Pak should be ready for collateral damages if they fire: BSF

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
So this was something new.
Pakistan has moved many of its battalions from its sector to its western after Peshawar. This makes the deployed soldiers on eastern front to be more in offensive mode.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The way to deal with Pak is to keep them so busy that they don't have the chance to create trouble. Otherwise, we will always be on the defensive as you put it.

International pressure, to be blunt, I see little indication that much has changed. Yes we get news that we are responding more forcefully, clearly that is not enough to deter the Pakis, so we must escalate further. I don't see that we have much choice in the matter.

Again, how really is this leadership that much better? I am all for Modi but I am yet to see any real departure from the past. I understand that things don't change in a jiffy, so lets see how things develop.

Sharif is saner than the alternatives, but not sure how reliable he is both in terms of his intent and influence.
What do you mean by 'keeping them busy'?

One cannot be belligerent for the sake of belligerency. if that is what you mean by 'keeping them busy'. That would go totally against what little 'international pressure' that can be mustered to keep Pakistan in the dock.

What is to be done and being done these days is give it back right and proper, instead of holding punches as was the habit of India all through.

This Govt at least dares to tell Pakistan as to where they get off unlike the UPA govt. Imagine BSF, which is a police force and thus politically sensitive, is no longer hedging and instead is giving it back to the Pakistanis right and proper.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pakistan has moved many of its battalions from its sector to its western after Peshawar. This makes the deployed soldiers on eastern front to be more in offensive mode.
And we as always are still defensive, or rather passive. We act only when provoked.

What do you mean by 'keeping them busy'?

One cannot be belligerent for the sake of belligerency. if that is what you mean by 'keeping them busy'. That would go totally against what little 'international pressure' that can be mustered to keep Pakistan in the dock.

What is to be done and being done these days is give it back right and proper, instead of holding punches as was the habit of India all through.

This Govt at least dares to tell Pakistan as to where they get off unlike the UPA govt. Imagine BSF, which is a police force and thus politically sensitive, is no longer hedging and instead is giving it back to the Pakistanis right and proper.
Sir, if this international pressure you speak of worked in the slightest, we would not have had the repeat attempt at 26/11 that we seem to have had new years eve.

Its not 'belligerent for the sake of belligerency', its being on the offensive. I also do not mean just the borders. Else we will keep having repeats of what we have at LoC or IB every few weeks. My simple point is that, I understand that we are giving back worse than we get, but that is clearly not enough to deter the enemy. If all we do is be passive and wait for an attack to respond, we'll have another major attack and then international pressure will mount on us to not retaliate.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
And we as always are still defensive, or rather passive. We act only when provoked.
Yes, and we know that we will be provoked through out the year. Offensive defence is the way out.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Actually, before we did not even react when provoked except cosmetically.

That apart being the political response of abject passivity, the military too was very cautious and had to look over the shoulder as to what its response had to be.

Now, its 'goli ke jawab goli se'. And no looking over the shoulder.

A good change and great for the morale of those who are facing the adversary.

Sir, if this international pressure you speak of worked in the slightest, we would not have had the repeat attempt at 26/11 that we seem to have had new years eve.

Its not 'belligerent for the sake of belligerency', its being on the offensive. I also do not mean just the borders. Else we will keep having repeats of what we have at LoC or IB every few weeks. My simple point is that, I understand that we are giving back worse than we get, but that is clearly not enough to deter the enemy. If all we do is be passive and wait for an attack to respond, we'll have another major attack and then international pressure will mount on us to not retaliate.
International opinion is important.

India's international equations has changed the world from claiming that Kashmir is disputed and supporting Pakistan to it being a bilateral problem and there is no need to internationalise it.

If you are suggesting India should attack Pakistan, then check the CNP.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Actually, before we did not even react when provoked except cosmetically.

That apart being the political response of abject passivity, the military too was very cautious and had to look over the shoulder as to what its response had to be.

Now, its 'goli ke jawab goli se'. And no looking over the shoulder.

A good change and great for the morale of those who are facing the adversary.
I accept entirely that things are better and I can only imagine the morale boosters for the brave souls on the front-lines but if it is insufficient to deter the enemy, its not a sufficient policy.

International opinion is important.

India's international equations has changed the world from claiming that Kashmir is disputed and supporting Pakistan to it being a bilateral problem and there is no need to internationalise it.

If you are suggesting India should attack Pakistan, then check the CNP.
International opinion, for us yes, does not seem to matter much for Pak as long as US provides them money and China weapons or both. Did that stop after 26/11?

I don't wish to internationalize the situation, however our current approach is not sufficient.

Attack is a very wide term.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles