PAK ARMY ON FOREIGN DIPLOMACY WITH ARROGANT STATEMENTS

Who Will you hold responsible for current sorry state of affairs in Pakistan ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lupgain

Country flag
World left Pakistan alone to face terrorists: Asim Bajwa

BERLIN: Director-General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Asim Bajwa in an interview with Deutsche Welle Urdu on Wednesday said the narrative that Pakistan has not done enough to fight terrorism was "unfair" as it did not recognise Pakistan's contributions to the war against terror.

In a rare and candid interview with DW Urdu’s Kishwar Mustafa, Bajwa said, “The world had abandoned Pakistan to handle and face the terrorists in the region alone, and Pakistan has completed the task”.

Bajwa also commented on the drone strike that killed Mullah Akhtar Mansour, accusations that Operation Zarb-i-Azb did not target the Haqqani network, as well as the internal displacement caused by the operation.

Read the full transcript of the interview below or http://m.dw.com/ur/دہشت-گردی-کے-خلاف-پاکستانی-جنگ-کو-جرمنی-نے-بھی-سراہا-جنرل-باجوہ/av-19347731
KM: There is a narrative in the West that Pakistan has not done enough in the war on error. How do you see it?

AB: I take it [the narrative] as quite an injustice to Pakistan. I take it as discrimination against Pakistan. Whichever you evaluate the matter, Pakistan has done a lot in the war against terrorism and for peace in the world.

Pakistan has played an unparalleled role against the Al Qaeda and all other terrorists that morphed over time, be it after Russian aggression in Afghanistan or the post-9/11 scenario.

I would like to say through your channel that it is injustice against Pakistan by the global community and that they did not do enough for Pakistan. They presented a flawed narrative, and they should recognise Pakistan’s perspective and morally support Pakistan.

KM: Keeping in mind the facts on the ground, 62 per cent of banned terrorist organisations are flourishing in southern Punjab. Yet Pakistan Army operates mainly in other areas and then Punjab comes somewhere down in their list. What is the reason behind this?

AB: http://www.dawn.com/news/1266707/wo...-to-face-terrorists-alone-asim-bajwa#comments

lupgain

Country flag
I believe Pakistan Army never wanted to lose it's hold and say in Pakistan otherwise they would lose their way to existence. I would like to mention following reasons as per my intelligence.
They never allowed true democracy, were hegemonic, mixed religion with country's existence, wanted to gain strategic depth by spreading terror into neighboring territories..

Kshatriya87

Country flag
You missed an option there. ISI. They control the media, text books, newpapers, madarsas etc.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles