PAK-DA not for us : IAF Official

neo29

Denying rumors a serving Indian air force official have told idrw.org that , "IAF never ever considered nor did Russians ever presented any proposal on it " has quoted by a serving IAF official when asked on rumors of India's interest in PAK-DA development or purchase .

PAK DA (or PAK-DA), is a next generation strategic bomber which is being developed by Russia. It stands for Perspektivnyi Aviatsionnyi Kompleks Dalney Aviatsyi which means Future Air Complex for Strategic Air Forces. The PAK DA is going to be heavily based on Russia's current supersonic bomber Tupolev Tu-160 and is expected to have it's maiden flight by 2015. and enter service by 2020-25 time frame .

Currently, the Russian air force has Tu-95 and Tu-160 strategic bombers, as well as long range Tu-22 bombers. Indian Navy is past was interested in renting four Tu-22M bombers , but officially no explanation was given byIndian Navy on backing out, but sources close to idrw.org have told us that high maintenance cost and further expenditure on up-gradation of this aircraft's which had to be borne by India and it is been also told that Tu-22M on offer where not in best of shape in terms of maintenance and airframe life where possible reason why Indian Navy turned away from this aircraft's.

Rumors of Indian interest or Russian proposal of PAK-DA sparked of lately when India's Strategic Nuclear Command requested to have its own separate fighter bombers for nuclear platform , Russian offer or PAK-DA purchase seems to be pure media speculation and doesn't hold ground . but demand of SNC for immediate purchase of new aircraft's for this jobs is still under review by Government of India .

PAK-DA not for us : IAF Official

A.V.

I think this was well known anybody claiming that PAKDA held a chance was just fooling around anyways i do not expect it to fly even by 2015 as of now its uncertain about the project also a fresh bid is going to take place between all the design br. to develop a new bomber so whoever wins the fresh bid gets the funds , now where pakda stands amongst this i really dont know because there are clearly no signs of it anywhere as of now or next 2 years

about the Tu for navy russia has offered an upgraded package whats going on as of now still uncertain

A.V.

I think this was well known anybody claiming that PAKDA held a chance was just fooling around anyways i do not expect it to fly even by 2015 as of now its uncertain about the project also a fresh bid is going to take place between all the design br. to develop a new bomber so whoever wins the fresh bid gets the funds , now where pakda stands amongst this i really dont know because there are clearly no signs of it anywhere as of now or next 2 years

about the Tu for navy russia has offered an upgraded package whats going on as of now still uncertain

rakesh

Is there any chance to buy Strategic Forces Command for nuclear strike?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
PAK DA? Dude, Pakistan started howling and raising hell about "destabilizing the region", "arms race", "discouraging peace process" and "escalating the cost of war" and what not nonsense when we just announced Arihant's (that had 4 more years before induction, in 2009) completion. Imagine what would they react if we just announce "Gentlemen, we're planning to buy 40 long range heavy nuclear stealth bombers for our Strategic Forces Command.:happy_2:

They'd literally accuse us of planning to carpet bomb their country!:emot163:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
bharat verma wrote in his publications that india is in serious negotiations with russia regarding the purchase of tu-160 blackjack.i think india should immediately place an order of 40 tu-160 bombers to counter chinese string of pearls strategy. also india has never produced a bomber (though it has a history of using them) so india will have very little to offer when it comes to joint venture in pak-da,though russia may offer it in the later stages of the project when they are short of funding.also 20-30 pak-da can be purchased post 2025 if neccessary. another option is that india can fund a project to develope a maritime reconnaissance version of tu 160 with asw capability.i know it may sound awkward but india is already going for p-8a poisedon which is still in developement,the tu-160 platform is with its supersonic capabilities is a hundred times better platform than boeing 737 platform on which p-8 is based and will also be much cheaper.

plugwater

40 Tu-160 really ? Even Russia has only 16 operational Tu-160, Its an over kill also the production line is closed i think, its expensive and maintaining these bombers is a nightmare. We need some aircrafts in the class of Su-34.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
the production line of tu 160 is not fully closed after it was restarted in 2005 and the developement of modernized version is in slow progress.40 tu-160 is not an overkill at all(with reference to the requiement of 40 nuclear capable bombers of snc). yes russia has 35 tu 160 but they also possess more than 100+tu-95 of which 58 are currently in active service, they also have many tu 22m3,tu-142m,su-34.india must possess an active bomber fleet of atleast 2 squadrons to free up the fighters of a2g bombing role after full or partial air superiority is acheived over the battlefield and also to target chinese warship trying to enter indian ocean region and strike deep inside china

Country flag
With the 30 billion order for PAK-FA we can get whatever we want from Russia, This is the biggest order Russians aviation has ever received. If we want PAK-DA I am sure we can get it.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
It is always in our strategic interests to have a fleet of missile carriers like Blackejack. In fact IAF is looking for a dedicated bomber squadron(English electric Canbera was not actually a heavy bomber) ever since they retired antiquated B-24 Liberators but due to various reasons they failed to manage till this date. IAF dire need long range bombers to put threat to mainland China and they know they need it at least as an deterrent. So in my opinion IAF must be on with PAK-DA and are waiting for any concrete to come before they open their mouth. Do not forget any such plan to buy is going to spark hue and cry not just from we care less but from nations like Australia which in past had shown concerns regarding long range of Bharat's Ballistic Missiles.

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Russian PAK-DA Stealth Bomber Not For Us : IAF Official Said

May 29, 2011

Indian air force official have said that , "IAF never ever considered nor did Russians ever presented any proposal on it " has quoted by a serving IAF official when asked on rumors of India's interest in PAK-DA development or purchase .

PAK DA (or PAK-DA), is a next generation strategic bomber which is being developed by Russia. It stands for Perspektivnyi Aviatsionnyi Kompleks Dalney Aviatsyi which means Future Air Complex for Strategic Air Forces. The PAK DA is going to be heavily based on Russia's current supersonic bomber Tupolev Tu-160 and is expected to have it's maiden flight by 2015. and enter service by 2020-25 time frame .

Currently, the Russian air force has Tu-95 and Tu-160 strategic bombers, as well as long range Tu-22 bombers. Indian Navy is past was interested in renting four Tu-22M bombers , but officially no explanation was given byIndian Navy on backing out, but sources close to idrw.org have told us that high maintenance cost and further expenditure on up-gradation of this aircraft's which had to be borne by India and it is been also told that Tu-22M on offer where not in best of shape in terms of maintenance and airframe life where possible reason why Indian Navy turned away from this aircraft's.

Rumors of Indian interest or Russian proposal of PAK-DA sparked of lately when India's Strategic Nuclear Command requested to have its own separate fighter bombers for nuclear platform , Russian offer or PAK-DA purchase seems to be pure media speculation and doesn't hold ground . but demand of SNC for immediate purchase of new aircraft's for this jobs is still under review by Goverment of India .

Russian PAK-DA Stealth Bomber Not For Us : IAF Official Said ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
i think it would be wise for drdo to scale up our aura ucav into the size of say a b-2 if iaf is considering a bomber fleet post 2025 rather than going ahead with manned pak-da.

A.V.

PAKDA is still very very far away and it needs a lot of review and ideas on how to go about it.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I dont think we have target that far in mind to have nuclear bomber, now a days missile can do the job. It will be complete waste of resources, it will be wise to spend on more pressing needs of our country.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles