too.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
But wasn't the Shamsi Air base owned by UAE or something? I read a report stating that UAE has sovereign rights over the air base as it was 100% UAE money that went into constructing it inside Pakistan.

This is amazing: UAE pays and makes a base, INSIDE the great Pakistan, which is now manned and operated by US! :pound:

Galaxy

Country flag
If U.S. wants to attack Pak then why U.S. will need Nuke ?? They have Stealth bomber like B-2 Spirit with truck load of bombs and truck load of Missile with F-22. How Pakistan will stop B-2 Spirit ?? With Ak-47 ?? :rofl:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Kunalda for a bigger cause small sacrifices are acceptable. :D
Just think about having no pakistan on western border.
I hear land prices in patna are going up quite quickly! Time to shift :D

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
x-posting
This is quite different (and serious) compared to July, because:
  • NATO supply lines are already severed (according to DAWN)
  • A specific deadline of 15 days is given to the US to vacate that base
  • US-Pak relations are in free-fall (they weren't this bad in July)

Galaxy

Country flag
Has Pakistan tried to connect this to India yet??
My fear is they will sooner or later.

If U.S. attacks Pakistan, then Pakistan will try to go against India to divert the public opinion and to save her face.

SPIEZ

Country flag
speiz bhai...didnt get u...?? do u mean france does not have nukes...??
I meant I m not sure if France has a No First Use Policy of their nuclear weapons.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
This is quite different (and serious) compared to July, because:
  • NATO supply lines are already severed (according to DAWN)
  • A specific deadline of 15 days is given to the US to vacate that base
No doubt Pakistan is serious.

But I do not that believe US will just follow terms dictated by Islamabad.

Domestically US/NATO will have to justify their attack on Pak post first. Above that their govt can not be seen as cowards who ran away after warning.

NATO has already cut deal with central asian countries for supply line. Also Islamabad has not made clear "What if US doesn't vacate base within 15 days? " Will they take military action or knock UN door?

Situation is still bit sketchy.

SPIEZ

Country flag
France has made it clear any terrorism against their nation will be met with possible nuclear retaliation.
Your report on the USA using nuke's is a serious shocker, with America speaking as if they are the upholders of world peace and justice, yet behind the backs they are using the nuclear weapons.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles