Pakistan Air Force Says It Will Overtake IAF.

Poseidon

Country flag
Pakistan Air Force Says It Will Overtake IAF.
By W Rorrkychand Singh | May 15, 2012 10:24 AM IST

Terming the Indian Air Force (IAF) as "crisis-hit" and rocked by various scams and infighting, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) claims that the PAF would overtake the IAF in the next one or two years.
Stating that the Indian media has expressed shock and dismay over the revelations that the IAF would lose its superiority to the PAF, a release by PAF said: "The squadron strength of the IAF will drop to just 31 during the country's 12th five year plan (2012-2017)."

"At present, the IAF is operating 34 fighter jet squadrons, as compared to the 26 operated by the PAF. However, the IAF needs to operate 39.5 squadrons to maintain its superiority over the PAF due to a wide variety of issues like geographical disadvantage," it added.

The statement on Monday also claimed India "seems to have overlooked the procurement of much needed fighter aircraft, needed to guard its skies. The IAF also plans to phase out around 125 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 fighter jets during 2014-2017. It plans to replace them with the HAL Tejas, whose induction is likely to get delayed."

On the other hand, the PAF is moving forward with a number of high profile aircraft deals. Pakistan recently received 14 General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon (Block-52) aircraft from the US. It is likely to acquire 14 more within a short time.

The PAF is also actively pursuing aircraft deals with Chinese aerospace companies. It has finalised a deal to purchase 36 Chengdu J-10 multirole fighter aircraft from Chinese aircraft manufacturer Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation. The PAF is likely to induct these aircraft in 2014, according to the statement.

Reports say that the PAF would purchase as many as 150 fighter jets from China in the long run.

Pointing out India's recent defence deal with the French aerospace manufacturer Dassault Aviation for 126 Dassault Rafale Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft, the statement claimed "the deal has come under increasing scrutiny after allegations of kickbacks being given to Indian defence officials. Even if the deal goes forward, the delivery of the fighter jet is expected to take a long time. Earlier the Dassault Rafale was rejected by nations such as Singapore, South Korea, Morocco and Switzerland, citing lack of advanced technology and cost."

It also claimed: "Ever since the current Prime Minister Manmohan Singh took over for a second term in 2009, the defence scene has remained murky and problematic for the Indian government."

"The Army chief, Gen V K Singh, who undertook a number of reforms within the armed forces, was asked to resign this month by the defence minister, citing an error in his officially reported date of birth. The opposition claims that the government terminated Gen Singh's services since he was opposed to the corruption in the armed forces. A loyalist of the ruling Indian National Congress party, Lt Gen Bikram Singh, will take over the leadership from Gen V K Singh on June 1, 2012," it added.

Pakistan Air Force Says It Will Overtake IAF - International Business Times
Could be a fake news.Roorkychand is not a very convincing name.Generally neither India nor Pakistan comment in public on such matters.
But we should hit back if this report is true.

Last edited:

Blackwater

dont know they overtake. but they maintained their defense Quality despite no money. unlike india who has money.

Money cant buy everything

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Its been historical truth that PAF ,despite small force as compared to IAF ,has always overwhelmed IAF and browbeaten it.and taday also it can do so 9 out of 10 times.

Poseidon

Country flag
Some of the reporters article:
First Look: Sunny Leone Shoots For Condom Ad [PHOTO] - International Business Times
Sunny Leone Sizzles In See Through Saree On FHM Cover [PHOTO] - International Business Times
:rofl:

Its been historical truth that PAF ,despite small force as compared to IAF ,has always overwhelmed IAF and browbeaten it.and taday also it can do so 9 out of 10 times.
It is also a historical truth that ajtr despite being banned numerous times is a troll and will always be a troll.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Pakis can not even recognize if any foreign nation has intercepted their airspace, last thing we need is their professional analysis.

But oh wait, I forgot that this was for humor !

Welcome

Country flag
PAF may right on this matter....but who cares in india, country with $40 bn defence budget are not in condition to face $6 bn army but who cares........

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
On the other hand, the PAF is moving forward with a number of high profile aircraft deals. Pakistan recently received 14 General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon (Block-52) aircraft from the US. It is likely to acquire 14 more within a short time.
Any idea that support from US for those F-16s would stop when they flew against India?

drkrn

take over iaf in just one or two years...
come on brothers. either fake news or paf is joking..

even if they get 14 f-16 (+14 according to paf)and 150 Chinese aircraft on long run(only god knows how much time it mean) , by the time they reach paf we will definitely add Sukhois and not to mention France promise to supply rafales on emergency basis if required i highly doubt that will occur.

do you think that Indian govt will sit idle if paf goes over iaf numerically (leaving aside quality)

first i doubt the news to be false.
why would paf make such statements to public??

by the way is it true that we produce 30 Sukhoi-30 per year?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Off course. We are just waiting for another Srinagar. Then our poor old fighters can show you guys how its done. Why dont you try? Whats stops you?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I like the OP. Anthony has been on a mission the last couple of months to get things done quickly. I hope this news especially the Pakis overtaking IAF will get people to take notice. I would personally like someone in Pak Army brag about this fact too. That will really help. I will personally thank that Paki guy

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
take over iaf in just one or two years...
come on brothers. either fake news or paf is joking..

even if they get 14 f-16 (+14 according to paf)and 150 Chinese aircraft on long run(only god knows how much time it mean) , by the time they reach paf we will definitely add Sukhois and not to mention France promise to supply rafales on emergency basis if required i highly doubt that will occur.

do you think that Indian govt will sit idle if paf goes over iaf numerically (leaving aside quality)

first i doubt the news to be false.
why would paf make such statements to public??

by the way is it true that we produce 30 Sukhoi-30 per year?
Pak govt is a backstabber and liar.

They need to motivate their people on false promises because they got nothing to do so, whole PAF was sleeping while their soverignity brutally raped in OBL killing, PAF can't do anything against drones, cant do much against Talibunnies,can't do anything agianst NATO helis cooking their soldiers in dozens with missiles/bullets but heck they would surely "overtake" IAF.

While blabbering of Gazwa-e-hind they are doing Gazwa-e-fart on their own people.... 35,000 killed so far in WOT.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
And if support did stop, it justifies the US arming the Pukes?
Those decisions are made way above my pay grade; but to be serious, I personally believe it is at best a necessary evil that F-16s are going to Pakistan. I look forward to the day when there is a alternative way for the US to influence that country.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
"At present, the IAF is operating 34 fighter jet squadrons, as compared to the 26 operated by the PAF. However, the IAF needs to operate 39.5 squadrons to maintain its superiority over the PAF due to a wide variety of issues like geographical disadvantage," it added.
I'd like to see the equation resulting in 34 = 39.5 and how those issues are factored in as variables.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I look forward to the day when there is a alternative way for the US to influence that country.
For a person who negotiates with a gun pointing at his own head, you don't get new ways of bargain.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Our flying hours can show them the mirror how better air force we are.

When our boys are pushing MKIs to its limits they are sitting on their eggs either waiting for spares from USA or mucking with aluminium frame JF-Blunder.

Country flag
dont know they overtake. but they maintained their defense Quality despite no money. unlike india who has money.

Money cant buy everything
This is true. Pakistanis seem to be able to leverage their diplomatic positions
much better than India when it comes to keeping up. Indian govt knew for
decades that they are getting nice gifts and the govt never worked to build
a military manufacturing infrastructure complete lack of any strategic thinking.
small countries like Sweden and Israel are able to build 4th gen+ planes why is
India still buying? Anything bought will also be coming with conditions and can
change if relations change.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles