Pakistan Asks US to Vacate Key Airbase in 15 Days, Cuts NATO Lines

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The Pakis desperately want their medieval Islamic purity dream... At least their establishment want to project this image to appease their otherwise starving Islamic majority.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
i think we will be going to Afghanistan in future, through Iran, that is why we are building port, railway line and road to reach Afghanistan and get its mineral wealth in return.

Who knows even Iran can take U turn and provide passage to USA.
I have the same thought after the surprise visit of Secretary Of State to Burma. India must have played a role of go between Myanmar and USA. I would not be surprised, if GOI scores another coup by facilitating the visit by SOS Hillary Clinton to Iran to cool down the tepmperture. That will leave Pakistan , CCP and PM Putin holding their balls in their hands and getting squeezed by GOI diplomatic coup.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
may be...but air option sounds not just expensive to me but irrational...the cost of just 3-4 flights might be equal to that of the transit line from say russia and central asian countries[with much more loads]
There is a limited supply being dropped by parachute, it was on BBC near AFPAK border, when USA troops went to retrieve they came under fire from the Pakistan side of the border by Taliban. As they fired back it got intense and F-16 were called for help to put an end to it from Pakistan side. This is after the first strike in which 24 soldiers were killed.

Blackwater

How can Pakistan summon anyone?
Sir, They can. They are the thakedarss of this whole world.

More over shamsi airbase has no significance value. It's only used for intelligence. More imp base is Jacobabad( Shabaz air base ) from where drones fly. Pakiyo ki butt me dum nahi to tel USA to vacate that.

Shamsi to bahana ha anpi jahil awam ko ullu banane ka..ke hum kitne garetmand ha

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
People should explore the history just after 9/11. USA was planning to attack Pakistan and their think tanks were drafting blue prints to do so. It was Musharraf who saved Pakistan's a$$ at that time. Today Pakistanis are either acting stupid, innocent or overconfident, but there is a saying that ''Bakrey ke maa kab tak Kahire manayege''. I personally want USA to avenge Pakistani backstabbing and go back to previous plans they made just after 9/11. Securing Afghan border, destroying Pakistan army-ISI combo and outlaw emirates of Jihadi SWAT, FATA, NWFP of Pakistan is the only way to prosperous Afghanistan.
Although I have been a proponent of the same plan, I doubt if they were going to do that after 9/11. This I am saying because the game plan was to go after Saddam as he had become a nusance to GCC, specially SA and Kuwait. If NATO and USA can destroy Iraq Army and intelligence wing, I don't see any problem with their operation being successfully carried out against PA and ISI. It is overdue for the last ten years. Is SA and their nuclear arsenal holding them back? There are so many factors one has to take into consideration before getting involved in this undertaking. Let us see how it unfolds. USA is doing level best to provoke them and Pakistan's military strategist will do every thing to not be drawn into USA's trap.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
But for Pakistan and its comical antics, life would have been such a bore!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Rice chaired a Principals Committee meeting on September 13 in the Situation Room to refine how the fight against al Qaeda would be conducted. The principals agreed that the overall message should be that anyone supporting al Qaeda would risk harm. The United States would need to integrate diplomacy, financial measures, intelligence, and military actions into an overarching strategy. The principals also focused on Pakistan and what it could do to turn the Taliban against al Qaeda. They concluded that if Pakistan decided not to help the United States, it too would be at risk.
National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States
I have posted another PDF extract here a year back in another thread i will try to dig it out.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Ok... so how many days remaining out of 15?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The Pakis desperately want their medieval Islamic purity dream... At least their establishment want to project this image to appease their otherwise starving Islamic majority.
Medieval?? They are claiming whole ancient Indus Valley Civilization as the antique and funny "Ancient Pakistan" and once AGAIN making a FOOL of themselves among the world.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Medieval?? They are claiming whole ancient Indus Valley Civilization as the antique and funny "Ancient Pakistan" and once AGAIN making a FOOL of themselves among the world.

Okay then, make it "ancient." How about "stone age?" The latter I think is more apt for Paki land.

amoy

Okay then, make it "ancient." How about "stone age?" The latter I think is more apt for Paki land.
tell me why a Malaysian hates our friend Pak so much while most bumi putra are said to be moslem

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Pakis are afraid of using or thinking about the "Stone Age" eversince US threatened to send back pak into "Stone Age" if they didn't join WOT and kill the snakes it fed for decades.

Iamanidiot

Musharraf-Pulled Speculations on NATO Shenanigans

NOVEMBER 29, 2011 LEAVE A COMMENT
Due to changed circumstances, not getting enough time to maintain this blog. So here is a bunch of (musharraf-pulled) poorly thought out speculations.
With equipment like GPS is it impossible for ISAF ground forces to not know that Pakistani post was inside Pakistan territory
Even if ISAF ground forces did not know this, GPS and maps on their air-assets would have indicated that the post was inside Pakistani territory.
They chose to attack anyway. This indicates that NATO forces knew that they were attacking a post inside Pakistan. Ergo, this negates the latest BS peddled by NATO of taliban "provoking" a firefight with Pakistanis. However this statement itself is salient, we will return to this later.
The attack went on for two hours "despite repeated pleas"
PAF was not scrambled
Which means that "the soldiers were sleeping" reports which initially came out is BS. If they were indeed sleeping, the discipline of the people manning outposts is suspect. Even if they were, they probably woke up quickly. The "Soldiers were sleeping" was probably trotted out to imply that they did not provide covering fire to retreating taliban or fire first. PAF was not scrambled either due to inter-services bureaucracy, shenanigans by the Army without taking the PAF into confidence or PAF knowing that they will be shot out of the air. Please note this in the context of interpreting all future blusters and bravado about shooting down drones.
Initial reports spoke of "Lightly manned outposts" which was manned by a captain and a major nonetheless!
DGMO talked about interpreting the incident in the "background of May 2"³
So speculation time. What to conclude? Let us assume as given: 1. NATO knew the post was inside Pakistani territory. 2. NATO has a selfish motive of not pissing off Pakistan much, because they know that Pakistan will stop supplies (as was done before). These leave only two possible logical conclusions:
Previous news articles have reported that field commanders are mighty pissed with the taliban firing from positions in or close to Pakistan border outposts. NATO stringently refuses to apologize for this incident (and by extension promise that such incidents will not happen in the future). Taken together: This probably indicates that the rules of engagement of border posts offerring covering fire has possibly changed and NATO will attack first and ask questions later. This was probably the double-speak of NATO about "taliban provoking a border incident". If the rules of engagement have indeed changed, expect many more incidents in the future, if powers that be do not intervene and smooth ruffled feathers. Smoothing ruffled feathers will not happen by refusing to talk to the US, boycotting conferences or stopping supply lines.
If the attack was not in response to a change in the rules of engagement, and was carried out despite NATO knowing that the post was inside Pakistani territory, they could have proceeded Only if they knew that the post was sheltering a high-value target. This possibly explains the "Background of May 2"³ comment by DGMO.
So change in the rules of engagement or high-value target? take your pick.
Pakistan has reacted vehemently by closing NATO supply lines and boycotting the Bonn conference. Which is predictable and understandable. But a little surprising given that US reaction to Pakistani border guard killing its soldiers, numerous attacks — including the one on its consulate — traced to the Haqqani network and the biggest of them all: Osama Bin Laden hiding in Pakistan for six years, have all been muted. I am sorry to say this, but Pakistan protests look too loud in comparison.
Pakistan has ruled out joint investigations and wants nothing short of an apology. NATO has refused to apologize and says US will press on. So 1. We might never know the truth 2. Next few days will be interesting.
A majorly profound goat dropping of wisdom

mayfair

tell me why a Malaysian hates our friend Pak so much while most bumi putra are said to be moslem
Tell me why Pakis hate the Uighurs and their movement so much while nearly all Pakis and Uighurs ARE moslem?

amitkriit

May be because more Muslims live in India than in Pakistan. May be because Indian Muslims are fairing better than the Muslims in the so-called Islamic Republic of Pakistan. May be because Indian Muslims have enhanced the image of their community through their progressive outlook and hard-work, unlike those in the Land of Pure (Pakistan). May be because Pakistan is using Islam to further it's self-interest, and cares as much about it as a Rabbit cares about a piece of carrot.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles