Pakistan Air Force Says It Will Overtake IAF.

agentperry

They are historically beggers
i would call them jugadu. they financed their growth for first 2-3 decades well via seato and close relations with world champ usa. the arrogance that we see among many of the paksitanis is because of this only. but im very well sure of the next generation the one who is in schools right now that they wont be able to give a fight in coming decade.

drkrn

we did participate in 2 world wars on many fronts.It's not like
we have fallen behind if the government makes a commitment
then many things can get done. In MRCA we tested 6 of the
top warplane platforms in the world in many areas did we not
learn anything from this??
i think its not active participation.i think our participation is predominantly infantry.yes i know mr.sam manekshaw have participated in that war.regarding research we didnt have any research regarding millitary those days.foolish to expect as brits wouldnt have allowed us to. our participation is on behalf of british.
our millitary research got a real support from govt by indira gandhi in 1970s i think.

p2prada

Pakistan will be lucky to afford anything over 150 JF-17s and 36 J-10s. While we can say 36 J-10s was in the work since quite some time, it would be difficult to believe they would purchase 150 J-10s anytime quickly. It took China a decade to get to 200 J-10s after all. While current numbers may not be a measure of what the future holds, the Pakistanis will have issues in purchasing that many jets. I think the current J-10s cost $40Million a piece, just $10Million short of a Flanker. It is possible the Chinese J-11s are cheaper to manufacture than the J-10s.

I think the current plan is to get 80 teens, 36 J-10s, 50 JF-17 Block 1, 50 JF-17 Block 2s and 50 JF-17 Block 3s. Or 100 JF-17 Block 2s and a fresh order for 50-100 Block 3s. The JF-17 orders are big by itself.

While they will eventually have their upgraded teens and 36 J-10s by 2015, they are planning on Block 3 JF-17s after 2015 period. So, that pretty much takes care of their 4th gen plans until 2020. Maybe an additional order of 36 J-10s in the meantime while they wait for China to introduce a light or medium class fifth gen fighter for induction after 2020. We are still talking about 100-150 fighters every 5 years from 2010 to 2020, which is a big deal for PAF.

150 J-10s by that time period is simply stretching it. China has it's own needs without having to give away 72-96 fighters to PAF while they don't have any kind of superiority over SAF, JASDF and USN.

drkrn

150 jf17 lets assume each 20million$ makes 3000million
don't know cost of j.10

may not be possible for present day Pakistan..

nice observation p2prada

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
since when did their generals started to troll??
with their fleet of jf-17 and old mirages(5k) i don't think they can do a jack against iaf :namaste:

alphacharlie

since when did their generals started to troll??
with their fleet of jf-17 and old mirages(5k) i don't think they can do a jack against iaf :namaste:
Lets be Humble and remember Never to take our Opponent Lightly

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."
"• Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Adux

Country flag
This is true. Pakistanis seem to be able to leverage their diplomatic positions
much better than India when it comes to keeping up. Indian govt knew for
decades that they are getting nice gifts and the govt never worked to build
a military manufacturing infrastructure complete lack of any strategic thinking.
small countries like Sweden and Israel are able to build 4th gen+ planes why is
India still buying? Anything bought will also be coming with conditions and can
change if relations change.
You forget at what cost that has come to Pakistan, I understand the US position completely, as long as they are in Afghanistan(which is in our best interest in the current scenario) they need to humor Pakistan, and that is counter to Indian-Pak interest but in alignment with Indian - Afghan interest, I rather America arm Pakistan than China.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
i think we should ignore this article. In spite of pakistan being broken into 2 pieces ( Pak & Bangla) they say their army is superior and can beat IA any time.
After few years the current pakistan will further disintegrate into 4 pieces again they will say they are superior to India. Pakis were like this before, is like this & will be like this for ever, India has to make pakis depended on us & keep ignoring their pleas.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
i think we should ignore this article. In spite of pakistan being broken into 2 pieces ( Pak & Bangla) they say their army is superior and can beat IA any time.

Pakistani like to live in Illusion from reality, these kind of reports helps them so..

For the rest of the world and us, Its a matter of amusement..

Its better they live like this, its good for them also us..

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
as per my understanding india need 74 squadron strength vis a vis 32 of PAF in 2020 in order to give a tough fight to paf considering the past experience of both the air forces against each other

A famous saying by someone.i dont remember his name at the moment though

"I agree india might be having edge over Pakistan in Military Eqiupments Quantity/Quality both but they just cant import soldiers/pilots from israel or russia"

Jagdish

as per my understanding india need 74 squadron strength vis a vis 32 of PAF in 2020 in order to give a tough fight to paf considering the past experience of both the air forces against each other

"I agree india might be having edge over Pakistan in Military Eqiupments Quantity/Quality both but they just cant import soldiers/pilots from israel or russia"
74 sqadron :laugh: , any link supporting your claim

Our pilots are on par with Russian's & Isreal's , we don't want any external help when it comes to Pilots & soldiers

If you people want any help externally , bring all your middle east friend & the chinese onboard we shall see what happens after that:taunt:

Neil

Country flag

there is also a famous saying by someone i dont remember his name at the moment though...::

the pakis asking the chinese '' how to land this plane''

the chinese answered '' dont worry about it,, the Indians will do that for u...''

so keep your madrassa understanding to yourself....

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
74 sqadron :laugh: , any link supporting your claim

Our pilots are on par with Russian's & Isreal's , we don't want any external help when it comes to Pilots & soldiers

If you people want any help externally , bring all your middle east friend & the chinese onboard we shall see what happens after that:taunt:
i said my understanding..you are free not to believe

my post is based off the experience of 65 war or with a single active squadron of f-86(Courtesy the ACM nur khan) we were able to bring down more than 100 indian jet

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
The recent import of 600 SD-10 by PAF(225 already delivered) mentioned the possibility of SD-10 with being integrated with rose upgraded mirages as well

Hence Right now PAF BVR capable fighters include

63 F-16
50 JF-17
70-100 rose upgraded mirages

total=183 BVR capable fighter

I guess this is pretty much good for a defensive air force

Jagdish

i said my understanding..you are free not to believe

my post is based off the experience of 65 war or with a single active squadron of f-86(Courtesy the ACM nur khan) we were able to bring down more than 100 indian jet
1965 100 Indian jet downed it is pakistani claim , and no one on earth except pakistanis will accept what pakistani claim

Eg: Kargil was the operation led by non state actors , now ur general agrees i was in Indian side of kashmir:confused:
"Won't deny" reports of crossing the LoC: General Pervez Musharraf to NDTV | NDTV.com

Bin laden is not in pakistan im afraid he got sprayed by bullets in your place right Abbottabad :confused:
Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You even declared fake war victory in 1965 :frusty::taunt:

First learn how to tell lies which u will never get caught off guard , may be u people can take lessons from Indian politicians who are masters in that:thumb:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Quit funny they started the war, alleged that 100 jets were shout down, still they didnt won the war.

Btw title of thead should be paf over take IAF in having more paper planes.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
1965 100 Indian jet downed it is pakistani claim , and no one on earth except pakistanis will accept what pakistani claim

Eg: Kargil was the operation led by non state actors , now ur general agrees i was in Indian side of kashmir:confused:
"Won't deny" reports of crossing the LoC: General Pervez Musharraf to NDTV | NDTV.com

Bin laden is not in pakistan im afraid he got sprayed by bullets in your place right Abbottabad :confused:
Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You even declared fake war victory in 1965 :frusty::taunt:

First learn how to tell lies which u will never get caught off guard , may be u people can take lessons from Indian politicians who are masters in that:thumb:
OMG again you as usuall best at propaganda

if i recall IAF lost 2 Aircraft to paf in kargil while PAF none

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles