Pak successfully test fires Ghauri Hataf-V

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Congrats for the test, yeah even though it is from NK, so what they have tested it and we have one less NK missile to worry about.

BTW i was wondering if we have put our AWAC on alert to track its trajectory, at it gives valuable data.

Country flag
Congrats for the test, yeah even though it is from NK, so what they have tested it and we have one less NK missile to worry about.

BTW i was wondering if we have put our AWAC on alert to track its trajectory, at it gives valuable data.
Ghauri is a single stage missile similar to a rocket so the trajectory data will be important since the trajectory will be the same for all the Ghauris.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Thanks for the Pictures, Saya and KB.

Few Question:

How mature is North Korean technology of longitudinal spinning (Spin up) of missile with warhead and then release of spinning warhead attaining more stability at the end of boost phase i.e after 100 second.

Isn't spinning war head will be more easier signature to be identified by Interceptor sensors.

Is it possible to influence (GPS) targeting system by some means like creating a electronic inference blanket/flux over its estimated target.

I believe India has capability to detect IR signal via satellites, telemetric evaluation of such tests for range etc. (I hope we are doing) and systems like AWACS are going to help us calculate such bulky missile's trajectory with precision. Even if Pakistan be able to develop MIRV technology India can still target such missile in boost phase or during its exo-atmospheric flight.

Picture is revealing plenty. I am thinking that road mobile launchers and mating nuclear arsenal into it are easier to detect, not for India but nation's like USA and Russia. I hope India be able to enhance its capabilities to such an extent in near future. We are quite new or less experienced in this regard i.e mucking around restlessly detecting such movements. Also given the nature of such single boost, liquid fuel propelled, long missile, i am sure Pakistan will use such platform only for first strike not as second strike capability from deeply dug hardened missile silos. Satellite imagining of New massive constructions at strategic key areas will be a help though and obvious targets for preemptive strikes.

Last edited:

IBM

Cash striped pakistan should not waste, tried and tested off the self north korean and chinese missiles.. Pak should respect aid money. Aid money is not meant for these things..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Good to know that the Chinese missile worked!

rizwan78

Country flag
^
There is nothing to refute. Ghauri is the Nodong. Pak gave North Korea nuke tech, they gave them Nodong.
Ok, than why not admit that a poor, hungry country like North korea missile tech is better than yours ? same if you think it is from china then how can a junk tech of china is better then your which was never failed ?:emot159:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
rizwan78 said:
Ok, than why not admit that a poor, hungry country like North korea missile tech is better than yours ? same if you think it is from china then how can a junk tech of china is better then your which was never failed ?
It's not better. It's is crap. It's a liquid fueled missile which should be phased out

Don't get me wrong, China's DF-15's are solid fueled beasts. But they're not gonna give Pakistan that, they'll only sell you their 'junks'

North Korean missiles have failed numerous times before they were 'perfected' and sold off to Pakistan

U.S. officials: North Korea tests long-range missile

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 Posted: 0403 GMT (1203 HKT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- North Korea test-fired a long-range missile and five shorter-range rockets early Wednesday, but the closely watched long-range test failed within a minute, U.S. officials said.
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/07/04/korea.missile/index.html

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Ok, than why not admit that a poor, hungry country like North korea missile tech is better than yours ?
Because North Korean missiles are inferior to Indian missiles?

same if you think it is from china then how can a junk tech of china is better then your which was never failed ?:emot159:
China's missiles are not junk and no one said they were. Their ballistic missile programs started decades before India's, so it should be no surprise that they have more experience in this field.

However, China doesn't give Pakistan their best designes, only downgraded designs like M-11.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Evolution of the Ghauri Missile

The original beast: the Soviet SS-1 'Scud'

The North Korean reverse-engineered variant of the Scud with increased size and range, the 'Nodong-1'

A few Nodongs are reported to have been exported to Arab and Middle Eastern countries, like Egypt and Libya. From there, the design might have made its way to Pakistan, where it became known as the 'Ghauri'.

Behold, the wonders of Pakistani engineering :emot15:

rizwan78

Country flag
Now please dont say that..........
One of India's ablest students was A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. While training in the United States, he visited the space centers where the U.S. Scout rocket was conceived and was being flown. Kalam returned home to build India's first space rocket, the Satellite Launch Vehicle - SLV-3, a carbon copy of the Scout. NASA made Kalam's task easier by supplying unclassified technical reports on the Scout's design
http://www.wisconsinproject.org/countries/india/missiles.html

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
One of India's ablest students was A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. While training in the United States, he visited the space centers where the U.S. Scout rocket was conceived and was being flown. Kalam returned home to build India's first space rocket, the Satellite Launch Vehicle - SLV-3, a carbon copy of the Scout. NASA made Kalam's task easier by supplying unclassified technical reports on the Scout's design

:emot15:

The same link is repeatedly used by Pakistanis in all their fora !

Wisconsin project !!!! The same "project" which claimed that Iraq/Saddam had weapons of mass destruction !!

http://www.iraqwatch.org/

As of August 2006, Iraq Watch is no longer being updated. Click here for more information.

(we know why :emot15:)

Copyright © 2000-2007
Wisconsin Project on Nuclear Arms Control

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Let assume what you say is correct and what winconsinproject says about kalam is also true... Just lets assume for while okay?

it says NASA made Kalam's task easier by supplying unclassified technical reports on the Scout's design. unlike A.Q khan he didn't stole classified designs from urenco. Lets say NASA helped us in making our first space rocket and now we are capable to launch 10 satellites in a single mission using a single launch vehicle. we developed this technology.

now the truth,

ISRO decommissioned SLV's in 1983 itself. now i question what other evidence or reference do you have to make such a claim? what evidence do winconsinproject have regarding this claim? According to the best of my knowledge Abdul Kalam never trained in NASA or in USA. he got his diploma from Madras Institute of Technology(please correct me if i am wrong here). why would america or nasa give its precious design of scout rocket to a trainee or a student named abdul kalam?

rizwan78

Country flag
Let assume what you say is correct and what winconsinproject says about kalam is also true... Just lets assume for while okay?

it says NASA made Kalam's task easier by supplying unclassified technical reports on the Scout's design. unlike A.Q khan he didn't stole classified designs from urenco. Lets say NASA helped us in making our first space rocket and now we are capable to launch 10 satellites in a single mission using a single launch vehicle. we developed this technology.

now the truth,

ISRO decommissioned SLV's in 1983 itself. now i question what other evidence or reference do you have to make such a claim? what evidence do winconsinproject have regarding this claim? According to the best of my knowledge Abdul Kalam never trained in NASA or in USA. he got his diploma from Madras Institute of Technology(please correct me if i am wrong here). why would america or nasa give its precious design of scout rocket to a trainee or a student named abdul kalam?
do you want to admit that since 1983 you are working on missiles ? and after 27 years of developing so called ( Scout )indigenous missile ...EVEN this you are still far behind even a poor country north korean missile, which is regularly testing by pakistan and never failed a single time so for..........

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
There you go

From http://www.missilethreat.com/thethreat/pageID.248/default.asp

Long-Range Ballistic Missile Development

What is lacking from most current debates over Iraqi WMDs, however, is the undisputed fact that Iraq maintained an aggressive long-range ballistic missile development program throughout the 1990s. In the Duelfer Report, the CIA states unequivocally that Saddam Hussein intended to reconstitute long-range delivery systems for WMDs and that Iraq was developing both liquid- and solid-propellant ballistic missiles during this period.[16] In fact, the pace of Iraq's missile development programs actually accelerated through the 1990s, and the regime authorized its scientists to design missiles with ranges in excess of 150 km that, if developed, would have violated UNSCR 687.[17]

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Dr. Kalam was in USA for 6 months only, if that be the case and you are saying that he has taught by USA then just think what others (specially pakistanis who are staying in USA) would do with the knowledge.........

BTW do you thinks USA is fool to open its secrets for some one who is just going to come for 6 months.

Stop living in fools world. :emot16:

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
do you want to admit that since 1983 you are working on missiles ? and after 27 years of developing so called ( Scout )indigenous missile ...EVEN this you are still far behind even a poor country north korean missile, which is regularly testing by pakistan and never failed a single time so for..........
FYI Kalam was one of the junior designers when he was working in Indian space programme which was headed by Vikram Sarabhai and Satish Dhawan during that time.

You know under whom Abdul Kalam studied?...it was none other than Kurt Tank of the Focke-Wulf legend. He was trained in Madras university.

And above all Kalam was an aeronautical engineer not a rocket engineer. His first project in DRDO was a hovercraft. So you need to get your facts straight.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
OMG!!! seriously? did you even understand a thing that i have said? you have some serious problems.

SLV is not a missile, i repeat SLV is not a missile. SLV stands for satellite launch vehicle . both SCOUT and SLV's are launch vehicles and are different from missiles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_Launch_Vehicle

come on pakistan, you guys don't even have a missile that can break sound barrier. our navy can launch missile from under the sea; can your navy do that? our missile test fails because our media is honest enough to report them and we try different things and experiment new upgrades on our missile.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles