PAK FA preliminary Stealth Assesment - Ausairpower

JineshJK

Every one even India knows that Russian weapons are less reliable and effective than their Western counterparts. It is understood that this is a tradeoff for cheaper prices and more bribes for the purchasing officials. Whenever these weapons are used on a large scale in a war, many of them do work, although not as well as Western versions and whoever is using Russian weapons usually losses.
Please be more specific, This is not a fan boy section.
Please watch genuine video likes this instead Lockheed endorsement videos..

In this video, John Farley (former Harrier Test Pilot) explains what is Su-27, how superior it is to western jets and about the technology Soviets/Russians applied. He also explains how it is difficult for a jet to perform a cobra. Wing designs, Engine capability,etc.

Yeah majority of popular Indian daily(reach to mass) defence journalists dont have any good idea or reach on defense equipments and they simply copy/paste news from western news agencies(diplomatically biased).(eg: stupid YT video of Col.Terrence Fornof on Su-30MKI and some Indian News channels acceptance for it) Also US propaganda(since 1990) progressing very well in India, each and every air accident reports(Russian jets or copter involved) emphasize these words "Russian built aircraft", "Russian copter", "Russian made".etc.
Today people blindly believe anything from Israel(they are not bothered about indigenous technology/development atleast investment.)
Of course Indian defence industry is no match for highly funded Israeli or US industry, but US puppet Govt. in India like happyin making Israel rich.
2/3 Israeli weapon industry targeting India. Same for US. As long as they need Indian defence contracts, there will be no peace in Asia.(creating pressure and thus forcing to buy weapons instead ingenuously develop it) So Western countries want Asian market than friendship.
Only few countries helped India in difficult times. Soviets are one of them and I am not expecting that exact attitude from Russians because situations changed, they are recovering from 1989 economic/political disaster. Now their goals are pretty much same to the US, make money..

Ok what the point is, Still there are some difference,
Generally Russian weapons are reliable, rugged, effective, efficient and value for money.(Not all of them but most of them).
You dont have any proof for your claims, right? This is not Youtube commenting. No one is superior in defence technology. West usually get more investment in the field while Russia suffering in economy(compared to West). Even with mammoth defence investment and facility, US weapons and equipments are not dominant as the money spent.!! Look at both countries 5th gen jet development. US made expensive fragile piece of metal(with many problems not yet fixed). Russia made practical reliable(not expensive to own/maintain) working jet.

I dont think following Soviet/Russian equipments are bad or totally inferior to its western counterpart.
Su-27,Su-35,Mig-21,Mig-29, PAKFA
T-72&T-90MBT
All RPG series
Russian Subs
Mig-25
Russian SAMs (tell me S-300 or S-400 is inferior to Patriot!!)
Rocket Engines(NASA Atlas rockets powered by 30 year old Russian rocket engine design. RD-180)
Space Vehicles
ICBMs
AAA....

Last edited by a moderator:

lookieloo

Officially confirmed semantics.

Already reported by our highest officials.
LOL wut. Looks like I forgot another element of your *equal partnership*... the Russians can jack-up the price whenever the hell they feel like it. 5th-generation fighter plan hits hurdle as Russia hikes cost - The Times of India Now what was that you said earlier about 2014?

Oh well, looks like y'all don't have much choice since Lockheed/US won't pay Indian pride the same patronizing lip-service as Sukhoi/Russia.

p2prada

LOL wut. Looks like I forgot another element of your *equal partnership*... the Russians can jack-up the price whenever the hell they feel like it. 5th-generation fighter plan hits hurdle as Russia hikes cost - The Times of India Now what was that you said earlier about 2014?
Seen this happening so many times. This was reported last year.

Oh well, looks like y'all don't have much choice since Lockheed/US won't pay Indian pride the same patronizing lip-service as Sukhoi/Russia.
: rolleyes :

The Last Stand

Country flag
Every one even India knows that Russian weapons are less reliable and effective than their Western counterparts. It is understood that this is a tradeoff for cheaper prices and more bribes for the purchasing officials. Whenever these weapons are used on a large scale in a war, many of them do work, although not as well as Western versions and whoever is using Russian weapons usually losses.
I guess Americans don't hear of the T-64A's complete superiority to every tank in the West all the way upto the M1A1HA and the Leopard 2A4. I guess you haven't heard of how the MiG-29's and Su-27's IR search and track sensors were completely superior to the F-15 and F-16 right till now.

I suppose that you don't know the superiority that the Russian MiG-15, 17, 19 and 21 provided compared to the American Century fighters right till the end of 'Nam.

I think you forgot that Russians beat you to space.

Need anything more on the effectiveness of Russian weapons?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles