Pak shells India, India retaliates

Ashutosh Lokhande

Once again, you do not understand international and geopolitical realities.

Why should India withdraw?

The UN resolution does not stipulate that.

Your suggestion suggests that we should like supine and let the world walk all over us.

I am afraid no Nation will accept that formula of being walked all over them.
i accept my lack of understanding in international and geopolitical realities, thats why am asking/discussing the issue with a person who understands. :)

one last question i wanted to ask,
what should india do to PERMENANTLY end the Kashmir dispute once and for all.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
i accept my lack of understanding in international and geopolitical realities, thats why am asking/discussing the issue with a person who understands. :)

Given the contemporary geopolitical environment, one wonders if indeed the problem can be solved in the manner you think it should be.

Ashutosh Lokhande

Given the contemporary geopolitical environment, one wonders if indeed the problem can be solved in the manner you think it should be.
leave my view, am not suggesting anything but was just wondering on what would the outcome be if referendum actually did take place and would it be in indias intrest.

i am more intrested in knowing your point of view on how to permenantly end the kashmir dispute once and for all.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
leave my view, am not suggesting anything but was just wondering on what would the outcome be if referendum actually did take place and would it be in indias intrest.

i am more intrested in knowing your point of view on how to permenantly end the kashmir dispute once and for all.
Then you are on the right lines - continue wondering.

Why ask me? I can only state what anyone who understand world politics would state. One cannot postulate anything beyond that for the ones who are not quite matured to understand world politics and geopolitical realities.

Ask Modi. He is running the country.

Address your queries to the UNSC for the international reaction.

sorcerer

Country flag

UN Is just a social settings for politicians and diplomats. UN is not as awesome as you think when it comes to doing real world things, other than cleaning up after a war etc.etc. To understand it better, imagine UN as a grandpa with no teeth, myopic, and on wheel chair who sits and farts. The best part is that the fart gets translated to many languages and is shown live on TV.

We are dealing with Pakistan and as you know to run a country and to talk sensibly and without lying rulers of Pakistan needs more than Madrassa education which ofcourse they lack with lot of other things human. So Kashmir is an issue that does not have any out of the box solution that includes referrendum.

Blackwater

Chinese investors pull back in Pakistan

HE market is still rife with rumours over what could have prompted the Chinese company Shandong Ruyi Science and Technology Group Co. Ltd to pull back from its offer to acquire 31.2m shares of Masood Textile Mills Limited — a company listed on the KSE.

The intended acquisition was approximately for 52pc of the 60m paid-up shares of the company. The mainland Chinese firm's desire to acquire Masood Textile Mills (MSOT), first announced on December 5 last year, had created a great deal of excitement in the market. And the abrupt announcement last Tuesday that the transaction had been called off caused more furor.

Neither the company nor its lead manager offered any clue as to what may have soured the transaction. Explanations offered by analysts and sector experts ran from the ordinary to bizarre.

A notice by the company stated that the conditions required to be fulfilled under the Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) between the sellers and the acquirers for the transaction were not fulfilled within the agreed timeline, which was why the completion of the transaction was no longer possible under the SPA terms.

Chinese investors pull back - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

deeper than sea and higher than mountain friendship:lol::lol:

and these pakis want war with india with economy on collapse. india should move resolution in UN to take control of paki nuke. a country which is collapse economically and politically is not fit to keep nukes
:sad::sad:

Last edited:

Ashutosh Lokhande

Then you are on the right lines - continue wondering.

Why ask me? I can only state what anyone who understand world politics would state. One cannot postulate anything beyond that for the ones who are not quite matured to understand world politics and geopolitical realities.

Ask Modi. He is running the country.

Address your queries to the UNSC for the international reaction.
nevermind, it looks like you have no point of view of your own or you are just being too difficult. would have appreciated your views as its intresting to know the views of a person who has actually worked in the defence sector considering your vast knowledge you must have acquired serving in our defence sector i would have liked to know about your views and solution of the Kashmir issue. anyways leave it. i wont bug you more :D cheers.

ladder

Country flag

The permanent solution to Kashmir is compromise but the point is that we already have executed our share of compromise. So, we can't be asked for more. And there can't be any solution till the other party recognises it and executes it's share of compromise, till then there can't be any 'permanent solution'.

Thus, permanent solution putting the 'action to be taken' only India is akin to trying to clap with one hand.

Referendum ( as per UN ) resolution had some explicit and few implicit (generic) conditions, which were to be met, try convincing Pak to implement them, then we can talk 'referendum'.

==============

Now, that you are a strong advocator of 'UN's role', could you answer what was UNMOGIP's action during OP Grand slam, OP Gibraltar, 1965 war. To remind you, in 1965 there was no Shimla Agreement. Or recently in 1999 Kargil War?

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
@Shaitan,

Did they use Bharat 52 and Dhanush at the LoC recently?

So every cross border or cross LoC firing is an opportunity to test our new artillery systems?
There is a very old Indian saying :

"Haathi ke Daant khaane ke liye aur Dikahane ke liye aur hoten hain "

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashutosh Lokhande

==============

Now, that you are a strong advocator of 'UN's role', could you answer what was UNMOGIP's action during OP Grand slam, OP Gibraltar, 1965 war. To remind you, in 1965 there was no Shimla Agreement. Or recently in 1999 Kargil War?
yup i agree, UN has failed to do the job it was supposed to and has ended up being puppet of select powerfull countries.

PS: am not a an advocator of UN or anything, i was just playing devils advocate and trying to speak of pakistans POV and there expectation from UN to intervene.

thethinker

Country flag
UN and UNMOGIP are like those CCTV cameras which everyone thinks work and record everything to get an impartial proof of evidence.

But when you go behind the curtain, you find out that either they aren't switched on at all or are suddenly turned on as per convenience based on realpolitik :lol:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Predicament of Muslim Elites of Asian Subcontinent

This forum is visited by friends who are interested in Security affairs of the subcontinent including from Pakistan. One of the largest security Challenge that exist in the Subcontinent is the Mulim Predicament - their Social and Political status and what think of their condition. It is this predicament which led to division of India and even after the division, the predicament continues less in India but more in Pakistan and Bangladesh.

That predicament was best expressed by late poet Hali. Altaf Husain Hali (1837-1914) in his inimitable way captures the dilemma of Muslim identity as perceived by segments of the ashraf classes (Muslims devided themselves into havs and have nots vide a fatwa) in nineteenth century northern India. Steeped in nostalgia for Islam's past glories and a wry sense of the Muslim predicament, Hali's Shikwa-e-Hind, or complaint to India, cannot be dismissed as simply the bigoted laments of a man who has accepted social closure on grounds of religious difference and antipathy towards non-Muslims.

Farewell O Hindustan, O autumnless garden
We your homeless guests have stayed too long
Laden though we are today with complaints
The marks of your past favors are upon us still
You treated strangers like relations
We were guests but you made us the hosts
You gave us wealth, government and dominion
For which of your many kindnesses should we express gratitude
But such hospitality is ultimately unsustainable
All that you gave you kept in the end
Well, one has a right to one's own property
Take it from whoever you want, give it to whoever you will
Pull out our tongues the very instant
They forgetfully utter a word of complaint about this
But the complaint is that what we brought with us
That too you took away and turned us into beggars
You've turned lions into lowly beings, O Hind
Those who were Afghan hunters came here to become the hunted ones
We had foreseen all these misfortunes
When we came here leaving our country and friends
We were convinced that adversity would befall us in time
And we O Hind would be devoured by you
So long as O Hindustan we were not called Hindi
We had some graces which were not found in others

You've made our condition frightening
We were fire O Hind, you've turned us into ash

well if you understand the above you may find answers to some of your questions as to why Pakistan behaves the way they do..

I pity them.

https://www.tcd.ie/iiis/documents/archive/pdf/communalismayesha.pdf

Blackwater

A long time ago Britain and France were at war. During one battle, the French captured an English colonel.
They took him to their headquarters, and the French General began to question him.

Finally, as an afterthought, the French General asked, "Why do English Officers wear red coats? Don't you know the red material makes you easier targets for us to shoot at?"

In his bland English way, the officer informed the general that the reason British officers wear a red coats is that, if they are shot, the blood won't show, and the men they are leading won't panic." And that is why, from that day to this, all Pakistani Army Officers wear brown pants.
:lol::lol:

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
If you see Pakistani News and media channels, they are finding themselves helpless so restoring to rhetoric of warning India that they have nothing to lose because they are already a failed state. They themselves have started saying it. Never knew a clear and visible politico-military response form India will make them so jittery and forthcoming.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
BTW half of the Pakistani netizen have started tagging Chinese in their posts seeking console, help and backing against India.

anupamsurey

Country flag

even if you go by the UN resolution of 1948, pakistan has to withdraw their army from entire kashmir, and India has to maintain a observer force till the plebescite is held, so pakis dont even give a thought to it.. but want India to withdraw. the matter is out of the hands of UN, shimla agreement clearly states that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles