Pak ranks 4th world IT service provider to overseas clients

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
@thethinker, its not just about electricity - there are a thousand more factors which make me take this Paki media report with a drum of salt.

There are hundreds of thousands of IT employees in India. We see them in every big city. Almost every IT organization worth its name has a presence in India. From giants like IBM, Accenture, Microsoft, Google and Oracle to little known ones like Terra technologies and Aris global. There are dozens of successful world-beating IT service firms in India - Tech Mahindra, L&T Infotech, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Cognizant, HCL, etc. etc. AND - almost every big non-IT company worldwide has massive development centers in India. From GE to Airbus, from Wal-Mart to Fidelity, from Samsung to Target, from Morgan Stanley to Goldman Sachs.

Now, come to the West. The IT sector in the West is dominated by Indians. Entire IT departments of companies like Daimler NA, Goldman Sachs, etc. are staffed by 90% Indians. Just go to any reasonably sized company in one of the large cities like New York, Chicago, London, Frankfurt, Munich, San Francisco, etc. The IT departments (and even the non-IT in many cases) are literally teeming with Indians.

My question to @Neo is, where are all the Pakis, if they are really "4th largest"? Where are the international companies providing employment to all the Pakis in Pakistan? Where are the Paki homegrown companies nurturing and moulding all these IT Pakis? Where are the hordes of Pakis in Western shores? Pakis are notorious for having the lowest standards of living in Western societies, in complete contrast to Indians. Paki IT professionals? Needle in a haystack!!

This Paki article is just a lot of hot air from the behind.

sorcerer

Country flag
Re: Pakistan ranks fourth in world as IT service provider to overseas

What maybe we have missed is that overseas service IT providers maybe right, because a huge many from Pakistan would be the service support for the Overseas Terrorists and that cannot be officially countred.
ROFLMAO!!!!!
Awesome sir... Your comment made my day!! :D :D

thethinker

Country flag
@Bangalorean - The reason for pointing out the IT infrastructure side is because of this claim :

ISLAMABAD - Services Trade Development Council (STDC) during its maiden meeting noted that Pakistan is the fourth largest IT service provider to the overseas clients ranked only behind US, India and Philippines with over 200,000 Pakistani professionals working in this field.
This claim would assume at the very least some of these things :

A stable government
Peaceful and low threat perception region
Relatively stable and uninterrupted electricity if you are going to host data, apps and services of overseas clients in your local datacenters
Ease of setting up businesses by overseas IT clients

Instead what we see in Pakistan now is :

Container marches
Daily blasts and terrorism
Unabated energy crisis (lots of load shedding and now the fuel crisis)
A corrupt environment

Manpower quality of IT is the last thing here.

Where do these Pakis get such delusions of grandeur is something to wonder about.

It is the usual "lie and lie big" with them. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for @Neo, the world is not the local Paki madrassa junta which will accept every nonsensical claim coming from Pakistan.

salute

Pakistan ranks fourth in world as IT service provider to overseas clients

ISLAMABAD - Services Trade Development Council (STDC) during its maiden meeting noted that Pakistan is the fourth largest IT service provider to the overseas clients ranked only behind US, India and Philippines with over 200,000 Pakistani professionals working in this field.

First meeting of the Services Trade Development Council took place in the Ministry of Commerce, which was chaired by the Engr. Khurram Dastgir Khan, Minister for Commerce. The Minister said that Ministry of Commerce would put in place the regulatory framework necessary for enhancing the exports of services from Pakistan. The Council will consult the State Bank of Pakistan to devise a suitable mechanism to facilitate these IT professionals to bring the wages of their work to Pakistan directly.

In order to effectively market the Pakistani Technology industry, the Ministry of Commerce will enhance the participation of Pakistani IT companies in the international trade fares and exhibitions. The Government will also take measures to enhance the capacity of the free lancers working from their homes and small offices providing IT services to foreign clients. The Minister said that the Ministry will train its trade officers abroad to effectively market the Pakistani Technology industry.

The meeting also agreed to take necessary steps to enhance tourism especially religious tourism in the country as Pakistan hosts remains of various ancient civilisations and religions for example Indus Valley Civilisation, Gandhara, pertaining to Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists and other religions. The Council suggested taking measures to enhance intra-SAARC trade of services which is currently very low.

Meeting was also attended by the representative of Ministry of Information Technology and Telecom, Secretary Trade Development Authority of Pakistan, representatives of Pakistan Software Houses Association for Information Technology, Pakistan International Freight Forwarders Association, Travel Agents Association of Pakistan, Insurance Association of Pakistan and Constructors Association of Pakistan.

Business News – The Nation
fake paki media,but you can post it on some bangladeshi forum,

name even one paki IT company internationally recognized, if it is says its rank among top countries in IT,

or maybe you are talking about BPO's and call centers and you must be trying to confuse your paki people with false propaganda that its IT company.:lol:

Last edited:

bennedose

Pakistan ranks fourth in world as IT service provider to overseas clients

First meeting of the Services Trade Development Council took place in the Ministry of Commerce, which was chaired by the Engr. Khurram Dastgir Khan, Minister for Commerce. The Minister said that Ministry of Commerce would put in place the regulatory framework necessary for enhancing the exports of services from Pakistan. The Council will consult the State Bank of Pakistan to devise a suitable mechanism to facilitate these IT professionals to bring the wages of their work to Pakistan directly.

In order to effectively market the Pakistani Technology industry, the Ministry of Commerce will enhance the participation of Pakistani IT companies in the international trade fares and exhibitions. The Government will also take measures to enhance the capacity of the free lancers working from their homes and small offices providing IT services to foreign clients. The Minister said that the Ministry will train its trade officers abroad to effectively market the Pakistani Technology industry.

The meeting also agreed to take necessary steps to enhance tourism especially religious tourism in the country as Pakistan hosts remains of various ancient civilisations and religions for example Indus Valley Civilisation, Gandhara, pertaining to Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists and other religions. The Council suggested taking measures to enhance intra-SAARC trade of services which is currently very low.

Meeting was also attended by the representative of Ministry of Information Technology and Telecom, Secretary Trade Development Authority of Pakistan, representatives of Pakistan Software Houses Association for Information Technology, Pakistan International Freight Forwarders Association, Travel Agents Association of Pakistan, Insurance Association of Pakistan and Constructors Association of Pakistan.

Business News – The Nation
Not a single word in this article says what "IT" means in Pakistan. IT stands for "International terrorism" and Pakistan stands first, not fourth. Someone is wajibul qatl for this

sorcerer

Country flag
The government of Pakistan has given numerous favors to IT investors in the country since last decade, that resulted in the development of the IT sector. In the years 2003-2005 the country's IT exports saw a rise of about fifty percent and amounted a total of about 48.5 million USD :facepalm:.The World Economic Forum, assessing the development of Information and Communication Technology in the country ranked Pakistan 102nd among 144 countries in the Global Information Technology report of 2012

http://techies.pk/articles/sizing-pakistan-it-industry-exports-domestic-spend/

'Pakistan IT exports can touch $5 billion mark by 2020'
KARACHI: Information Technology (IT) industry of Pakistan could touch exports of $5 billion mark by 2020 if proper business strategy, required infrastructure and talented human resources are made available to local companies in the coming years.
Haris Naseer Director at Infotech Group said Pakistan's IT exports were presently estimated at $2 billion with quite good pace despite many challenges and issues to industry players.

'IT exports can touch $5 billion mark by 2020'

sorcerer

Country flag
No updated reports are available on the so called PSEB website. But still we can have an idea about 2015 from the slump figures a few years back..

[pdf]http://www.pseb.org.pk/images/study/pseb_it_market_review.pdf[/pdf]

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
paki media could be fake,

if the rank is based on BPO and call centers it dont mean that pakis are 4th in the list of companies like microsoft,ibm ,

like i said name even one paki IT company.
Its a fake news.. I looked at statistics..its all in millions way below the threshold limits of prominent IT hubs!

sorcerer

Country flag
Guys give the poor guy a break. It is not his fault that Paki media and the state is in such a pathetic condition. :sad:
Sure if he stops posting anti India propaganda, which he knows very well, without cross checking on facts.
Actually, he asked for it. So we were giving it to him trying to clear the cloud of doubt.

Peace out!

Neo

There's that. @Neo :nono:
If I wanted to post anti India shyt, the forum would be full of it.

The fact is that the Pakistan section is a complete joke, a troll fest and a place to promote hate speech where some of the most senior members take the lead and the mods turn a blind eye to them.

But if I post something critical on India, the hell breaks loose. Trolls gang up to kill the messenger because the message is often too strong to be killed. I have stopped wasting my time feeding these trolls so I am not bothered anymore. But the poor and cheap replies I get are there for every viewer and visitor to see and it puts this board and India to shame. So there is no need for me to post anti India stuff, trolls are more damaging to India's rep than a moderate and liberal Pakistani like me here.

Sameet Pattnaik

The fact is that the Pakistan section is a complete joke, a troll fest and a place to promote hate speech where some of the most senior members take the lead and the mods turn a blind eye to them.

But if I post something critical on India, the hell breaks loose. Trolls gang up to kill the messenger because the message is often too strong to be killed. I have stopped wasting my time feeding these trolls so I am not bothered anymore. But the poor and cheap replies I get are there for every viewer and visitor to see and it puts this board and India to shame. So there is no need for me to post anti India stuff, trolls are more damaging to India's rep than a moderate and liberal Pakistani like me here.
Sizing up Pakistan IT Industry Exports and Domestic Spend - Techies.pk will give right info your about country future IT sector prospective ! it doesnt seem so good though but in future too your country will have small sector and projection by them is just hologram not so real but seems so !

sorcerer

Country flag

Messenger is killed because the message is too stupid to be killed.. [ You are still in denial!!!]
Your acting of the fall guy is pathetic.

Who posted the Link about Pakistan link
You

Who posted it without verifying facts
You

What did the Indian posters do
They verified the facts stated by you and found it incorrect. They posted their facts and figures to back their claim. This is what happens in a discussion. Since you didnt have any figures to back your claim, you chose to play the fall guy. Good for you.

Why is there sarcasm
Cuz Pakis never learn!!

Critical news on India
People post links to back their claim most of the time to deny the news or give an alternate suggestion to the news.
Most of the links posted are from Core sources- Govt depts etc which can make your 'critical news' void.

Now you are complaining when the Fake news is countered with facts and figures. It doesnt put INdia to shame, but it puts lying Pakis like you to shame depite the fact that their lies are exposed everytime.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles