Pak offers discounted JF-17 fighter jet

pankaj nema

Country flag
This offer of " Three JF 17 at the price of ONE F 16 " was made YESTERDAY ie PRIOR to this crash

Now the new slogan has to be " Buy one get one free "

Country flag
If Pakistan does not get a sale in the middle east the "free" chinese planes may be lower in numbers or may not be free after all?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

My key words on Google search engine was " epic faceplam wallpaper " !! Yes !

What a cheap move this shows this shows they dont trust Chinese hard wares themselves..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Peace for the Fallen.

But one thing seemed curious to me. When a Sukoi 30 mki crashed and a pilot died, the thread in pdf was full of people buzzing, with 86 comments in it. Now a JF17 has crashed, like 7 people are noticing it. They dont even call it JF17, they call it a vintage trainer aircraft. I think they feel puppy shame talking about it. No, seriously!
actually they dont want to accept the fact that it is cheap fighter and it can fall from sky worse even the back up for pilot for emergency too has failed. That is why they are in the denial mode.

dev.uitda

It is most probably because of the failure of either the china built russian turbo fan, which is notoriously inferior or the batteries on the aircraft. Prasun says that the china built batteries have a life time of 8months only. Anyways even if the flight crash is due to pilot error, ejection parachute failure is a technical fumble. Hopefully they will pay heed to it and attend to the faults rather than dismissing it patriotically.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Hopefully they will pay heed to it and attend to the faults rather than dismissing it patriotically.
Hopefully, they won't.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
After yesterdays crash they should offer, 4 JF 17 fighters for price of one decent fighter. Incase one get crashed they still have 3, but expect further rise in offer if more Junk fighters crahes (if i am those countries i would wait for more crash it will result in better deal).

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
This instantly reminds me of the raddi wala ... "Raddi le lo Raddeeeeeeeee ....................Kabaadee Radddeeeeeeeee " :D

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I'm sure Chinese will be able to earn margins even at Buy 1, get 4 free offer.

These cheap fighters are dream for many poor third world countries. Many will be ready to compromise safety records for financial discounts. Just believe if they can sell 3 JFTs at price of 1, what will be cost of spares & maintenance?

There are only 2 major problems standing between JFT's success in terms of export -

• Engine - For now it depends on Russians. But over a period of time Chinese will be able to produce a reliable engine replacement. Mass production will bring down the prices of units to record low.
  • Pilot training - When safety records are poor, extensive pilot training is required. For which PAF/PLAAF will be happy to provide it to poor countries in exchange of orders.
Its like a Chinese electronic gadget. You don't like it. You don't find it reliable because you are used to Sony products. But there are millions of individuals out there who are tremendously happy to own it looking at their budget. They are ready to ignore the fact that, this gadget can explode in my pocket!

Blackwater

I think Chinese does not want to be involved in JF-17 BLUNDER . That's y they have selected beggars to to advert that junk

mahesh

Country flag
this are not final version jet's , or is it?

the production of Block-2 version of JF-17 Thunder aircrafts will be started. This model will be provided with the newest e-war system, additional weapons. Besides, two-pilot model of the aircraft is being developed.

what i double is, are they trying to R&D with this first block version in real world situation to see how they perform in real time ? or it might be some way to raise funds or 2nd phase of production by Pakistan, i don't know.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles