Pak Army convoy ambushed , tank destroyed & soldiers beheaded.

Poseidon

Country flag

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I am actually quite impressed with Pakistani security forces, I suspected Talibani elements will do far more attacks as a reaction to Zarb-e-Azb ops

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I am actually quite impressed with Pakistani security forces, I suspected Talibani elements will do far more attacks as a reaction to Zarb-e-Azb ops
That zarb-e-zeb operation wiped out a lot of militant infrastructure. They need some time to regroup. And regroup they will - they will not spare the Paki Army. Wait and watch.

Poseidon

Country flag
Tge situation among Taliban both Afghan and Pakistani is similar to situation among ISIS IN 2009-10.

Kashif

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
That zarb-e-zeb operation wiped out a lot of militant infrastructure. They need some time to regroup. And regroup they will - they will not spare the Paki Army. Wait and watch.
Very few bomb blasts in other parts of the country. I think Wagah border attack was the only notable one.
I would've expected fireworks in Karachi atleast.

Tge situation among Taliban both Afghan and Pakistani is similar to situation among ISIS IN 2009-10.
Plij to explain saar.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Back in 2010 everyone thought ISIS was beyond recovery as attacks carried were lowest sibxe 2003.
I don't think ISIS was even in the reckoning in 2009-2010.

Taliban and other elements otoh have demonstrated their prowess time and again.

Its possible that most of them have probably abandoned their N Waziristan shelters and shifted to S Waziristan or other safe havens in KP or Afghan or even PoK GB area ?

ladder

Country flag
That's a gamble they took which succeeded. Have to give credit for that to them. Few steps they took before the operation 'z-e-a' actually turned out to be good.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
That's a gamble they took which succeeded. Have to give credit for that to them. Few steps they took before the operation 'z-e-a' actually turned out to be good.
Could you elaborate which steps ? I believe Sharif was for talks and Army wanted their op but besides that no idea.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
May be they will attack GHQ and kill lots of them. BTW where is the video?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Very few bomb blasts in other parts of the country. I think Wagah border attack was the only notable one.
Its a lull, don't put away the beer and popcorn just yet. Mark my words.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Its a lull, don't put away the beer and popcorn just yet. Mark my words.

ladder

Country flag
Could you elaborate which steps ? I believe Sharif was for talks and Army wanted their op but besides that no idea.
1. Bringing in Rangers to take control of city of Karachi ( one year before Z-e-A). ( Also enable them to get into areas within the city where Taliban had stronghold ), also later many other cities in Punjab were transferred to Rangers.

2. Allowed Pro-establishment Punjabi terrorists to do surgical action on Taliban in Afghan territory ( PA might have helped), to send a massage that if TTP doesn't want them to intervene in those areas then there should be clear distinction of territories.

3. Sufficient time was given to Terrorists to flee before actual ground operation was launched.

4. Dividing the pro-establishment and anti-establishment elements within Taliban.

==============

Poseidon

Country flag
I don't think ISIS was even in the reckoning in 2009-2010.

Taliban and other elements otoh have demonstrated their prowess time and again.

Its possible that most of them have probably abandoned their N Waziristan shelters and shifted to S Waziristan or other safe havens in KP or Afghan or even PoK GB area ?
ISIS was known as ISI(Islamic State in Iraq) back in 2009-10.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
TTP Jamat-ul-Ahrar Threatens in Video to Behead Pakistani Soldiers in Khyber Agency | Multimedia | Articles

From the video it looks like atleast 10 pakistani army vehicles including 6 trucks were destroyed in addition to an al zarrar tank.
The tank crew was apparently beheaded along with other soldiers.
According to SITE intel group which translated video says this attack took place on November 5-6.
Seems this video is old one.

PA suffering loses due to terror but the timing of the video release is coinciding with the PA Chief US visit.

Poseidon

Country flag
Seems this video is old one.

PA suffering loses due to terror but the timing of the video release is coinciding with the PA Chief US visit.
The video was confirmed by SITE to be a unseen one.
It was uploaded on November 14.
Also the camo worn by the beheaded Pak soldiers is the one issued in February 2014.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles