Pak Army to grow by 180,000; Change to offensive posture?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
No , i do not think so in present and near future any Indo-gov would take out PoK. Reason is first pak has militraily fortified that region and purely economics...

When RAY sir was there i had asked him same question that can now Indian take back pok region.he said same thing that pak militraily has fortified it well.secound economics to subsatin war in POK region and then its merger with india and third there should be will in future govs to take on.he does not see any gov having will

Present gov is rasing is purely barganing chip to force enemy to defacto accept LoC as present boundary

IF you had analyses track 2/back channel most what indian had offered to pak is convert LoC as IB.

Even musuraff-MMS negotiations where on same lines to accept loc as IB
Yes as I said before, the previous Govts had no will to take back PoK. They were pussies elected by pussies . but it is not so now. The present govt is pretty clear it wants PoK . why do you think Kashmir is always off the table from talks today?

If Indian army can't retake PoK despite being 4-5 times as strong as pak , they don't deserve the respect they currently have

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Yes as I said before, the previous Govts had no will to take back PoK. They were pussies elected by pussies . but it is not so now. The present govt is pretty clear it wants PoK . why do you think Kashmir is always off the table from talks today?

If Indian army can't retake PoK despite being 4-5 times as strong as pak , they don't deserve the respect they currently have

Point is not whether indian-militrailycan take on Pak militraily . Indian militraily can take on pak miliraily provided it has resources which they are demanding from centuries.

Point is whether future gov have any will to taken on . Will to subsatin pressures.Will to subsatin huma casulaities which would result in war while taking pok back and calling off pak nuclear bluff,

Point is can future gov have will to direct Indian militraily to take on battle pok .

Look how american-Europe pressure/sanction on iran brought it on negioatiating table for its nuclear reactors.
same kind of saction would be applied on India.

What present gov is doing is going on offensive on pok/balchusitan to force pak on accept LoC as IB

earlier gov where always defensive and never raised POK point now its begin raised and pak has no idea how deal with it.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Point is whether future gov have any will to taken on . Will to subsatin pressures.Will to subsatin huma casulaities which would result in war while taking pok back and calling off pak nuclear bluff

Look how american-Europe pressure/sanction on iran brought it on negioatiating table for its nuclear reactors.
same kind of saction would be applied on India
Oh for gods sake have some self respect man. India is no Iran and cannot be brought to knees by sanctions. I am pretty sure most of the world lacks the balls to sanction India to begin with.

The only question is do we have a govt with the will to take it back. The answer is, yes we have now. And no we dint have that kind of govt till 2014

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Oh for gods sake have some self respect man. India is no Iran and cannot be brought to knees by sanctions. I am pretty sure most of the world lacks the balls to sanction India to begin with.

The only question is do we have a govt with the will to take it back. The answer is, yes we have now. And no we dint have that kind of govt till 2014
Well i too have self respect so does every indians...

India has not been subjected to economic/business sanction just like IRAN.ALL it has been subjected to where militraily that to by american can only not by europe.

We where subjected once durning 1998 but then NRI came to rescue by investing in bonds

DingDong

Country flag
Point is not whether indian-militrailycan take on Pak militraily . Indian militraily can take on pak miliraily provided it has resources which they are demanding from centuries.

Point is whether future gov have any will to taken on . Will to subsatin pressures.Will to subsatin huma casulaities which would result in war while taking pok back and calling off pak nuclear bluff,

Point is can future gov have will to direct Indian militraily to take on battle pok .

What present gov is doing is going on offensive on pok/balchusitan to force pak on accept LoC as IB

earlier gov where always defensive and never raised POK point now its begin raised and pak has no idea how deal with it.
Indian Political leadership is not 100% convinced about IA's operational readiness post the long stalemate which took place after the Parliament Attack, we lost hundreds of men during mobilization. GOI was ready to bleed Pakistan post 26/11 but response from IAF was less than encouraging. IA is far from becoming an expeditionary force, and it is not due to lack of equipment. It is because of the training regime which hasn't changed much since the arrival of the East India Company.

I don't think that India will ever face economic sanction because of the kind of strategic mess the US is currently in (in Asia-Pacific).

raja696

how much of crude oil storage is there in India to sustain for domestic and military. How long we can sustain in war, with out having impact on our domestic Dependant economy. In what scenario does china poise to enter in to two front war , if we go in to POK.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
India has not been subjected to economic/business sanction just like IRAN.ALL it has been subjected to where militraily that to by american can only not by europe.
:facepalm: only USA and few of its closest lackeys sanctioned us and that too in 98 for a few years. It had no effect on us. And of course, we are not in 98 anymore.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Indian Political leadership is not 100% convinced about IA's operational readiness post the long stalemate which took place after the Parliament Attack, we lost hundreds of men during mobilization. GOI was ready to bleed Pakistan post 26/11 but response from IAF was less than encouraging. IA is far from becoming an expeditionary force, and it is not due to lack of equipment. It is because of the training regime which hasn't changed much since the arrival of the East India Company.

I don't think that India will ever face economic sanction because of the kind of strategic mess the US is currently in (in Asia-Pacific).
I donot know whether GoI trust IM or not and vice-versa Need to involve some one from militraily backroung to comment. Saidly RAY sir have passed away , and i donot know anybody who where in armed forces and now present on DFI as well . i anybody knows then kindly tag them here

Now how come army lost 100 men just in mobilisation.there must had been inqury into it....

For 26/11 gov was focused on taking on those terrorist then how come goi had odered IAF to attack pak/terrorist
Even if gov had odered pak miliraily would had been alert from day one

leave it pak and all , even some indians where considering it to handiwork of RSS

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
No , i do not think so in present and near future any Indo-gov would take out PoK. Reason is first pak has militraily fortified that region and purely economics...

When RAY sir was there i had asked him same question that can now Indian take back pok region.he said same thing that pak militraily has fortified it well.secound economics to subsatin war in POK region and then its merger with india and third there should be will in future govs to take on.he does not see any gov having will

Present gov is rasing is purely barganing chip to force enemy to defacto accept LoC as present boundary

IF you had analyses track 2/back channel most what indian had offered to pak is convert LoC as IB.

Even musuraff-MMS negotiations where on same lines to accept loc as IB

how much of crude oil storage is there in India to sustain for domestic and military. How long we can sustain in war, with out having impact on our domestic Dependant economy. In what scenario does china poise to enter in to two front war , if we go in to POK.
nice posts from all of you quoted above

in terms of sanctions, on a side note , regarding those on iran , it is actually the international community which blinked first, ...it is they who have given in basically to all of iran's demands which if we recall accurately was not for the right to make a nuke bomb but merely for the right to have nuke energy as a working option

this the international community has now allowed and the safe guards are largely self inspection ( whatta joke !!! ) and some once in a while BS -type cursory inspection by the IAEA

so although iran underwent some sanctions they won big-time in the end

as for india , i dont think we should be "afraid" of international sanctions , when we were under british for 200 years , what was that ? wasnt that sanctions ? of the worst kind ?

but of course, no one expects that indian people want to pay that kind of a price just to get a land bridge to C Asian states ....so reluctantly i suppose the LOC will in effect be the IB

but i have always said the better way to handle pak is to give them back their own medicine , i.e. covert operation not only in balouchistan but also POK and indeed sindhudesh and saraikistan ( south punjab ) ...those aren't fairy -tale type desires of the peoples therein to have their own states

and so while overt operations might not be the preferred way , then unlike the previous goi, this present goi , if and when faced with another mischievous attack from packland, today's goi should go ALL-OUT but on covert ops and no dilly-dallying and no soft response like the previous goi .......so . . go HARD but covert .

in addition to that , the alternative to outright taking back of pok whose citizenry may actually prefer independence , is to do the covert stuff like what pack has been doing to us for the past 60 years, ( and china too, in the NE areas of india ,,,, but we will confine first to merely packland ) and it is not unreasonable that :-

pok could become independent, and like Bhutan, may choose to have india as their main defense partner ...that would be a pretty good alternative to incorporating them as part of us ?

!invitation to comment and if you feel what ive written is interesting, go ahead and "clicke" :-
@angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah @bose @brational @blueblood @Blackwater @Blood+ @Bangalorean @bengalraider @cobra commando @Chirag @DingDong @ersakthivel @guru-dutt @Hari Sud @hit&run @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indibomber [/USER ]@jackprince [URL='http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/4163/']@Kunal Biswas [/URL]@LETHALFORCE [USER=14451]@laughingbuddha @mhk99 @Neil @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy @Razor @Rashna @rock127 @R.parida @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sgarg @sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @TejasMK3 @The enlightened @tejas warrior @tharun @thethinker @tsunami @Screambowl @Sylex21 @VIP @Yusuf @Yumdoot @Zebra
@Nicky G @FRYCRY @Aravind Sanjeev @Illusive
@A chauhan @DFI_COAS @anoop_mig25[/USER]

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
The point 2 in OP makes sense if arabs are paying for this.

Also i think they are just trying to maintain their present number cause they must have lost a significant soldiers to either "Bad taliban" or suicides.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles