Pak Taliban demand Rs400 million from oil firms, threatens attack

SpArK

SORCERER
Pak Taliban demand Rs400 million from oil firms, threatens attack

Oct 23, 2011

Rezaul H Laskar | Place: ISLAMABAD

The Pakistani Taliban have threatened to attack installations of Shell Pakistan and the state-run Pakistan State Oil if the two firms do not pay a total of Rs400 million within 20 days as extortion money, a media report said today.

"I had personally spoken to the managing directors of the Pakistan State Oil and Shell Pakistan and demanded that they arrange to pay us Rs200 million each. Otherwise, I had warned them that we would start attacking their installations anywhere in the country," a senior Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan commander told The News on phone.

The unnamed commander claimed officials of the two oil companies had sought time to consider the Taliban's demand. The commander further claimed the Taliban had never warned the companies to halt supplying fuel to NATO forces in Afghanistan.

He said officials of the companies "wrongly linked" the Taliban's threat to ending oil supplies to the foreign forces.

The commander claimed the PSO had issued a statement to the media that said the the Taliban wanted the company to halt oil supplies to foreign forces in Afghanistan.

"It isn't true. We never asked them to stop fuel supply to the US or NATO forces in Afghanistan. We had nothing to do with whatever they are doing. I just asked them to pay us Rs200 million within 20 days, otherwise we would target their installations," the commander was quoted as saying.

Pak Taliban demand Rs400 million from oil firms, threatens attack - World - DNA

SHASH2K2

Go baby go . Give us diwali gift and blast some of factories. :pound:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles