Pak leader moots common currency for India, Pakistan

parijataka

Country flag
Hain...???? Saves Pakistan the trouble of smuggling fake Indian currency through BD and Nepal... :)

Pak leader moots common currency for India, Pakistan

LAHORE: Over 1,200 items on the negative list regime for trade with India will be withdrawn in December and the time has come for the two countries to think of introducing a common currency to boost trade, ruling Pakistan People's Party leader Jehangir Badr has said.

"Precisely 1,209 items on the negative list of trade with India will be withdrawn by December," Badr said while addressing a Pakistan-India Media Conference at the Lahore Press Club yesterday.

The time has come for Pakistan and India to think of introducing a common currency for countering the pressure of the US dollar, British pound and Euro and to boost bilateral trade, he said.

Around 40 Indian journalists, who are in Pakistan for a three-day visit, attended the conference jointly arranged by the Lahore Press Club, Chandigarh Press Club and the Press Club of India in New Delhi.

Badr, who is part of a parliamentary-level peace dialogue between the two countries, mentioned how the PPP and its governments had been trying to improve relations with India.

Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira, who also addressed the gathering, said peace between India and Pakistan is very important and both countries were actively engaged at different levels in this regard.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I am no great economist, but someone tell me this - if we indeed switch to a common currency, won't the Pakis reap the benefits of the stronger Indian rupee, and benefit greatly in terms of fuel and weapon imports etc.? Someone please correct me if I am wrong. If that is the case, there is no way we will allow them to freeload themselves on our backs!!

Again, though I am no economist, I think it is ok if Pakis start accepting Indian currency for transactions within their country - I think that has only positive repercussions for India. Again, someone correct me if I am wrong.

On a different note, if my latter suggestion is implemented, I would love to see their Mullahs handle the notes with MKGs face on them! Some inbred Mullah will certainly go on a note-burning spree! :pound:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
People of pakistan are starting to realize how important India is for them to develop and the radicals are starting to loose their hold, who are responsible to spread hatered upon Indians and are also responsible for making pakistan a failed terrorist state.....

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Sky just fell on me. Pakistan's currency is also named Rupee, that we know already.
Well what is Rupee derived from? Here's the horror.
Rupee is English for the Hindi word 'Rupaiya'. The 'Rupaiya' is coming from rūpya - a Sanskrit term for Silver Coin.
What did you say again .. a Sanskrit base for Pakistan's Coin !!! :scared:
Tauba Tauba

Regards,
Virendra

sob

Mod
Country flag
If we look at what happened in the Euro Zone. There was one very strong economy and couple of decently strong economies ( France, Holland,Austria) that led to to the Euro. And then what happened to the PIGS with super weak economies- today they are on the verge of collapse and international ridicule.

Sounds familiar.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sky just fell on me. Pakistan's currency is also named Rupee, that we know already.
Rupee is English for the Hindi word 'Rupaiya'. The 'Rupaiya' is coming from rūpya - a Sanskrit term for Silver Coin.
Tauba Tauba

Regards,
Virendra
They just forgot in all the anti India terror to rename their currency to Rial :D

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
no way

Indian currency is already termed as the worst currency in Asia

devalued by a Atleast 20% in a single year with growth dropping to 4.9%

Google about Indian currency performance worst in Asia

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
no way

Indian currency is already termed as the worst currency in Asia

devalued by a Atleast 20% in a single year with growth dropping to 4.9%

Google about Indian currency performance worst in Asia
Those comparisons are among real countries - Pakiland is not even included. Paki rupee is in much worse shape. So don't make asinine statements.

And its a LOL moment to see Pakis getting an orgasm on seeing some predicted 4.9% growth figure somewhere for next year. Stupid Pakis.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Tauba Tauba

Regards,
Virendra
the Hindustan name to India was given by Muslims for being the place of Hindus

What is wrong in this?

@note
by Muslims one must not be confused with the present day Indian Muslims(converted from Hinduism)

i Am talking about the present day Muslims in Pakistan or Kashmir or the martial race

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Let SAFTA be implemented first!

Pakistan would any given day want to cling on to the Rs. and so would the other regional countries but learning from EU, and how complicated a process it can be as seen in the GCC and ASEAN, it is an idea far from implementation, at least a few decades if not more. Not just that, the politics is far from conducive.

On Pakistan specific, one has to just look at how hugely mismanaged an economy it has been all through out, their economy goes in circles where when they do good is a rarity, and an economy overly dependent on dole outs from other countries and aid agencies. The last thing Indian economy would want is to bear the burden of an economy whose managers are by and large extremely corrupt, clueless, and whose internal politics is extremely unstable.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
the Hindustan name to India was given by Muslims for being the place of Hindus

What is wrong in this?

@note
by Muslims one must not be confused with the present day Indian Muslims(converted from Hinduism)

i Am talking about the present day Muslims in Pakistan or Kashmir or the martial race
I literally fell off the chair :rotflmao:

parijataka

Country flag
Agree with Yusuf, India should stay as far as possible with anything Paki. Having made a mess of their country, they are looking with greedy eyes at better managed and stable Bharat now. Criminal, terrorist country - Pakistan.

Raj30

Tauba Tauba

Regards,
Virendra

looks like Indonesia using the correct term

p2prada

If there is a single currency, then RBI will end up making most of the financial decisions for the block, especially if we include other countries like Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Bhutan.

Which would mean all these countries would become our "bitch."

Even if we consider this happens over the next 10 years, India would be nearly the size of today's US economy by then. So, any financial shocks from these smaller economies will be absorbed by the comparatively massive Indian economy. For eg: A financial problem in Bihar, which is a big but poor state, or in Assam, which is a small state, won't really reflect badly on the entire Indian economy which may comprise of multiple very rich states. Even less if the financial institution of a country like Pakistan fails as a lot of our economy is dependent on domestic consumption. So, if a country like Pakistan fails, we can always bail them out. That's practically buying the country.

Win-win for India and Pakistan in financial terms. No chance of war and most of our current problems with Kashmir will become secondary. This will remove Pakistan as an enemy, they can reduce their defence expenditure to reflect their economy and we will have a lesser chance of seeing a two front war with China. So, Win-lose in favour of India in political terms.

p2prada

truth is BITTER sir ji but didNt knew to this extant
I hardly think a guy like Yusuf would have anything to do with the Dravidian race in South India.

There is little or no difference in the way Muslims settled in Pakistan/Kashmir/India(North or South).

Conversion, maybe, but not as many as you think.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles