Pak Army convoy ambushed , tank destroyed & soldiers beheaded.

Neo

I am actually quite impressed with Pakistani security forces, I suspected Talibani elements will do far more attacks as a reaction to Zarb-e-Azb ops
TBH the internal security still is very sluggish and all the credit goes to the Army for destroying the terrorist infrastructure and IED making facilities. About 90% of Waziristan is now cleared and that was the strongest TTP stronghold. Without sufficient IED, terrorists can't undertake bomb blast as often as they used to. Operations Zarb-e-Azb and Khyber-1 have been ver efficient sofar.
Khyber-2 and -3 will start soon before we go to Quetta and Karachi to end the militancy.

Another reason for decline in terrorist activities is the exodus of almost all foreign mercenaries who have found better grounds with ISIS. As a result the TTP is broken and cash strapped bow with very weak leadership.

DingDong

Country flag
TBH the internal security still is very sluggish and all the credit goes to the Army for destroying the terrorist infrastructure and IED making facilities. About 90% of Waziristan is now cleared and that was the strongest TTP stronghold. Without sufficient IED, terrorists can't undertake bomb blast as often as they used to. Operations Zarb-e-Azb and Khyber-1 have been ver efficient sofar.
Khyber-2 and -3 will start soon before we go to Quetta and Karachi to end the militancy.

Another reason for decline in terrorist activities is the exodus of almost all foreign mercenaries who have found better grounds with ISIS. As a result the TTP is broken and cash strapped bow with very weak leadership.
I am sure that they will return back to their breeding ground sooner than expected.

Neo

I am sure that they will return back to their breeding ground sooner than expected.
Raheel Shareef is pushing the government to look for a permannent solution and has strongly lobbied for the annaxation of FATA to bring it under central rule.
Most of the local feudals and warlords have died with the terrorists, others have fled and major parts remain in a political vacuum without a Jigra. Under these circumstances the militants can resurrect and PA doesnt want another costly war.
FATA has to be annexed and the borders given to PA to secure permanently.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles